Bundles and Player Homes 02/13/2021 12:06 PM CST
I've mentioned this in other places, but I figured here I might be some type of feedback.

I understand that containers can't on the the player home surfaces, but once it's tied it shouldn't matter.

[Pucktin's Home]
Cloud white dragonwood walls and a dusty oak floor covered by a tasseled cotton rug enclose this room. In one corner lies a simple stick cot, and near the cot sits a sturdy oak table. A small firepit sits beneath a black gem pouch. The room holds a mild scent of dust.
You also see a door and an illustrated cloud white dragonwood wall with dusky swirls with several things on it.
Obvious exits: none.

>

You feel fully rested.
> tie my bundle
Once you've tied off your bundle, you can not unbundle. If you're sure, TIE the bundle again.
> tie my bundle

Using the length of the rope, you tie the bundle, forming it into a much tighter package.
> put bund on wall
You must empty the bundle first.
> untie my bund
Untie what?
>
You are still rather wet, but drying off nicely.
> untie my bundle
Untie what?
> open bund
You can't open a bundle!
(See also: BUNDLE HELP)
> l in bund
But it's tied off!
(See also: BUNDLE HELP)
> put bundle on wall
You must empty the bundle first.
Re: Bundles and Player Homes 02/13/2021 04:57 PM CST
Tied bundles are still containers, they contain one item with the value of the bundle.
Re: Bundles and Player Homes 02/13/2021 05:04 PM CST
Sorry for the double post but there is another thing about that too. If you put a bundle on a surface then put something else in the bundle you will break your house and need to assist because you've changed the item once it was attached to the home furniture. That's a problem. Same with putting picked herbs and flowers, as they decay they change and it causes all kinds of issues.
Re: Bundles and Player Homes 02/14/2021 12:27 PM CST
<i>Tied bundles are still containers, they contain one item with the value of the bundle.</i>

That's the same as a gem pouch, and you can you put those on surfaces.
Re: Bundles and Player Homes 02/14/2021 05:08 PM CST
>>That's the same as a gem pouch, and you can you put those on surfaces.

Fun fact since I just had this convo with a GM about one of those stacker vouchers.

Gem pouches don't count as two items, but tied bundles do, because a tied bundle can made from any number of rope types (so the item data on what that particular rope is has to live somewhere, making the bundle still function as a container), meanwhile the gem pouch is what it says it is the entire way through (honestly, if I had to guess, when you sell a tied gem pouch you're not getting your old pouch back as much as a brand new gem pouch item that looks exactly like the one you just sold to the NPC).

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.