So far... 09/24/2002 12:15 PM CDT
All I know about are the forums on TopMUDsites.

Occasionally, someone will mention us in the Games Forums on Something Awful (apparently we have a few players who are goons).
Re: So far... 09/24/2002 12:17 PM CDT
Make more folders Solomon, I'm outta posts to read!
Re: So far... 09/24/2002 01:00 PM CDT
Just a little while ago I talked with a player who usually plays Achaea. She loves it here but is not certain she'll be able to stay after her 30 days are up due to limitted funds.

I would say that even if Dragonrealms never takes the top slot at the TopMUD sites just getting the name out is having an effect.

The mind behind Ryeka and the brood
Re: So far... 09/24/2002 03:37 PM CDT
Thyn name comes up constantly in Eaxia...

Dark Angel Crusinix

"turncoats are those who buy a swade coat only to turn it inside out when it snows"
Re: So far... 09/24/2002 03:40 PM CDT
<<Thyn name comes up constantly in Eaxia...>>

We won't get into why THAT happens.

::snort::

Solomon

Vote for DragonRealms as the #1 MUD every day!

http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=drealms
Re: So far... 09/24/2002 06:13 PM CDT
>>We won't get into why THAT happens.

well, You wanted to know what boards DR comes up on. (c:

ask not, know not.

Dark Angel Crusinix

has voted 2 times

Re: So far... 09/25/2002 02:05 AM CDT
Achaea gets a bit over 300 players at peak hours. DR ALWAYS has more than that.
Re: So far... 09/25/2002 02:16 AM CDT
>>Achaea gets a bit over 300 players at peak hours. DR ALWAYS has more than that.

Yet Achaea has over 2600 votes.. :P
Re: So far... 09/25/2002 10:27 AM CDT
Because the head Imm is giving a blessing of sorts (something like 10% more exp and 10% less damage or something) per vote. So people are voting like mad just to take advantage of that. And this is a fact. I hate the game, but I still have friends there and log in to read the notes and say hi now and then.

I dislike Achaea and the person that runs it, very much. So don't even get me started on it chuckle

M.C.
Re: So far... 09/25/2002 12:48 PM CDT
>>Achaea gets a bit over 300 players at peak hours.<<

I remember in the middle of the night one time, DR having only 298 players once.

Once.
Re: So far... 09/25/2002 06:34 PM CDT
Hehe, I remember logging in right after a crash and typing who and seeing that there were 7 players online! Hee!

It quickly filled back up again, though, of course :>

Bravo on putting the buttons on the message board page! Too bad you can't put them in the FE somewhere unobtrusive ::chortles::

Or better yet, add a "vote DR" verb that would open the web page :>

--Shon
Re: So far... 09/25/2002 11:57 PM CDT
I remember when DR had 30 people ingame during prime time. Of course, that was during Beta on GEnie. :D
Re: So far... 09/26/2002 04:47 PM CDT
>>Because the head Imm is giving a blessing of sorts (something like 10% more exp and 10% less damage or something) per vote.<<

Imagine the type of votes if everyone who voted got an hour of enhanced learning, similiar to what was given on coming to the Web from AOL. Anyone say 10,000+ in 15 days?

Then again, I look at it as adding up GS3 and DR for a more accurate portrayal of votes right now.
Re: So far... 09/26/2002 07:06 PM CDT
I am still more amused that DR, the smaller player base, is still beating GS3 by a significant number of votes.

~Kyn
Re: So far... 09/27/2002 12:17 AM CDT
>>I am still more amused that DR, the smaller player base, is still beating GS3 by a significant number of votes.

Hmm, you forget of the TF difference as far as DR goes. It makes a bit of a difference in the total (unless, of course, there's a GemStone: The Fallen that I don't know).

Oh, and on a random note, when did the name get shortened to DragonRealms from Gemstone: DragonRealms? Or is it still Gemstone: DragonRealms, and that the Gemstone part is never used?

~Meta, player of Remyn, Until the End of Time
Re: So far... 09/27/2002 10:17 AM CDT
I remember logging into the game in the middle of the night and be lucky if there was anyone else and if there was, you never saw them.

Arctuniol
Re: So far... 09/27/2002 11:59 AM CDT
>Hmm, you forget of the TF difference as far as DR goes.

DR:TF has its own ranking. It's currently number 72 with 12 votes in and 8 out. 2 of those in votes are mine. Go Fallen!

Player of Linras Cauldrath
Re: So far... 09/27/2002 12:46 PM CDT
>(unless, of course, there's a GemStone: The Fallen that I don't know)

The idea's there, but it hasn't been implemented. And it will be called 'Gemstone: Shattered' or something like that.

M.C.
Re: So far... 09/27/2002 03:04 PM CDT
>>DR:TF has its own ranking. It's currently number 72 with 12 votes in and 8 out.<<

What does the "in" and "out" voting thing refer to? I tried to find it explained somewhere on the website, but couldn't.

Lathaliu's Player
Re: So far... 09/27/2002 03:14 PM CDT
IN shows how many people have clicked into the sight through the vote button for that game.

OUT shows how many folks have left top mudsites via the DR link.

Zel
Re: So far... 09/27/2002 04:52 PM CDT
>>IN shows how many people have clicked into the sight through the vote button for that game.

OUT shows how many folks have left top mudsites via the DR link.

Zel <<

Ah, thanks! So, "In" is number of votes, and the "out" button shows the number of people that have been basically checking out the link to the game.

So..one more question...does the number reflect the total per week/month/since the site began or what?

Lathaliu's Player
Re: So far... 09/27/2002 06:33 PM CDT
Correct me if I am wrong - like I really believe people here wouldn't :)

It seems we have begun to close the gap on Achaea's lead, and oddly the "#1" claim on their blurb has gone missing.

Lagerby
Re: So far... 09/27/2002 07:37 PM CDT
>>It seems we have begun to close the gap on Achaea's lead, and oddly the "#1" claim on their blurb has gone missing.

Probably because they realized that we realized that they had to be cheating.

Kind of undermines your credibility as a good game when you claim thousands of voted when you only have a few hundred players.

~Starsha
Re: So far... 09/27/2002 07:47 PM CDT
They're down to a 353 vote lead! Bwahahahahahahahaha... ha. Yeah.

Anyway... Vote people! :D

And I say everyone who thinks DR: The Fallen is a better came should, at least for now, vote for DragonRealms anyway... in fact why is there even a seperate listing? Just hurts our chances to collectivally be #1 <G>

--Shon
Re: So far... 09/27/2002 10:31 PM CDT
<<in fact why is there even a seperate listing? Just hurts our chances to collectivally be #1 <G>

--Shon >>

Solomon posted on the TF boards that he had made it after someone asked.

Primarly because its a totally and completely diffrent game then Dragonrealms: Prime/Plat (other then sharing the mechanics, but politically, survivability, etc)

Irrad
Re: So far... 09/27/2002 11:34 PM CDT
I GUESS..... I always just looked at it as a PVP server, but whatever :>

I just hope they don't make one for Plat now too... guh. We'll get less votes overall if they're divided between all the servers.

--Shon
Re: So far... 09/28/2002 12:20 AM CDT
<< I just hope they don't make one for Plat now too... guh. We'll get less votes overall if they're divided between all the servers.

<< --Shon

Well, I for one would still for Prime, as well as for Plat. I primarily play in Plat (have since it began) but still jump in on Prime once in a while...I like both instances of the game really.

Me.
Re: So far... 09/28/2002 01:06 AM CDT
>> I would say that even if Dragonrealms never takes the top slot at the TopMUD sites just getting the name out is having an effect.

Hush your mouth! We ARE number 1 and our listing will reflect it eventually, we just have to keep hitting that button every time we can.

Dellica
Re: So far... 09/28/2002 03:46 AM CDT
Lets see..I played Achaea for 4 days, 8 logins, just over 30 hours played total. In that time, I recieved 8 messages upon login about voting, and the reward for it, 2 messages per day on the Guild Net, Atleast 2 messages a day from people who were helping me get around in the game, and a handful of random messages about it from people I ran in to. Thats ALOT of messages for such a short time frame. And yes, Ive already given up that game, it really has nothing to keep my interest. It is a CvC world, not a Character aganst Monster world, which bored me to tears, especially when theres all of 100 people on when you play. You main income is from Rats(you sell the carcasses) in the cities. Its not worth the effort, because its impossible to be a strong character, without buying the credits, and thats just not going to work for me. The people are very nice, the Guilds are interesting(I WANT DRUIDS!), the abilities are nice as far as they go, but the game just isnt what I want.

Canten