Blipzerg Brothers Wildlife Tours - Open for Business 03/07/2013 09:48 PM CST
Orryville Blipzerg, of Blipzerg Brothers Wildlife Tours, is pleased to invite all comers to his stupendous, fantabulous wildlife tours! Fly in a Gnomish balloon high above Elanthia and see her many wonders from a safe and respectful distance.

Gasp in excitement as blood wolves track their prey! Gaze in wonder at firecats in their natural habitat! Ooh and aah over pods of dolphins! See firsthand the legendary armadillos of the mysterious isle of M'riss! Now anyone can get close -- but not too close -- to many of Elanthia's rare and majestic creatures.

The tours leave from Langenfirth (at the top of the Langenfirth Tree), travel to M'riss, and then return safely to Langenfirth again.

Fare is 50 copper lirums per circle. Fly with the Blipzerg Brothers today!

OOC:

Announcing the release of a Gnomish airship that flies between M'riss and Langenfirth. It picks up passengers here:

[Langenfirth, The Langenfirth Tree]

And here:

[Fala Inisharon, The Stooping Cypress]

Fare is 50 copper lirums per circle, each way. I hope people enjoy this release. Big thanks to GM Raesh for his help in making this thing a reality. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Melete

Re: Blipzerg Brothers Wildlife Tours - Open for Business 03/07/2013 09:50 PM CST
ah, that sounds really cool. About time gnomes did something useful :D

Blackguard Danoryiel

"Sogan udazama umbunor fau arrazoi inishatu seiremisai. (Only the fallen have nothing to despair)"
Re: Blipzerg Brothers Wildlife Tours - Open for Business 03/07/2013 09:53 PM CST
Holy crap.

A+ AWESOME

IM: Dannyboy00001111

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: Blipzerg Brothers Wildlife Tours - Open for Business 03/07/2013 09:55 PM CST
How long is a one way trip? And how long does it dock for? More than one airship going?
Re: Blipzerg Brothers Wildlife Tours - Open for Business 03/07/2013 09:58 PM CST
One way trip was about 15 minutes. The ship docks for a few minutes, though I didn't time exactly how long. Five, maybe?

- Miskton
Re: Blipzerg Brothers Wildlife Tours - Open for Business 03/07/2013 09:59 PM CST
>>How long is a one way trip? And how long does it dock for? More than one airship going?

One-way trip is about 14 minutes IIRC. It stays docked for just under four minutes.

Just one airship for now, but Orryville has plans to expand his business if it should prove popular. Probably not a ferry-style two-airship system, but maybe a ship from Hara'jaal to another destination, for instance.

Melete
Our choicest plans
have fallen through,
our airiest castles
tumbled over,
because of lines
we neatly drew
and later neatly
stumbled over.
Re: Blipzerg Brothers Wildlife Tours - Open for Business 03/07/2013 10:03 PM CST
Wow great stuff here!

- Buuwl
Re: Blipzerg Brothers Wildlife Tours - Open for Business 03/07/2013 11:11 PM CST
Yeah, seriously awesome.
Re: Blipzerg Brothers Wildlife Tours - Open for Business 03/08/2013 12:31 AM CST
>>Just one airship for now, but Orryville has plans to expand his business if it should prove popular. Probably not a ferry-style two-airship system, but maybe a ship from Hara'jaal to another destination, for instance.

How about Ratha to Crossing? Assuming making an airship would be easier than fixing the silly boats.
Re: Blipzerg Brothers Wildlife Tours - Open for Business 03/08/2013 12:37 AM CST
aesry to shard

Re: Blipzerg Brothers Wildlife Tours - Open for Business 03/08/2013 12:59 AM CST
Awesome, thank you!
Re: Blipzerg Brothers Wildlife Tours - Open for Business 03/08/2013 02:00 AM CST
>>How about Ratha to Crossing? Assuming making an airship would be easier than fixing the silly boats.

There's already Leth to FC to Ratha, which isn't all that bad.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Blipzerg Brothers Wildlife Tours - Open for Business 03/08/2013 02:07 AM CST
>>How about Ratha to Crossing? Assuming making an airship would be easier than fixing the silly boats.

>>>There's already Leth to FC to Ratha, which isn't all that bad.

Also, the Skirr isn't THAT bad if you can catch it. I've timed it at 16-18 minutes.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Blipzerg Brothers Wildlife Tours - Open for Business 03/08/2013 02:10 AM CST
>.There's already Leth to FC to Ratha, which isn't all that bad.

Requires premie, or microtrans access. Good to note, but not helpful for a large portion of the player base.

>>Also, the Skirr isn't THAT bad if you can catch it. I've timed it at 16-18 minutes.

The 2 1/2 hour interval between trips is the big nail in that coffin. Though yes, if you happen to catch it JUST as it's about to leave the dock, it isn't bad.
Re: Blipzerg Brothers Wildlife Tours - Open for Business 03/08/2013 02:50 AM CST
> Requires premie, or microtrans access.

No it doesn't. The FC pier is open to everyone.
Re: Blipzerg Brothers Wildlife Tours - Open for Business 03/08/2013 05:13 AM CST
Thats cool - Thanks

Samsaren
Re: Blipzerg Brothers Wildlife Tours - Open for Business 03/08/2013 07:13 AM CST
airships. Airships. AIRSHIPS!?

Cool.
Re: Blipzerg Brothers Wildlife Tours - Open for Business 03/08/2013 07:21 AM CST

This is awesome I'd love some type of direct transport from Riss or kersh to Ratha if possible.

- Buuwl
Re: Blipzerg Brothers Wildlife Tours - Open for Business 03/08/2013 08:07 AM CST
>>.There's already Leth to FC to Ratha, which isn't all that bad.

>Requires premie, or microtrans access. Good to note, but not helpful for a large portion of the player base.

As Illiena mentioned, anyone can use the Mammoths, the dock sites, transfer areas at all three locations is open to all.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Blipzerg Brothers Wildlife Tours - Open for Business 03/08/2013 08:21 AM CST
I would love to see something going to Hara'jaal. There is so much great climbing and swimming training there!

Dierik

The average Moon Mage doesn't have a player keen enough on lore wonkery to keep up with it. Armifer
Re: Blipzerg Brothers Wildlife Tours - Open for Business 03/08/2013 09:14 AM CST
>Also, the Skirr isn't THAT bad if you can catch it.
>>The 2 1/2 hour interval between trips is the big nail in that coffin.

Exactly. Any way you can just reduce the time docked to 5 or 10 minutes?
Re: Blipzerg Brothers Wildlife Tours - Open for Business 03/08/2013 09:47 AM CST
>>Requires premie, or microtrans access. Good to note, but not helpful for a large portion of the player base.

Nope. Anyone can take the sea mammoths. The dock of FC is open to everyone. You just can't enter FC's main strip and the hunting areas beyond.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Blipzerg Brothers Wildlife Tours - Open for Business 03/08/2013 10:07 AM CST
>You just can't enter FC's main strip and the hunting areas beyond.

Oh well, then what's the point then? If all you can do is just see the dock, what's the point of going there if you're not premium?

Isn't it just simpler to state you need to be Premium to get to FC so you don't waste any non-premium account holders time?

note: I've only been to FC one or two times (?). I don't know the layout, and have never looked at the map of the area. I have no need to.

Blackguard Danoryiel

"Sogan udazama umbunor fau arrazoi inishatu seiremisai. (Only the fallen have nothing to despair)"
Re: Blipzerg Brothers Wildlife Tours - Open for Business 03/08/2013 10:10 AM CST
The point is anyone can do the Leth to FC to Ratha trip. They just can't enter FC if they aren't premie, so it isn't a waste of time unless they thought they could get in there.

Player of: Lyathe and Saslisena
Re: Blipzerg Brothers Wildlife Tours - Open for Business 03/08/2013 10:11 AM CST
>>Oh well, then what's the point then? If all you can do is just see the dock, what's the point of going there if you're not premium?

I believe the point in leaving the dock open to everyone was to add another travel option for getting between the islands and the mainland.

>>Isn't it just simpler to state you need to be Premium to get to FC so you don't waste any non-premium account holders time?

Not if travel is their only goal, then you're helping them not waste time.
Re: Blipzerg Brothers Wildlife Tours - Open for Business 03/08/2013 10:52 AM CST
>>Oh well, then what's the point then? If all you can do is just see the dock, what's the point of going there if you're not premium?

The point comes in the context of correcting the incorrect statement of "you can't go from Leth to FC to Ratha via sea mammoth unless you're premium"

Re: Blipzerg Brothers Wildlife Tours - Open for Business 03/08/2013 10:52 AM CST

The only time Flavius has ever been to M'riss- I think- was when shards worked(I miss da shards)- and this just might be the motivation to go there. What a fun idea.
Re: Blipzerg Brothers Wildlife Tours - Open for Business 03/08/2013 10:53 AM CST
Very cool! I was in Lang last night when the announcement went out but didn't realize it was a permanent thing! Sweet!
Re: Blipzerg Brothers Wildlife Tours - Open for Business 03/08/2013 11:21 AM CST
People, you are missing the big picture!

Player made/owned airships. Boats are so 2012
Re: Blipzerg Brothers Wildlife Tours - Open for Business 03/08/2013 02:15 PM CST
>Player made/owned airships

Finally a use for all those inflatable eel skins.

You're going to get a bad reputation if you go around pinching every spectral reaper you see.
Re: Blipzerg Brothers Wildlife Tours - Open for Business 03/08/2013 04:05 PM CST
>>this just might be the motivation to go there. What a fun idea.

This.

Thanks for the great release.
Re: Blipzerg Brothers Wildlife Tours - Open for Business 03/08/2013 08:10 PM CST
That. Forget ships.

I want me a pimping gnomish airship.

With spinners.

(Butseriouslyplayerairshipswouldbecool)

Re: Blipzerg Brothers Wildlife Tours - Open for Business 03/09/2013 02:55 PM CST
Just took my first flight and I must say - very cool.

Great release, thanks for putting this together.

P.S. - Any chance of a sign or something to indicate the departure spots? Thanks!

>befriend clear all
You are now friendless.
Re: Blipzerg Brothers Wildlife Tours - Open for Business 03/10/2013 07:23 AM CDT
^