Microtrans with Platinum coin prize 05/23/2020 03:35 PM CDT
The easy mode of microtrans basically cuts out the middle man so that people dont feel like they have to buy items from DR sales. Any chance that platinum coins can be something that we can purchase with our fame/bloodscrip/tickets, etc?
Re: Microtrans with Platinum coin prize 05/23/2020 05:35 PM CDT
>The easy mode of microtrans basically cuts out the middle man so that people dont feel like they have to buy items from DR sales.

>Any chance that platinum coins can be something that we can purchase with our fame/bloodscrip/tickets, etc?

Not sure what these two have to do with each other.

MT are a (real money) revenue stream for Simu. Why would they let you buy with fake money?

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: Microtrans with Platinum coin prize 05/23/2020 10:09 PM CDT
To be able to acquire fame, we have to do a microtrans event. Microtrans events cost real life money. This means that we would basically be paying simutronics (and not a third party) real money for plat.
Re: Microtrans with Platinum coin prize 05/23/2020 10:20 PM CDT
I definitely feel like it would be better for simu to get the money for plats than random third parties. we all know it happens regardless.

WoW is a great example of it. Could also be a significant plat sink if they allowed you to pay for premium with plats. (at a ridiculous rate possibly)
Re: Microtrans with Platinum coin prize 05/24/2020 06:28 AM CDT
>To be able to acquire fame, we have to do a microtrans event. Microtrans events cost real life money. This means that we would basically be paying simutronics (and not a third party) real money for plat.

If you're asking them to take plat for access to the MT, how are you paying them money for plat? That's the exact opposite of what you're asking for.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: Microtrans with Platinum coin prize 05/24/2020 07:30 AM CDT
>> If you're asking them to take plat for access to the MT, how are you paying them money for plat? That's the exact opposite of what you're asking for.

I apologize if I poorly worded what I am asking for. I am saying -perhaps poorly- that I want to give simutronics real life money for platinum coins instead of paying a third party. I really do not care how they would make such a transaction possible. I would just prefer to pay simutronics.
Re: Microtrans with Platinum coin prize 05/25/2020 03:14 AM CDT
Creating money magically (without effort being put to gain said plats, which is what selling direct plats is) causes any semblance of economy to fall apart. This is something that was discussed at length with WoW and the token system came from that because there is still the in game coin being generated by normal means and balance in order to offset the creation. It's a very slippery slope and would require some systems in place to prevent it from just making plat completely (even more so than now) useless.
Re: Microtrans with Platinum coin prize 05/25/2020 06:31 AM CDT
Let us be real. The only economy that will 'fall apart' is the player selling plats for RL money economy.

Plats are already broken. It is what happens when high level characters are traded around and scripted nonstop. We all know it happens. It is incredibly clear every time there is an auction. I mean there was literally on the sales forum someone selling 150k worth of plat. If the economy isn't already broken I don't know how much worse it can get.

Beyond that, MT events have done more to disrupt any true economy that exists. So they might as well go all the way and allow money spent on plats to go towards keeping the game running instead of profiting players.
Re: Microtrans with Platinum coin prize 05/25/2020 07:19 AM CDT
Auction items for the most part are now only bought for resale use, not IG use. You can see it when several HLC characters start the bidding at thousands of plats, even for "minor" items when the auctioneer tries starting it at say 1 copper, it just skips right past golds & low plat amounts. And majority of times its repeated so its not just happening once or twice per auction.

Tne you see that item being sold for RL money within days, not weeks, or months or even a year later (unless its being resold again).

And its not just auctions, it also applies to those "stands", dispensers, etc.

So yes, the economy of DR is already broken, how to fix it? Not sure as socalled money sinks appear to me to not be working as it just drives folks to buy coins from others. I had no issue with buying coin in WoW, both from players & finally from Blizzard when they introduced the gold exchange coin or whatever they called it (its been awhile so I've forgotten). I will admit though that I usually only go to the auctions to look at the items, rarely have I bid on an item & then it was for my characters usage not resale value.