exp boosters 09/05/2016 11:29 AM CDT
So I started a f2p account to go alongside my new pay account. There is a feature in the f2p to purchase a booster to get you to subscriber exp rates as well as turn on log in experience drain. So I was thinking, if they know how to do that why not create exp boosters for normal subscriptions?

say a penny per percentage per day for standard subscriptions
25% boost $.25
50% $.50
75% $.75
100% $1.00

5x boost $10.00 per day

I know everybody is going to reject something like this, because it is unfair to someone, but thought I would throw it out there. This can be a secret thing you do on your character, similar to how it happens for f2p today. This would give folks like me, who don't have hours and hours of time to sit atk the opportunities to experience higher level game play. This also would help folks going into a new area to boost exp during that transition into a new hunting area. I know I used something like this on my second and third characters in the game neverwinter, bought exp boosters, gladly paid the money.
Re: exp boosters 09/05/2016 11:35 AM CDT

> There is a feature in the f2p to purchase a booster to get you to subscriber exp rates as well as turn on log in experience drain.

Doesn't the booster only get you to something like 80% subscriber rates?
Re: exp boosters 09/05/2016 11:38 AM CDT

Whatever it is, I guess my point is that they have the capability to do it.
Re: exp boosters 09/05/2016 11:38 AM CDT
>> So I was thinking, if they know how to do that why not create exp boosters for normal subscriptions?

Because they don't want people getting boosts for the sake of game balance/progression.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: exp boosters 09/05/2016 12:12 PM CDT
What if they were limited to characters under a certain circle?

I wouldn't buy any either way, and I'm generally against micro-transactions in general, but I wonder if it wouldn't be healthy for the game. Things like this have the potential to bring in new players, and if they restricted their usage to lower circles it wouldn't unbalance much.

Of course, what circle to limit it to would be a topic of endless debate...
Re: exp boosters 09/05/2016 12:27 PM CDT
>>I wonder if it wouldn't be healthy for the game.

From a PvE perspective, the early game content is more engaging than the late game content. I don't know if taking people past the part of the critter ladder where you can fight a new thing every 10 or so ranks (and where skill gain is a lot more closely paced) and putting them where you're fighting mob X for the next 100 ranks (slower ranks, even!) is going to make new players more engaged.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: exp boosters 09/05/2016 12:58 PM CDT
Good point, I had thought about how the exp boosters really wouldn't even be necessary early on. But that's the only way they could be implemented without breaking the game probably. Just hoping we get some fresh blood somehow I guess, certain areas of the game are ghost towns right now.