We're the Alabama of Simutronics :( 10/03/2002 12:59 PM CDT
Heh, does anyone else know how much Modus jokes about Dragonrealms?

There are lists of "You might be a DR player if.." and some ifs are "If you wear ten lines of fluff" and "if your name is StarringMoonSkye" and "if you have gaugy crystal staves", the last one being a bash on the listmaker himself, who has a staff with a giant crystal ball at the end. :)

Along with that, there's actually a store in the game called "Freaks" or something, that has DR fluff in it. Spidersilk items and the like :P
Re: We're the Alabama of Simutronics :( 10/03/2002 01:15 PM CDT
Oh, please.

Modus is jealous - I can't even begin to count how many of their players have come over here to stay. Including me.

I think I can guess the GM who made that "freaks" shop, and I believe she likes DR.

I think they redesigned their skills system to mimic ours, while still maintainig their own unique tropical flavor. What is it they say? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Espritia

What's the size of Modus' player base again? And what's their idea of RP?
Re: We're the Alabama of Simutronics :( 10/03/2002 02:32 PM CDT
>>And what's their [MO's] idea of RP?

Isn't it draping elegantly against a man while wearing skin-tight gold clothes? I'm pretty sure that was in there somewhere...

- Shavay.
"Go to Simucon, be a prop for a MO person. Hey, it's not as bad as it sounds."
Re: We're the Alabama of Simutronics :( 10/03/2002 04:06 PM CDT
Then they do LARP too. Solomon knows about this. Hence the infamous "makout with the Modus chicks" photos.

Espritia
Re: We're the Alabama of Simutronics :( 10/03/2002 11:31 PM CDT
<<Hence the infamous "makout with the Modus chicks" photos.

Ooh... you all should see the multiple shots I have. Even have one of Solomon stri....

Majebrad
Re: We're the Alabama of Simutronics :( 10/04/2002 06:08 AM CDT
>>Ooh... you all should see the multiple shots I have. Even have one of Solomon stri....

Did I hear someone mention the word ::looks around once and lowers his voice:: blackmail? <g>
Re: We're the Alabama of Simutronics :( 10/04/2002 10:03 AM CDT
Can't do that. I'll be at Simucon (97% sure) this year. If I get in the same situation I'd rather be teased about it then blackmailed. ::grins::

Majebrad
Re: We're the Alabama of Simutronics :( 10/04/2002 06:25 PM CDT
Arrighty! stuffing shark gizzards in every piehold dat dont be yapping their fishlips bout advertizin! Liek I sed afor no yappin bout daks, purty ladies and how they drape or stuff like dat. Dun be making me do it..deeze gizzards been festerin in da hold fer a sennight...

Iffn ya got a kweschun den see da Bosun, me.

Cecco
- Boards Bosun