This is unacceptable. 02/01/2003 10:14 PM CST
Vote! For the love of Truffenyi, VOTE! We're being beaten by a freaking DIKU MUD!

Materia Magica(formerly known as Moongate) to be specific. I've never heard of it either, but it suddnely popped up to the #2 slot with a ton of votes. I suspect cheating, espeically since they claim to have a population in the hundreds(WOW<G>) so I'm trying to access their message boards. I'll get back to you when I can access them. First I need to get to level 2 in this agonizing game.

Steel.

A good friend is the one that bails you out of jail. A best friend is the one sitting next to you saying, "Damn that was cool, let's do that again!"
Re: This is unacceptable. 02/02/2003 07:46 AM CST
And put a darn Review in there too, there are only four of them and take about a minute or two to write.
Re: This is unacceptable. 02/02/2003 11:40 AM CST
Actually, much as I hate to say it, it's a good game. As MUD's go it's very complex and it's designed to support PVP nicely. It underwent a major rewrite a couple of years ago and it's absolutely enormous now ... I know, I wrote a lot of it. ::grin:: The guy who runs it is good people though, I don't see him bribing players to vote.
Re: This is unacceptable. 02/02/2003 05:03 PM CST
You mean we have HONEST competition now? <boggle>

Steel.

A good friend is the one that bails you out of jail. A best friend is the one sitting next to you saying, "Damn that was cool, let's do that again!"
Re: This is unacceptable. 02/15/2003 06:56 PM CST
>I know, I wrote a lot of it. ::grin:: The guy who runs it is good people though, I don't see him bribing players to vote.

I'm so laughing right now.. Because before it was ever Moongate, it had a prior name which ran on my server and I did a ton of work on it, too. Except Ryan and R0m worked together then. Actually, as I recall.. Ryan got into a heck of a mess and the Dean of <blip> College felt the need to call me.

.... the things that come up after umm 10 years and more.

This is priceless, and I'm still laughing.