NUM 1 10/18/2002 03:21 AM CDT
well guess who was number 1 on that mud thing, yup dr heh but that game is in the leadin again for new poll
Re: NUM 1 10/19/2002 08:15 PM CDT
Whats funny now is that once again we lead them after only a day or two of a new voting cycle, all of Simus 5 games listed are in the top 15 or so.

BUT.... I did pop over to Archaeas site or whatever it is, while they no longer claim to be #1 on TMS they claim to be #1 game at Gamers.com. Well, gamers.com is a ziffdavis site, the group that publishes game magazine among other things.

I was looking to see where they could have come up with that claim, specially as a free mud, which makes it highly unlikely they pay any advertising fees to ZD. Yet we get or used to get free subscriptions to one of Zds mags (I havent received mine in over a yr now since I didnt renew with them when they wanted me too)

Oh well, that site makes my eyes ache and my modem choke, maybe Solomon or someone on staff can look into it??

Just a suggestion
Re: NUM 1 10/19/2002 08:22 PM CDT
They must have ramped up their incentives, as they've managed to come back from like a 60 vote deficit this morning to take the lead. I find myself wondering how many votes they generated per cycle before we entered the list and gave them some competition. :)
Re: NUM 1 10/20/2002 05:35 PM CDT
So I did a search for Archaea on Gamers.com where they claim to be the number 1 game at here is there results.

Search Results

No soup for you! You must have entered something pretty obscure to get absolutely no results! Try broadening the topic or searching for something related. You'll find something yet!

Re: NUM 1 10/20/2002 06:28 PM CDT
>>So I did a search for Archaea on Gamers.com where they claim to be the number 1 game at here is there results.

Try searching for Achaea, since that is the actual name. There is a bunch of stuff that comes up on http://www.gamers.com when you search for Achaea.

Marty
Re: NUM 1 10/20/2002 08:15 PM CDT

Try searching for Achaea, since that is the actual name. There is a bunch of stuff that comes up on [click here to follow this link] when you search for Achaea.

Marty

Well, even doing that it only comes up with 1 title hit and 8 keyword hits...none of which are anything by the Gamers.com staff, but merely links to the Achaea website for information about the game - not a single review or anything saying that they're #anything on Gamers.com.

Can't say as I'm all that surprised to find that out though.

Me.
Re: NUM 1 10/22/2002 01:16 PM CDT
There were reviews, I dunno where you guys were looking. Wasn't like it was rated very good, but there were reviews. It was the link closest to the top once you searched for Achaea.

Toren
Re: NUM 1 10/22/2002 05:16 PM CDT
Yeah I finally spelled it right and found the reviews as well... Seems alot of people think it was at one point in time good but the admin got money hungry and they dislike the game now.
Re: NUM 1 10/22/2002 11:34 PM CDT

There were reviews, I dunno where you guys were looking. Wasn't like it was rated very good, but there were reviews. It was the link closest to the top once you searched for Achaea.

Toren

Oh, I saw the reviews.but they were all from outside sources (ie. players/staff of Achaea) not any official "#1 Game!" from the website itself, which is what I was looking for in particular. But I wasn't really surprised to NOT find anything of that sort, given their past claims. It's also one of the many reasons I stopped playing the game and came here full time.

Me.
Re: NUM 1 10/23/2002 02:53 AM CDT
Hey if any of you are out in NYC, go to the corner where they film TRL and hold up a sign that says, "Dragonrealms is #1!" Then, when you get shown on MTV, Simu can go around quoting MTV as saying, "Dragonrealms is #1!" by Achaea's logic, anyway. <g>
Re: NUM 1 10/23/2002 04:38 PM CDT
Oooo, good idea! Or you could do it for, what is it...Good Morning America! Have a whole bunch of people with a big giant banner go up to the window and hold it up there and then we can say that....CBS? NBC? Whatever that big company that does Good Morning America has said DR is number 1!
Re: NUM 1 10/23/2002 05:01 PM CDT
Ahh, you meant an official review, then no, I didn't see one g

Toren
Re: NUM 1 10/23/2002 09:48 PM CDT
Those reviews are rather entertaining, nonetheless. Especially when they conflict with the bribed reviews.

Steel.