Demo-DR? 05/02/2009 08:59 AM CDT
I was talking to a co-worker that is into gaming and RP, trying to get him to give DR a try, and one question he had sorta gave me a bit of an inspiration.

A DR-Demo version. This would be free, would last only for a month, would maybe copy just the crossing area, you would be inserted into the game as your choice of one of 9 of the guilds <no thieves or necros- those would be restricted to actual account-holders-- as those call for more experienced players> .

You would not be able to be promoted within your guild of choice, but it would give you a taste of what the game is like, what the commands are, and so forth, also a small feel of what the different guilds are like. The HELP command would be very newbie-friendly there, many commands would be explained, etc. Puzzles, other than favors, would not be given, nor quests <such as glyphs>. Guildleaders would simply give a <that is not available in this version> if they asked for circles, etc. However, each guildleader would give an explanation of different spells, roars, dances, etc. that are available in the regular version.

I think this would make a great marketing tool.

It's a number, it gets bigger. That's the whole DR experience right there
Re: Demo-DR? 05/02/2009 09:21 AM CDT
You know there's a 30 day free trial right?

~Arwinia

The Empath spellbook is a riddle trapped in an enigma hidden inside a lot of suck.-Armifer
Re: Demo-DR? 05/02/2009 09:28 AM CDT
Yea what she said, there's a 30 day trial period, full access, go nuts.

-Landros