Re: 25th yr of Dragonrealms 03/13/2021 10:12 AM CST

Is there a way for "played" to tell you exactly the date the very first character on your account came out of the character generator? The reason I am asking this, is because my first character walked the starry road, then came back with the same name and joined a different guild. Also, my time playing F2P on AOL dial-up before subscription seems to not be included in the total time. If it goes by actual first log in, then my time IG is not even close to that date. Since I never changed my account, but just rerolled after I walked the first time, I still can't find my real first login date. When I typed played, how can my basic start date only be last year if I was around in 1998? It should reflect an anniversary time of 22 years, instead of just 1 year, which basically blocks me from all tokens after 22 years of play. My cumulative time only shows 18 years, which proves my basic start date is incorrect.
Re: 25th yr of Dragonrealms 03/13/2021 11:14 AM CST
Credit to Zymi's player for this.. go to your account billing history page after logging into it, from the account page. Look at the very bottom, right under the search function you should see something similar.

>Billing History for PURHEART and associated accounts is available from: July, 1997 to March, 2021<

You will not see anything before that, I started at the tail end of trailblazers on all but since billing was handled by aol we do not get credit for that time period.

I have found out that if you took any sort of break/stopped paying then played & prem 11 (10?) will only show your restart date, not your account credited date.
Re: 25th yr of Dragonrealms 03/13/2021 12:52 PM CST
>>I have found out that if you took any sort of break/stopped paying then played & prem 11 (10?) will only show your restart date, not your account credited date.

Ah, thank you. That makes sense to me why I'm not seeing what I expected either. It's all good for me now that you've explained that!

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: 25th yr of Dragonrealms 03/13/2021 03:09 PM CST

Thanks to Zymi and Purheart for the hint. I see my billing history started in March of 2001, so, it shows 20 years of billing, but it does not reflect the 2.5-3 years of F2P. I did take a 1-2 yr braak several years back, so that is why I see a cumulative of 18 years instead. It would be nice if they created a reference for us to know exactly the RL date that each character originally rolled out of the character generator, even as a F2P, to get a true date of DR gameplay time, not just the paid portion.
Re: 25th yr of Dragonrealms 03/13/2021 03:38 PM CST
>>It would be nice if they created a reference for us to know exactly the RL date that each character originally rolled out of the character generator.

Would be neat if, under INFO, we got something like "First became known:" with both the IC and RL dates.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: 25th yr of Dragonrealms 03/14/2021 09:03 AM CDT

Thank you..

associated accounts is available from:
December, 1999 to March, 2021.

I found it under billing history.. MY LTB show: 201 months but I am not able to get the 15yr token.
I dont know but it feels like even tho many of us took a break there should be something to acknowledge those of us that were there when it first started. I did start later than opening, 1999. I was on MSN Game zone on AOL..lol.
Re: 25th yr of Dragonrealms 03/14/2021 11:14 AM CDT
<< I was on MSN Game zone on AOL..lol.>>

Oh my, I remember the $200.00+ AOL monthly bills. Thank goodness there's cable and and DSL with no dialing up the internet.

Bluefalcon
Re: 25th yr of Dragonrealms 03/15/2021 01:10 PM CDT

Exactly my problem. Maybe go by start date instead. The issue still remains that it is not including history as a F2P before subscription, which is a few years for some of us. I remember playing all of 1999 and my info does show that I became subbed in 2001. I should be able to get the 20 year, though it has been 23, since I recall that I joined in late 1998. Maybe go my character name and first login out of the character generator. I would think that the pin number may be related to this, though it may have changed when subbing and when it became premium.

On another note. I had a few free 1500 hours AOL preview cd's, so my dial-up was free for a very long time, then before I ran out, I subbed. I actually found an old unused cd, and it is going in my scrapbook.
Re: 25th yr of Dragonrealms 03/16/2021 01:17 PM CDT

July 97 should be the start of most people that have been playing from the AOL days.. because that was the transition to the web. Anything before that, AOL, or GEnie, were under different billing (and ridiculously more expensive lol)
Re: 25th yr of Dragonrealms 03/16/2021 01:55 PM CDT

So I am confused about the PLAYED command.

Do only the basic months count towards the tokens?
Re: 25th yr of Dragonrealms 03/16/2021 02:33 PM CDT
>> Do only the basic months count towards the tokens?

Yes. Divide basic by 12. That's what year(s) you are eligible for.

- I
Re: 25th yr of Dragonrealms 03/16/2021 05:02 PM CDT
>>Do only the basic months count towards the tokens?

I'd love to see title tokens that use premium and platinum months, but yeah, exactly what Inneth said.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: 25th yr of Dragonrealms 03/17/2021 10:43 AM CDT

played
Account Info for ACKMON:
Current Account Status: Premium
Basic Start Date: 11/20/2016
Basic Months: 191
Premium Start Date: 11/20/2020
Premium Months: 69
Platinum Start Date: --/--/

Platinum Months: 0

What am I doing wrong/missing? I read in a post from a GM that time is cumulative, therefore by my math, I have 260 months divided by 12 months per year is 21.667 years. I can only get the 15, 10 and 5 year tokens.

Asterid

Also, please remember to watch the conflicts ~Sidatura
Re: 25th yr of Dragonrealms 03/17/2021 11:04 AM CDT
>>What am I doing wrong/missing? I read in a post from a GM that time is cumulative, therefore by my math, I have 260 months divided by 12 months per year is 21.667 years. I can only get the 15, 10 and 5 year tokens.

It's cumulative basic months. In other words, you get 15 years because 191/12 = 15.9~ years. As opposed to it being based on the last time you restarted your basic account (which wouldn't qualify for 5 years on its own just yet).

Re: 25th yr of Dragonrealms 03/17/2021 11:23 AM CDT
Okay, thanks.

Asterid

Also, please remember to watch the conflicts ~Sidatura