Now is the time! 01/29/2003 04:48 PM CST
If you didn't read Solomon's post in GM announcements, you should. A new rule has been put into place: NO BRIBERY. Achaea's main weapon against us has been destroyed! Now is the time to dominate the top slot, now and forevermore! Now get out there and VOTE!!

Steel.
Re: Now is the time! 01/30/2003 12:04 PM CST
What happens if they still do offer rewards, but indirectly?

Drakkenn Rarenth, Toggish Minister
Re: Now is the time! 01/30/2003 12:14 PM CST
<<What happens if they still do offer rewards, but indirectly?>>

The way "around" the rule is that you CAN reward ALL players, just not individual players that vote.

From what I understand, the new "tactic" that Achaea is pulling is that if over half the players in a 24 hour period vote, they give everyone in the game a learning bonus.

I suppose if they want to compromise the integrity of their game (not to mention their own personal integrity) just to get a few points, then there's not much that can be done aside from continuing to vote legally and still beating them. ;)

Solomon

Vote for DragonRealms as the #1 MUD every day!

http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=drealms
Re: Now is the time! 01/30/2003 12:16 PM CST
Ahh, yes, thats what I was wondering. Thanks!

::votes for DR 8 million times, even though only one counts::

Re: Now is the time! 01/30/2003 02:15 PM CST
>>Bubba>>I suppose if they want to compromise the integrity of their game (not to mention their own personal integrity) just to get a few points, then there's not much that can be done aside from continuing to vote legally and still beating them. ;)

The ironic part to all of this ... is considering how trivial the standings at the website really are, Achaea is showing their lack of a grasp on reality here.

Just to rake in a few votes and thump their chest saying "we're number 1! woohoo!", they open the door to allow their players to outpace system development so within a short time (shorter than they realize) they're going to have a bunch of players griping about having nothing left to do and likely walking out the door.

They are a free game now with a small customer base ... and I don't think they're going to survive long enough to ever see a sizeable player base, nor one that would be willing to pay to play, judging from the lack of management skill on the part of the game's owner.

~~~Krin
Re: Now is the time! 01/30/2003 04:25 PM CST
Solomon,

I clicked on the vote link and it said there were 340 votes. I had a friend do it and it still said 340. I had another friend do it and it was still 340 votes.

Wonder what's up with that.

Illcram the Evil Empath

Make me rich!
http://www.coalition.fairmount.nu
Re: Now is the time! 01/30/2003 05:22 PM CST
It updates every 10 minutes, Illcram.
Re: Now is the time! 01/30/2003 09:56 PM CST
<<It updates every 10 minutes, Illcram.>>

Well, I guess that is what is up with that.

:)

Illcram the Evil Empath

Make me rich!
http://www.coalition.fairmount.nu
Re: Now is the time! 01/31/2003 03:45 PM CST
<sets homepage to solomon's link>

Steel.

A good friend is the one that bails you out of jail. A best friend is the one sitting next to you saying, "Damn that was cool, let's do that again!"
Re: Now is the time! 01/31/2003 06:39 PM CST
Its been around for....maybe 3 or four years, I would say. Since 1997, it looks like, so however long that is. It is a VERY different game than DR is. Dragonrealms is a better game, in my opinion. For one, there is a level cap to reach, 100th. Someone made it to that point very recently for the first time. Big reason: PK rules are a lot more lax than they are in DR. A major draw is the fighting of other players. They have events where you loose nothing in the fighitng of said players, so it can be purely for fun. When I first played, way the heck back when, there were two cities. Now there are....six, each one with players in positions of power. In my opinion, it really is one of the 'good' MUDs out there. Nothing can top DR though. DR has everything that Achaea has, and more. Yes, I play Achaea. I play it when DR gets dull, as it does for nearly everyone. I don't take a 'break' from DR, put my account on hold or anything like that. I play something else for a while. Then when I come back to DR after a week, a month, whatever, Im like "Holy Cow! Why did I stop!" and I go strong for another year or so. I don't think Achaea is in danger of loosing their player-base. I don't think it is ANY competition for DR what-so-ever. They still cheat on the voting, though less obviously so. That is the perogative of the leader person type. Its players are really the same types of people that play DR.