Spring Hiring round? 05/10/2011 07:41 PM CDT
Looking back at last year, I see there was a hiring round at about this time... Is there going to be one this year?

I had spoken with Audacia about it a while ago. I know she is/was in charge of the hiring process, and I'm wondering if it will still happen in her transition.

I'm specifically interested in the development GM role.
Re: Spring Hiring round? 05/10/2011 10:32 PM CDT
>Looking back at last year, I see there was a hiring round at about this time... Is there going to be one this year?

There will be another hiring round this year, but I cant say for sure yet when that will be -- Not until after Simucon at the very soonest, and more likely September or October.

There will be more info posted here when we get closer and determine a schedule.

~ Lyneya
Fall Hiring 'Round 08/20/2011 10:50 PM CDT
We're going to be looking at applications for a fall hiring 'round. At this time I'm still evaluating what all we need but we're definitely in need of Wedding Team candidates and this group will likely be all or mostly CE positions. Stay tuned for upcoming info -- but no matter where your interests lie, I encourage you to get your apps in now so you'll have a shot at this 'round.

SGM Riel Mystsong,
CE Team Leader
Re: Fall Hiring 'Round 08/21/2011 11:31 PM CDT
Please take my application into consideration for any and all available positions. Thank you.
Re: Fall Hiring 'Round 08/23/2011 02:19 PM CDT
If you haven't filled out all the apps and tests, please be sure to do so! We have need of several GameMaster Apprentices, especially for Weddings and Shifts teams. Hurry and get that paperwork in! :)

SGM Riel Mystsong,
CE Team Leader
Re: Fall Hiring 'Round 12/28/2011 10:11 AM CST
I know I am probably too late for this 'round, but where would I find an application? I have a solid background in programming, writing, and editing and would like to fill one out.

krw37811
Re: Fall Hiring 'Round 12/28/2011 11:36 AM CST
Found under Info->More...->DragonRealms Staff :)

http://www.play.net/dr/apply/apply.asp

---
Inauri
Re: Fall Hiring 'Round 01/14/2012 02:32 AM CST
I recall reading somewhere that GSL? was a good thing to have if you wished to assist with development related work, where would find information/resources related to this particular language ?

Thanks
Re: Fall Hiring 'Round 01/14/2012 03:30 AM CST
Tis a proprietary Simutronics coding language, so only if you get hired. I've heard it is similar to like tag based languages in the past though.

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-
Re: Fall Hiring 'Round 01/14/2012 11:55 PM CST
People who are hired for development positions (or who wish to cross-train in other positions) are taught how to use GSL. All of our most productive systems GMs have professional backgrounds as programmers, but it is not required. I'm an example of a systems GMs with no computer science background.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas