Eldrazi Invasion 01/07/2016 11:58 PM CST
Some pretty cool drops! Black steel swords, black gauntlets, and i'd been wondering where i could get Full Plate Armor to replace my light plate armor. I was strong enough to fight them while still being able to be killed by them. Great invasion! :)
Re: Eldrazi Invasion 01/08/2016 01:48 PM CST
>> Some pretty cool drops! Black steel swords, black gauntlets, and i'd been wondering where i could get Full Plate Armor to replace my light plate armor. I was strong enough to fight them while still being able to be killed by them. Great invasion! :)

Their gear is old-school. I still have a few sets of it from 2000.

TBH, it would be nice to see the most formidable enemy Elanthia has ever seen get with the times. You'd think that with all the radical advances in smithing that they would have upgraded their equipment by now.

IM: Dannyboy00001111

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: Eldrazi Invasion 01/08/2016 01:55 PM CST
>TBH, it would be nice to see the most formidable enemy Elanthia has ever seen get with the times. You'd think that with all the radical advances in smithing that they would have upgraded their equipment by now.

One trouble with the static item economy of DR is that most sources of better equipment would make crafting obsolete.

Your search-fu is pig dung!
Re: Eldrazi Invasion 01/08/2016 02:04 PM CST
>One trouble with the static item economy of DR is that most sources of better equipment would make crafting obsolete.

It's not exactly difficult to get a suit of modern full plate. And the elpazi aren't common enough to consider them 'static' armor drops.

I'm guessing the barrier is less 'bad idea' and more 'No even thought about it//no one has made time because it's such an edge case'
Re: Eldrazi Invasion 01/08/2016 02:08 PM CST

> One trouble with the static item economy of DR is that most sources of better equipment would make crafting obsolete.

While I get what you are saying I highly doubt that if their gear was updated to 3.0 store bought or even 3.0 crafted mid-carbon steel that it would be detrimental to the crafting system. It would however give the option to players to use something that they normaly would not even think twice about.

It also might make the enemies damage output go up a bit as well as upgraded armor making them a bit tougher. Just food for thought.
Re: Eldrazi Invasion 01/08/2016 02:25 PM CST
It would also make them way harder to kill.

Thayet
@thayelf // http://thayette.tumblr.com

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs
Re: Eldrazi Invasion 01/08/2016 02:39 PM CST
>> One trouble with the static item economy of DR is that most sources of better equipment would make crafting obsolete.

I don't see as a valid objection - there's this huge chasm between 'sub-par, 20 years ago' and 'average crafted, today'. Considering that we are talking about a very specific invasion critter, one with a history of prolonged conflict, I don't see any reason why these enemies couldn't, shouldn't be better equipped than goblins. If their equipment was 1 or 2 notches below crafted steel, people would still buy crafted steel. Why? The same reason people buy kertig and haralun, despite it being only marginally better.

Because it's better and money is easy to come by.

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: Eldrazi Invasion 01/08/2016 02:53 PM CST

THIS IS KUDOS, NOT COMPLAINTS.
Re: Eldrazi Invasion 01/08/2016 03:51 PM CST
Give them 80 hardness/physical gear and everyone's happy

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Eldrazi Invasion 01/08/2016 04:00 PM CST
>> THIS IS KUDOS, NOT COMPLAINTS.

Not the one going full caps. Also, it's 'Elpalzi'.

Back on topic, it's a suggestion, not a complaint, fold it up and pocket it for later if you don't like it. No reason to assume that discussions can't occasionally happen elsewhere.

Re: Eldrazi Invasion 01/08/2016 04:04 PM CST
wtb eldrazi in DR

Thayet

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs
Re: Eldrazi Invasion 01/08/2016 04:53 PM CST
There should be rare and ultra rare drops like in prison riot quests with invasions such as the elpalzi. I dug out Geva's grave and couldn't even snag anything because it was warded :(
Re: Eldrazi Invasion 01/08/2016 06:38 PM CST
Would have been hilarious if she had a cursed item in the grave that turned you into an Elpalzi mage for an hour for graverobbing her. I agree though, even if was just one item in a boss' grave; as rarely as they die it would be pretty cool to have a rare/ultra rare drop of some sort.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Eldrazi Invasion 01/08/2016 08:24 PM CST
>There should be rare and ultra rare drops like in prison riot quests with invasions such as the elpalzi. I dug out Geva's grave and couldn't even snag anything because it was warded :(

GMPCs usually(?) are graverob-able. Still have a scimitar/harness combo I looted from a Red Sash pirate officer and recall having one of Sadiaer's longbows for a while.

Nice to see large(r) scale invasions making a return. I like the player-started ones but wish they had a chance to breach town defenses.
Re: Eldrazi Invasion 01/09/2016 03:02 AM CST
had a blast with this one, not sure if many of the higher level players have fun because they murder everything so quickly, but the feel of something actually going on all over town is fun.
Re: Eldrazi Invasion 01/09/2016 04:47 AM CST
Everything seems about the right level to me for once.

The random volleys are still stupid and should contest any size shield but aside from that it's nice.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Eldrazi Invasion 01/10/2016 12:26 AM CST
Tonight was cool.

The group I was with all got a bit beat up but we all (even our Empath) still felt like we could contribute which was pretty rad.

Even got to harvest a few Elpalzi for necroscience :V <3

Thayet

Re: Eldrazi Invasion 01/18/2016 10:36 PM CST
Little late to this, but...

The veterans and mages should equip with modern gear during invasions. The deadeyes, fomenters, rebels, etc look like they have old gear. I've passed on a heads up so that we can look into it going forward.

Any spawned from organized units/companies/etc may not have updated gear. Those are a little trickier to update.

Zadraes