The correlation between Achaea and Chicago... 11/05/2002 07:22 PM CST
Sitting here in Ill Annoy listening to the radio reports of intimidation, campaigning at polling places, "union" members "accompanying" voters into the booths to "help" them... and da mayor dismissing it as 'UFO stories' and 'of course they're going to say that'...

First thought was how little things have changed over the decades in this unhappy state... second thought was to wonder if da mayor plays Achaea. Darned if they don't just seem to keep coming up with more and more votes from not so many people... maybe da machine has an adjunct office for da mayors' recreational activities.

Bring out yer dead... bring out a new DHCP lease... bring out yer dead...

Glenlivet
Re: The correlation between Achaea and Chicago... 11/05/2002 08:58 PM CST
Chicago sounds like Boston. Romney has already lodged a complaint regarding union officials "helping" people vote.

I can't even be indignant. All I can say is, "Well, DUH! It's MASSACHUSETTS. Public office for sale, anyone?"
Re: The correlation between Achaea and Chicago... 11/05/2002 10:08 PM CST
Ya know, I hate how every time people discuss unions, it's only to talk about the corrupt ones. It really skews peoples' perception of what unions are supposed to be about, and we get the attitude that "union fat cats" are robbing America's poor beleaguered corporations of their honest earned money.

Recent elections have showcased that there is corruption in the process, which (I hope) surprises no one, but that doesn't make all unions bad, nor does it make them the only culprits.
Re: The correlation between Achaea and Chicago... 11/05/2002 10:29 PM CST
Jeb Bush = still in office = obvious corruption = EQ

Dark Angel Crusinix
Re: The correlation between Achaea and Chicago... 11/05/2002 10:55 PM CST
Heh, good old Chicago.... "Vote early! Vote often!" ;-)

Folcwyn, former Ill and Annoyed resident
Re: The correlation between Achaea and Chicago... 11/06/2002 06:20 AM CST
<< Ya know, I hate how every time people discuss unions, it's only to talk about the corrupt ones. It really skews peoples' perception of what unions are supposed to be about, and we get the attitude that "union fat cats" are robbing America's poor beleaguered corporations of their honest earned money.

<< Recent elections have showcased that there is corruption in the process, which (I hope) surprises no one, but that doesn't make all unions bad, nor does it make them the only culprits.

The unions in chicago, to include teachers, teamsters, 'school workers', 'city employees' and often fire and police, have a long and well earned rep for doing what they did. This year police and fire sold out due to threats/promises from the AG candidates father (speaker of the state house). When it comes to IL, and chicago, I'd be delighted and surprised to hear of any significant union not involved with the machine and its shennanigans.

To be fair, there is no evidence that the unions are in any way involved with the voting acrobatics employed by Achaea! There, how's that? :)

Glenlivet
Re: The correlation between Achaea and Chicago... 11/06/2002 12:46 PM CST
I've deleted my previous message becuase it's now well off-topic. I've taken it to This'N'That.
Nudge Nudge Re: The correlation between Achaea and Chicago... 11/06/2002 11:37 PM CST
::blink blink:: Babbles... How did we get onto topics about unions and elections and fat cats and all that?

Let's all remember the subject description --

"In the Lion's Den

Is DR being discussed on forums other than our own? Share alerts, updates, information, and concerns about DR being in the spotlight here."

Poke Poke, this folder is about DragonRealms being discussed on other forums. Please stay on track peoples.

If you have comments or questions on the above,please dont hesitate to email me at DR-Cecco@play.net

Cecco
- Message Boards Supervisor, DragonRealms
Re: Nudge Nudge Re: The correlation between Achaea and Chicago... 11/07/2002 06:05 PM CST
Cecco,
sorry; there had been discussion about the voting stats re: DR vs. Achaea in this topic... I just found the correlation between their rather startling vote count acceleration and the time tested and still continuing efforts of the chicago machine and its allies; it was really more intended to be a reflection on Achaea and its player's methods than anything else. I apologize for the diversion it caused.

Glenlivet, repentent Paladin