The thread formerly known as so far: 09/28/2002 04:29 AM CDT
I got sick of seeing so far, so I posted soemthing else hehe.... We are starting to slowly close ground on Achaea... need to pump up our votes now... maybe if we were to start adverstising on the yahoogroups as players?
Re: The thread formerly known as so far: 09/28/2002 04:20 PM CDT
"It is a CvC world, not a Character aganst Monster world, which bored me to tears."

There are some of these types I'd be happy to see leave DR and take up in a more appropriate realm.

Then maybe I would not have to fend off those who think DR is a dating service...

Then no more... parry jab... suspend script... no thanks I don't wanna have a drink with ya... esc... draw slice.
Re: The thread formerly known as so far: 09/29/2002 05:01 AM CDT
Yeah! I was looking today...we 'are' closing in on Achaea. Keep voting! We've made up hundreds of votes worth of deficit on em. I have a feeling that when the votes are reset here in a week or so that we're going to blast right by em.

Also...I've yet to find the voting button on the MUD website itself that counts the 'out' votes. I can't find it! :D

Bris
Re: The thread formerly known as so far: 09/29/2002 05:11 AM CDT
>Also...I've yet to find the voting button on the MUD website itself that counts the 'out' votes. I can't find it! :D

Click on the word "Dragonrealms" on the list. It'll open the DR play.net page and count as an out vote.

Incidentially, everybody should be doing that, too, whenever they vote...

Qreyq
Re: The thread formerly known as so far: 09/29/2002 09:33 AM CDT
We probably closed the lead like we did because Achaea was having some super-de-duper issues. So nobody could get to the game itself, much less the website, heh. And I wouldn't say that everyone should hit the 'out' link. I would much rather look at that and say 'Hey, 14 bazillion people have come to check out DR. Excellent!' than 'Hey, 14 bazillion DR users went to the site. Woohoo.'
Re: The thread formerly known as so far: 09/29/2002 12:52 PM CDT
>>We probably closed the lead like we did because Achaea was having some super-de-duper issues. So nobody could get to the game itself, much less the website, heh. And I wouldn't say that everyone should hit the 'out' link. I would much rather look at that and say 'Hey, 14 bazillion people have come to check out DR. Excellent!' than 'Hey, 14 bazillion DR users went to the site. Woohoo.'

Yeah, I wanna see how many people actually found DR interesting enough to look at it, not how many people voted for it... twice. Out votes don't count as far as being #1.

--Shon
Re: The thread formerly known as so far: 10/02/2002 12:51 PM CDT
YAHOO!!!! We're closing in!!!

Achaea - 5114

Dragon Realms - 4962

Keep it up folks. I get vote at home and work (heh).

Woodcubb of Illithi
Re: The thread formerly known as so far: 10/02/2002 02:21 PM CDT
>>>>Keep it up folks. I get vote at home and work (heh).<<<<

archaea can stack the votes all they want...got 4 computers here and use every one to vote everyday...even the silly 90Mhz dinosaur i have here...dont work for much but it sure votes like a champ!!

Izzit
Re: The thread formerly known as so far: 10/02/2002 02:45 PM CDT
Maybe in our description it should say something like 'Try DragonRealms! It isn't the number one game of all games that refuse to lower themselves to offer in-game incentives to vote for nothing!' ;)
Re: The thread formerly known as so far: 10/02/2002 02:47 PM CDT
We're near 100 away from #1 :)
Re: The thread formerly known as so far: 10/02/2002 02:52 PM CDT
The polls are supposed to get reset tonight. ::grin::
Re: The thread formerly known as so far: 10/02/2002 03:00 PM CDT
>>The polls are supposed to get reset tonight. ::grin::

From TMS:
Votes will be reset on 10-17-02 4:05pm

:P
Re: The thread formerly known as so far: 10/02/2002 03:01 PM CDT
Oh wait, that part of the site is broken. It's constantly giving the current day +15. Blarg :P
Re: The thread formerly known as so far: 10/02/2002 03:11 PM CDT
The TMS admin stated that one way or another the polls will reset tonight... Then we'll see how well Archaea fairs against DR and Gemstone
Re: The thread formerly known as so far: 10/02/2002 03:12 PM CDT
Perhaps some sort of in game announcement that is In character to and event could be formed around it to get everyone to vote tonight eh? Would be funny as hell for DR to have 1000 votes on the first day <snickers> Let them Archaea peeps catch up to that!
Re: The thread formerly known as so far: 10/02/2002 03:20 PM CDT
<<Votes will be reset on 10-17-02 4:05pm>>

:P yourself.

It's broken. It's simply showing 15 days from NOW, not 15 days from the last reset.

Per the webmaster, it should reset tonight. If it doesn't, he'll fix the bug.
Re: The thread formerly known as so far: 10/02/2002 04:43 PM CDT
Well maye Simu can get all 5 in the top twenty before the reset. It is getting close.

Sylvado
Re: The thread formerly known as so far: 10/02/2002 09:21 PM CDT
As announced in one of the other related folders, DR is #1, as of a few minutes ago when I voted.

But only by 2 votes at that time. 41 for DR, 39 for Achea.

~Kyn
Re: The thread formerly known as so far: 10/02/2002 09:50 PM CDT
DR is quickly pulling away from Achaea already hehe.
Re: The thread formerly known as so far: 10/03/2002 06:03 PM CDT
Just to let you know, Solomon, DR is on top of the list now, and one of those votes is mine, and will continue to be as long as you keep that button on the simu/dr website. ;-)

GO DRAGONREALMS!

- Fervius