Request: Experience boosters in the simucoin store 02/09/2017 11:47 AM CST

Click-bait title, but what I'm looking for is a way to learn that one skill that I hate to practice but love to learn without having to stop doing what I'm doing. Ideally, it would be for 3-5$, an item that I can rub until it aligns to a skill I can learn, then I wear it. Once worn, I can't remove it and rubbing it causes the aligned skill to set to 16/32. It disintegrates after 30 days, and it's worn in a location that only has 1 slot (maybe 2 for premiums).

It's not better than traditional training methods, but it's enough to keep a skill moving that is difficult, annoying, or just impractical to effectively train.
Re: Request: Experience boosters in the simucoin store 02/09/2017 03:44 PM CST
>>Shift3: Once worn, I can't remove it and rubbing it causes the aligned skill to set to 16/32. It disintegrates after 30 days, and it's worn in a location that only has 1 slot (maybe 2 for premiums). It's not better than traditional training methods, but it's enough to keep a skill moving that is difficult, annoying, or just impractical to effectively train.

If a skill is really that bad to train, the solution is to develop the skill, not sell a Band-Aid.

I really hope they never monetize the experience mechanics.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Paladin new player guide: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Paladin_new_player_guide

armor and shields: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Armor_and_shield_player_guide
Re: Request: Experience boosters in the simucoin store 02/09/2017 05:24 PM CST
>If a skill is really that bad to train, the solution is to develop the skill, not sell a Band-Aid.

My cynic says 'ha'. And that there's a fine line between monetized training boosters like Tier-X weapons and sanwhatever crystals and mana regen boosters and all the other items in the past year that 'work around' limitations.

My less cynical side says that DR content is bananas out boring for most of it. The chunks where it gets interesting require months of pointless, highly efficient, scripting. I'd love to be able to plonk down 20$ for a level 50 character to play with.
Re: Request: Experience boosters in the simucoin store 02/09/2017 06:19 PM CST

> I really hope they never monetize the experience mechanics.

They already have. Sonawret crystals, wind boards, and climbing ropes come to mind as parallells to this. They're items that exist solely to train skills, and most of these are only available through spending additional money. I'm just asking for something that's slightly less effecient that helps remove existing "work" from a game. I fully accept that some people may love to train all skills, but I'm sure everyone else has a skill they like having but hate training. It's not their skinner box. That's fine, give them another way of achieving it.
Re: Request: Experience boosters in the simucoin store 02/09/2017 07:06 PM CST

I'll just chime in to say that I agree 100% with Isharon and the distinction she's drawing. While I'm not very fond of the existence of things like climbing ropes and sanowret crystals, I think there's a clear line between them and what you're proposing, and I'd hope that line would not be crossed.