Ticked off 10/25/2002 08:26 AM CDT
Whoa, what did you guys do to tick this Ms. Fletcher off? I did the vote thing this morning and decided to read some of the reviews for DR. There were some good ones and some bad ones, then there are are like three or four really negative ones of them from Ms. Fletcher. Anyway we all have problems with DR just like we have problems with our family, we may say we hate them but would be really pained to lose them. Keep up the good work, I think that there has been more advance in DR under it current administration than anytime before, from this nobody I just put out a thanks to all those that volunteer on the game.

Van-

"Ooooooh she was a bard. Kind of like postal workers those bards."

-dread
Re: Ticked off 10/25/2002 09:47 AM CDT
>"Ooooooh she was a bard. Kind of like postal workers those bards."

Hush up! We're not postal!

I do wonder who she played, though. I'll have to ask around. One of the benefits of a small, close-knit guild is that someone probably knows. Go Bards for being nosy! :P

Espritia
Re: Ticked off 10/25/2002 01:27 PM CDT
> "Ooooooh she was a bard. Kind of like postal workers those bards."

Hey! I resemble that remark! Neither rain nor snow shall stop me from making my appointed rounds, so set one up, barkeep! Oh, wait....that's not what you meant, is it?

Dashery - Plat Bard and Loving It

p.s. But now that you mention it, "Going bardic!" does have a nice wring to it....
Re: Ticked off 10/25/2002 04:13 PM CDT
Heehee, I know who it is, but I ain't saying. ;) She has every right to post that sort of review from her personal treatment and situation related to Simutronics. Maybe it won't be ignored or blown off for once.

Tahra, player of Tashya
Re: Ticked off 10/25/2002 05:16 PM CDT
<<Heehee, I know who it is, but I ain't saying. ;) She has every right to post that sort of review from her personal treatment and situation related to Simutronics. Maybe it won't be ignored or blown off for once.

Why is it that people feel the need to make a statement, claiming it to be fact, but then say they will not provide the facts that support the statement? The sky is pink but I'm not telling you why you think it is blue.

Sylvado
Re: Ticked off 10/25/2002 05:19 PM CDT
Withholding info is the best way to be "ignored" and "blown off"

Toren
Re: Ticked off 10/25/2002 05:20 PM CDT
In regards to this person, every time she posted about it, her posts were yanked. So don't whine about the sky being pink.

Tashya
Re: Ticked off 10/25/2002 05:36 PM CDT
<<In regards to this person, every time she posted about it, her posts were yanked. So don't whine about the sky being pink.>>

That does nothing but further substantiate that this person does not know the proper channels through which to address her concerns or complaints.

Solomon

Vote for DragonRealms as the #1 MUD every day!

http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=drealms
Re: Ticked off 10/25/2002 05:38 PM CDT
<<So don't whine about the sky being pink.

It is because I said it is, I do not need to explain why.

Sylvado
Re: Ticked off 10/25/2002 06:46 PM CDT
The sky isn't pink OR blue, it is puce. And I know why, but I ain't tellin, hehe!
Re: Ticked off 10/25/2002 07:05 PM CDT
>>It is because I said it is, I do not need to explain why.

That sounds so "Taming of the Shrew". <grins>

As for what Solomon said, the person in question told me that when she emailed Customer Service and Feedback, no one tried to resolve the issue. Then she brought it to the boards.

Its a moot point really, you folks lost a customer who had multiple accounts and characters. So what do you care, eh? Its well within her rights to post a review of a game she played for many years, and the experiences she had with the staff and systems. Of course, the customer is always wrong to the PR department here, it seems.

I am merely pointing out that its not all roses and ponies in the world of Elanthia, regardless of how people spin doctor things. Unlike the person in question, I know that posting my opinion on the board merely pisses of the GM's and makes me feel better. It doesn't really affect the way things are.
Re: Ticked off 10/25/2002 07:15 PM CDT
> I am merely pointing out that its not all roses and ponies in the world of Elanthia, regardless of how people spin doctor things.

The funny thing about spin doctoring things is that if one side can spin doctor, so can the other. Usually the truth is somewhere in the middle, eh? In any case, posting doesn't always just piss the GMs off, or fail to change things. Posting in a hostile/aggressive/unfriendly manner, however, usually does. I've seen a great many customer suggestions come to light, and seen quite a few nixed with a polite, logical explanation of why they can't/shouldn't be done. When it comes right down to it, you can't please everyone all the time; in fact, you can't usually please more than a small fraction of the population at any given time. With that understood, which portion are you going to try to please? The portion that treats you respectfully, or the portion that jumps down your throat?
Re: Ticked off 10/25/2002 08:02 PM CDT
<<no one tried to resolve the issue>>

No one tried to resolve it, or no one gave the answer she wanted? Two different situations entirely, often both of them get confused. They are not interchangable.

Solomon

Vote for DragonRealms as the #1 MUD every day!

http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=drealms
Re: Ticked off 10/25/2002 09:01 PM CDT
>> Its well within her rights to post a review of a game she played for many years, and the experiences she had with the staff and systems. Of course, the customer is always wrong to the PR department here, it seems.

She didn't say anything specific. She came across as just another hothead. For all I know she died, departed, and wanted the coins in her pocket returned, or bought a character that wasn't delivered and wanted simu to give it to her.

Her "review" was about as useful as saying "I like/don't like" this game. In fact, that she was paying so much and yet DR willingly let her go rather than compromise their rules says a lot for their integrity.

Dellica
Re: Ticked off 10/26/2002 12:35 AM CDT
>>No one tried to resolve it, or no one gave the answer she wanted? Two different situations entirely, often both of them get confused. They are not interchangable.

>>Solomon

You've been to business partners training havn't you?

working as a supervisor purely for the purposes of pissed off people in the buisness banking world... you have just said the thing I say FAR too many times a day

Player of Ravanos
And that guy on the phone that is tired of explaining why we charged for that! ;)
Re: Ticked off 10/26/2002 12:46 AM CDT
>>No one tried to resolve it, or no one gave the answer she wanted? Two different situations entirely, often both of them get confused. They are not interchangable.

I understand the difference, and said what I meant. Doesn't really matter now though. I'm sure if you emailed her thru the review at TopMUDs you could get more details, if you care to do so.

Tahra, player of Tashya
Re: Ticked off 10/29/2002 02:30 PM CST
I read this person's review, and she got everything wrong, except that a basic subscription is $12.95. A large part of her gripe seems to be that GMs are not paid. Well, that's nice of her to advocate for GM wages, but I sense that she just does not know what she's talking about. That feeling is reinforced with her gripe about game development. She must be crazy to claim that there has been a "lack of development"! This is totally contrary to the other whiners who claim that the game has changed TOO MUCH recently! Which malcontented whiner am I supposed to listen to?!

But since a random person I don't know has backed up without specifics the accusation of poor treatment, I feel that I am forced to quit in protest! (this thread, not the game)
Re: Ticked off 10/29/2002 02:35 PM CST
Her comment about lack of development is specific to the Bard guild - at least that's how I read it. Even the GMs don't argue disagree with the state of Bard development - they're just working to change the fact.
Re: Ticked off 10/29/2002 05:13 PM CST
How could anyone say anything bad about DR? I felt guilty giving it only a '9'.

And, yeah, Asirew is me. Wish I could change my name in DR...

Steel.