Re: Upcoming Ammo Stacking Changes 12/24/2021 07:07 AM CST
Speaking of ammo stacking, I've thought of a related QoL update that might be nice to add to the list at some point. If ammo fired by creatures could stack itself when it lands in the room, that would be really nice. It often gets to the point that I can't even see the creatures in the Room Window because there's so much ammo "and some other stuff" or however it words that, where the creatures are "other stuff". Makes it hard to actually see what's there, whereas having one stack in the room would be much more manageable.

Thanks,
Bastion of Life Karthor
Re: Upcoming Ammo Stacking Changes 12/24/2021 10:49 AM CST
How about making quivers work like auto-looters for arrows when looting a kill?

Falker
Re: Upcoming Ammo Stacking Changes 12/24/2021 05:07 PM CST
While I can understand the desire to have more realism than 1000 arrows weigh 2 stones, I don't think that having a sling stone weigh 2 stones each is particularly realistic either. Perhaps a compromise somewhere in the middle would be better? I know of a halfling that will struggle to carry sling stones at 2 stones each one.
Re: Upcoming Ammo Stacking Changes 12/26/2021 12:40 PM CST

Another good compromise would be.... Leave it alone as it is now. No one asked any of you to make it more "realistic" Concentrate on things that actually need fixing
Re: Upcoming Ammo Stacking Changes 12/26/2021 02:04 PM CST
>If ammo fired by creatures could stack itself when it lands in the room, that would be really nice.

This might be possible once the changes are in place! We'll certainly have more flexibility with stacking ammo, but I can't make any promises just yet. We may also be able to flag them as part of the junk group of items -- is there a particular creature that piles up like this often?

>While I can understand the desire to have more realism

No one has said anything about this change being related to realism at all.

>No one asked any of you to make it more "realistic" Concentrate on things that actually need fixing

See above. The original announcement said it was being made for an upcoming TT project, which have mostly been well received by the community. We're certainly not doing this because someone has an idea of "Haha, let's make players angry" or anything of the sort. Ammo weight handling is inconsistent at best -- crafting gives you pieces that are 2 stones, standard profiles weigh 2 stones, SEPARATE and BREAK give you the proper 2 stone weight, but stuffing them in a container suddenly makes them weigh essentially nothing. This causes problems with other things, whether they're visible on the player side or not. No one is denying that it's 'nice' on the player side having weightless stacks of thousands of ammo. The change isn't being made with the intent of stomping on that or to force some kind of realism, but rather intended standardization to support at least one upcoming project -- and as noted above, the potential for other updates will exist after this change.

We provided a heads up because we knew it would affect some of you and wanted you to be able to prepare. Most are going to be fine, and all are capable of adapting.

Zadraes
Re: Upcoming Ammo Stacking Changes 12/26/2021 05:58 PM CST
<<This might be possible once the changes are in place! We'll certainly have more flexibility with stacking ammo, but I can't make any promises just yet. We may also be able to flag them as part of the junk group of items -- is there a particular creature that piles up like this often?>>

Neat! I notice it really bad on forager wights, and a little less but still sometimes kinda rough on Xala'shar archers.

Thanks,
Bastion of Life Karthor
Re: Upcoming Ammo Stacking Changes 01/12/2022 07:21 PM CST
Yes and no, don't forget about folks running TKS.