Our ranking is off the list. 10/29/2003 08:26 AM CST
I noticed were not even on the list now for top 20 MUD games. Thought I know we have more players than most if not all the other games on that list, we aren't even on that list now. Come on folks let's get out there and vote.

______
I died for Beauty - but was scarce
Adjusted in the Tomb
When One who died for Truth, was lain
In an adjoining Room -
- Emily Dickinson
Re: Our ranking is off the list. 10/29/2003 08:52 AM CST
I also notice someone else seems to be pumping the votes and knocked Achaea out of first again. And at the same time, soon as they lose their place their vote count jumps from the usual 200 or 300 to 2000+. They must have upped the ante on what people could have when they vote, heh.

~~~Krin
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
"Goblins ... aisle 6, Mycthengelde ... hunt smart, hunt S-Mart!"
"You whine like a mule ... you are still alive!"
Re: Our ranking is off the list. 10/29/2003 08:56 AM CST
2 Reasons jump to my mind my DR would fall off the list.

1. Customer service Issues.

2. The recent Pricing/billing debacle.

The Big Ugly One

Its all a matter of how you look at it. Some people say assassins are the elite of the elite because you never see them.. and they always win. -Dusk
Re: Our ranking is off the list. 10/29/2003 09:02 AM CST
Believe it or not I have to be appreciative of Simu.. The top choice.. Archea or whatever it is, they advertise IG reminding people to vote. To me that is an eye sore and I appreciate Simutronics not going to those lengths.

Personally, that website successfully conveys ones tactics of marketing for a vote. It has nothing to do with quality.

Daxlynn
Re: Our ranking is off the list. 10/29/2003 09:52 AM CST
I would have to say 99% of the players do not care about the dang list.

That's why simu has fallen off.

Da Not So Madd Webba

http://www.legends-end.com/Tourney/LE-DR-FBC.htm
1)Playahata (n) - One who offers truthful constructive criticism that is in opposition to popular opinion or the status quo.
Re: Our ranking is off the list. 10/29/2003 10:12 AM CST
>>Webba: I would have to say 99% of the players do not care about the dang list. That's why simu has fallen off.

I'll second that emotion.

~ Nutawa
Re: Our ranking is off the list. 10/29/2003 12:24 PM CST
Those polls mean absolutely nothing. Maybe I don't understand, but anyone who was looking for a text based RP game would not search "mud sites", unless they already knew what was up. That being the case, anything topmudsites has to offer is so far below DR, we shouldn't even have a listing on that site.

Its really an embarassment to even be competing with most of those other games.

I've tried several of them, for a month straight, and I tell you .. I wouldn't go back. Ever.
Re: Our ranking is off the list. 10/29/2003 02:11 PM CST
> I would have to say 99% of the players do not care about the dang list. That's why simu has fallen off.

Exactly. It's always been my opinion that free games and pay games should be on seperate lists, anyway. That's my justification for being lazy.

Steel.

YOU HAVE <insert ability here>!! YOU ARE OVERPOWERED!! DIE GUILD DIE!!!

It has a dragonrealms section so I can spam it! Go me!
http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/steelflash
Re: Our ranking is off the list. 12/08/2003 05:56 AM CST
You can always fall back on ya get what ya pay for.

Sorry to continue this after a month delay since the last post, but I've yet again just now come out from under my rock.

For me DR is for roleplaying games what D&D is to paper and dice, or Tolkien is to fantasy writing....the original and best. I quit gemstone (just shy of making Lord) and went into beta for DR because it appealed as more of a role playing game..no stats appearing every swing...well, no need to go on, you all know why you love DR.