Re: worried about dragonrealms 06/06/2003 12:49 AM CDT
let me put it this way Wald... read my sig.

I tried all those fancy graphic RPGs, yet I still came back here.
Re: worried about dragonrealms 06/06/2003 12:54 AM CDT
Also alot of the muds on that list cheat to get votes. They offer in game incentives to get their players to vote. The top mud gives an xp bonus for everytime an account votes, and they teach their players how to vote multiple times in a day so they can get multiple bonuses in a day.

If you'll notice, DR neither really advertises it much nor do they offer incentives for voting. At most you'll see Solomon's signature and a very small button on the front page, no where else do you find any advertisment to go vote. Why? Because despite those games having more votes then simu's games... Even Hercules and Xena boasts a larger account base then then any of the games ranked higher then Dragon realms. Which in itself says to me, if they can sustain a much larger customer base and be voted a lower ranked game, they must be doing something 10x better then the other games. And that something better is providing a quality game with a caring staff.

I tried all those fancy graphic RPGs, yet I still came back here.
Re: worried about dragonrealms 06/06/2003 08:40 AM CDT
The only reason I put in votes at TopMUDSites is to keep Dragonrealms visible to someone looking for a quality experience. As for the trashy reviews, they were written by someone who had brought his troubles down on himself so I don't consider them to be worth anything.

The mind behind Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy
Re: worried about dragonrealms 06/06/2003 04:52 PM CDT
I think what brought the vote count down was moving the button from the top of the homepage to the the botoom of the right side of the homepage. I don't always remember to vote because I don't see the button to remind me any more unless a I scroll down the page.

______
Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.
- Anais Nin
Re: worried about dragonrealms 06/06/2003 11:48 PM CDT
>I think what brought the vote count down was moving the button from the top of the homepage to the the botoom of the right side of the homepage. I don't always remember to vote because I don't see the button to remind me any more unless a I scroll down the page

Agreed
Re: worried about dragonrealms 06/07/2003 01:18 AM CDT
Definetly.

Went to vote earlier...thought they had taken the buttons down or something. ::grins::

Found them after a little hunting, tho.

-Chris

Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is...
Re: worried about dragonrealms 06/09/2003 06:17 AM CDT
<< This game is very well thought out and has had lots of years to progress. Sure, its a growing game, and it has a few niks and scratchs every now and then but what game is perfect? The person who last posted, "Gundho" or whatever has some real issues, I will tell all you people that actually READ this review, that this game isn't for some 15 year old to come in and start hack and slashing everyone. Their are rules, that sometimes seem harsh but each day their is a younger group of kids that come to play this game that lack the maturity to understand what they are playing. No, this isn't some James Bond game that you come in to kill people. You make a character and you play it as though you were in real life. If you kill someone, you think you are going to walk away not getting in trouble? That Gundho whatever guy says he got Lockedout for 2 days because the guy he sparred died from blood loss. Funny thing is, GM's know almost everything that goes on, if they are watching. So which means, he must have done something against the rule. Then cried like a baby when he got in trouble. Don't bite off more then you can chew (Or was it swallow?) whatever. =P

So enjoy the game. For anyone who reads these. Its actually a very enjoyable game. Their are LOTS and LOTS of people out ingame that will always help ya. But realize if things just seem to go wrong for ya, don't hate the game. The characters you see playing are real people too. And the real person may have had a bad day. ~.^ >>

I wrote that in the review area. Wow we got a lot of stupid people in the word who... Nvm... It was in response to this guy that wrote a review on the 6th.

<< Hey guyz. Lookz, this game has major issues... like some of the other posters said, the game has some good points, but the bad points outweight it... these are the absolute worst GMs in the world.... I mean, yanno, they play favorites, and there is no way to be on the good side... when the you know what hits the fan, you're screwed... for example, I was given a warning after a spar, because the dude I was sparring wound up dying cuz he bled to death... after he died, I guess some GM was looking and said that wasn't cool and gave me a 2 day lockout... but what the hell man? That's consent, he agreed to the spar and he fired back.... Furthermore, if you notice, some players are allowed to script, whilst others get their accounts locked for this... it's very badly done. I tell you what, this game shouldn't even be called a roleplaying game either, because nobody roleplays... it's very sad, and disappointing... best thing to do is to go play a real good graphical game like Everquest, Asheron's Call, Baldur's Gate, or a good text based mud without such a harsh staff... that's my opinion, though, and if you don't agree, that's fine... :)

By the way, I would encourage you, that if you do play this game to be very cautious... the staff has less and less patiencez, especially with new players, as well as "problem" players (players with 1 or more warnings, or who have notes on their account, from staff...) The problem is that many of our friends, doesn't get a fair shake, and wind up quitting... it's very sad... the player-base also diminishes by about 100 or 200 every year... which is sad... less people to roleplay with, more snerts left... it's a sad state of affares... oh well, that's my opinion... thank you for your time... :) >>

What an idiot... I have sparred people that I don't even know and they have bled to death. Never got in trouble for it. This dude is just pulling words outta his arse.

Understanding comes to those who have realized their true Self. Realization of their true Self comes to those who have gained understanding. BY: ME!

~Proud to finally say, Player of Geuno Krysuntaye, the Prydaen Ranger.
Re: worried about dragonrealms 06/09/2003 06:25 AM CDT
>I have sparred people that I don't even know and they have bled to death

He was abusing a bug.

If you spar someone, tend a wound and then unwrap said wound they'll most certainly die.

It IS a bug. You WILL get in trouble for (ab)using it.

>>as well as "problem" players

Well yes. Of course. There's a reason why they're called PROBLEM players.

>>the player-base also diminishes by about 100 or 200 every year.

I'd LOVE to know where he got those numbers.

I'm not even going to get into the other review. It's just sad.

-Chris

Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is...
Re: worried about dragonrealms 06/10/2003 11:59 AM CDT
It won't even let me write a review, I can't figure out how... ::mutters:: someone help me with this? I've been playing since DR started.
Re: worried about dragonrealms 06/10/2003 12:19 PM CDT
I never tried writing a review on TopMUDSites- but I have looked around a bit. It seems you need to sign up for something or other there.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy
Re: worried about dragonrealms 06/10/2003 12:25 PM CDT
Actually, just click on the info next to the game name. Then there is a link to read reviews, and another to submit a review.

Never submitted any myself, but didn't take too long for me to figure out how to get to there.

Brabs

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/FatherJarle/index.html

What's the air speed velocity of a Swallow?

African or European?