Repair Shops: 08/10/2021 08:16 PM CDT

Were these changes also updated with Thieves and their contacts with fixing weapons/armor? You guys would do this after I get all my armor and weapons repaired about an hour ago. LOL Thanks for the updates!!!!

Dalkin/Jim
Re: Repair Shops: 08/10/2021 08:26 PM CDT
>>MAGHRIT: Were these changes also updated with Thieves and their contacts with fixing weapons/armor? You guys would do this after I get all my armor and weapons repaired about an hour ago. LOL Thanks for the updates!!!!

These changes only affect the listed repair shops.

GM Cordulia
Re: Repair Shops: 08/10/2021 08:38 PM CDT

I guess what I meant to say, has this been updated with "Contact fix" where if I hold a piece of armor/and or weapon in hand and use my contacts to send the item to the shop and get a ticket from my contact for said armor piece/weapon, has that been updated to the new changes also? Depending on if the armor is metal or wood, depends on which shops the contacts drop off the armor and/or weapon(s) to.

~Dalkin/Jim~
Re: Repair Shops: 08/10/2021 09:00 PM CDT
Sounds like a very cool QoL change, so no more running newbies all the way out to Wolf Clan to repair part of my gear while other parts are stewing err being repaired in Crossings. That brook can be murder to some newbies.

Thank you
Re: Repair Shops: 08/10/2021 09:10 PM CDT
>>MAGHRIT: I guess what I meant to say, has this been updated with "Contact fix" where if I hold a piece of armor/and or weapon in hand and use my contacts to send the item to the shop and get a ticket from my contact for said armor piece/weapon, has that been updated to the new changes also? Depending on if the armor is metal or wood, depends on which shops the contacts drop off the armor and/or weapon(s) to.

I haven't looked at how the contact system selects repair shops. If you test it, would you mind sharing the results?

GM Cordulia
Re: Repair Shops: 08/10/2021 09:40 PM CDT

[Shard, Moonstone Street]
A splendid building composed of a fine blond wood supported by beams of crystal stands head above shoulders over all other establishments by the Bridge of Rooks on Moonstone Street. Still more impressive is a completely crystal phoenix that seems to spring out of the doorway's lintel, its wings unfurling to sweep under the roof before curling up at the ends. The sculpture's breathtaking beauty is only matched by the gleaming black elegance of the bridge to the west that rises up to embrace the air. You also see a sodden gulley.
Obvious paths: east.
>contact fix
A sickly looking Elothean man sporting a bad limp brushes past you and whispers, "You wanted to have that leather cowl looked at? Well, I can tell you it would be 804 Dokoras to have the cowl repaired for you, and it would be ready for you in about 1 roisaen.
You palm a few coins as the limping Elothean man brushes past you and takes the hand-off. The limping Elothean man whispers, "Be back shortly," then slips away with your leather cowl.

Several moments later, A sickly looking Elothean man sporting a bad limp brushes close by and whispers, "Here is the repair ticket you wanted." The limping Elothean man slips a repair ticket into your hand and moves away briskly.
[Roundtime: 8 seconds]
>read my tick
Looking at the Ylono ticket you see it is for a dusky leather cowl sculpted into a draconic visage with fire opal eyes. You recall that your cowl should be ready any moment now.

Written at the bottom you see Ylono's Repairs, Southern Trade Route near Shard, Ilithi.
>contact fix
Taking another look at your ticket, you realize Ylono hasn't had enough time to make the necessary repairs.
>contact fix
Taking another look at your ticket, you realize Ylono hasn't had enough time to make the necessary repairs.
>contact fix
>read my tick
Looking at the Ylono ticket you see it is for a dusky leather cowl sculpted into a draconic visage with fire opal eyes. You recall that your cowl should be ready any moment now.

Written at the bottom you see Ylono's Repairs, Southern Trade Route near Shard, Ilithi.
>read my tick

>read my tick

>read my tick

>contact fix
>contact fix
A rather tall Elven priestess whispers, "I hear you're looking for someone to pick up your leather cowl from Ylono's place. For 150 Dokoras, I'll see what I can do."
You palm a few coins as the copper haired priestess brushes past you and takes the hand-off. The copper haired priestess whispers, "Be back shortly," then slips away with your a Ylono repair ticket.

A rather tall Elven priestess arrives several moments later, brushes close by and whispers, "Here is the cowl you wanted." The copper haired priestess slips a dusky leather cowl sculpted into a draconic visage with fire opal eyes into your hand and moves away briskly.
[Roundtime: 8 seconds]
>app my cowl
The leather cowl is light armor.

The cowl looks like it offers protection for the following areas:

head
neck
right eye
left eye

You feel certain that a dusky leather cowl sculpted into a draconic visage with fire opal eyes appears to impose light (3/15) maneuvering hindrance and insignificant (1/15) stealth hindrance, offering:
very great (10/15) protection and high (9/17) damage absorption for puncture attacks.
very high (8/15) protection and high (9/17) damage absorption for slice attacks.
great (9/15) protection and high (9/17) damage absorption for impact attacks.
good (5/15) protection and fair (5/17) damage absorption for fire attacks.
good (5/15) protection and fair (5/17) damage absorption for cold attacks.
moderate (4/15) protection and somewhat fair (4/17) damage absorption for electrical attacks.

If you were only wearing a dusky leather cowl sculpted into a draconic visage with fire opal eyes, you could expect your maneuvering to be barely hindered (1/14) and your stealth to be barely hindered (1/14).

You are certain that the leather cowl is extremely resistant to damage (15/18) and is in pristine condition (100%).

The leather cowl is moderately soft.
You are certain that the leather cowl weighs exactly 58 stones.
The leather cowl looks to be custom-made.
You estimate that the leather cowl is worth exactly 2029500 Dokoras.
Unfamiliar marks of registration are evident on the cowl.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.

Took about 2 minutes total and less than a gold. Overall, its working! Woo hoo!!! Thank you!!

~Dalkin/Jim~
Re: Repair Shops: 08/11/2021 09:19 AM CDT
>>Took about 2 minutes total and less than a gold. Overall, its working! Woo hoo!!! Thank you!!

I'm not sure what you were trying to check/test in particular, but is sending a leather cowl to the former leather repair shop confirming the thing you wanted to confirm?

When I first read what you wrote, it seemed like you might have been asking if contact fix can now send metal stuff to formerly non-metal only shops, and send non-metal stuff to formerly metal only shops.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.