Hiring GameHosts! 03/14/2010 05:25 PM CDT
Hi all!

Just a heads up that I will be looking at GameHost applications over the next few days. I will only be looking at applications dated later than January 1, 2010.

If you have an application on file with us but have not updated it DURING THIS CALENDAR YEAR, please take a moment to visit your application and put a note on it that says you are still interested in the position!

Thanks!
~ Lyneya ~
GameHost Team Lead
Re: Hiring GameHosts! 03/14/2010 06:02 PM CDT
everytime I look at those its so looong -__-

i could swear if i ever finish them its like 20 pages of content, did everyone who applied really fill everything out?
Re: Hiring GameHosts! 03/14/2010 10:08 PM CDT
>i could swear if i ever finish them its like 20 pages of content, did everyone who applied really fill everything out?

If you can't be bothered to fill out the application, I don't think you'd get very far as an actual GM...
Re: Hiring GameHosts! 03/14/2010 10:12 PM CDT
meh, its more that no other application seem to cover as much stuff from asking you the story for the event you'd run, how it'd play out... the background for the guild you'd make.. areas that you'd build with puzzles.. full item descriptions etc. and IIRC everything was stated to be "up to 2000 words" and I'm like, okay, if i don't type out at least 1200 words for each of these I'm gonna feel like i'm just screwing around.

Its the kinda stuff that once/if I'd put serious thought to it I'd want to see it through rather than leave them unfinished.
Re: Hiring GameHosts! 03/15/2010 07:13 AM CDT
>>meh, its more that no other application seem to cover as much stuff from asking you the story for the event you'd run, how it'd play out... the background for the guild you'd make.. areas that you'd build with puzzles.. full item descriptions etc.

For what it's worth, I believe you're describing the GM app, not the GH app.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Hiring GameHosts! 03/15/2010 04:28 PM CDT
>For what it's worth, I believe you're describing the GM app, not the GH app.

Yes I believe you're right. I probably got overwhelmed by the GM app and never actually took a peek at the others, and I generally don't like leave things unfinished before moving onto others.

I was out of the country for half a year so kinda just left it, and just recently remembered about it and looked it up.
Re: Hiring GameHosts! 03/15/2010 10:33 PM CDT
I made the GM and the GH apps .. the GM app, especially the CE one, is brutal. But it's supposed to be to test your mettle! Kind of like a ninja test. Or something.

Besides, its FUN!!!!!

SGM Audacia

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Re: Hiring GameHosts! 03/15/2010 10:41 PM CDT
>>But it's supposed to be to test your mettle! Kind of like a ninja test. Or something.

Because the purpose of a GameHost is to flip out and kill people.
Or something.

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

Faerie tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know dragons exist. Faerie tales tell children that dragons can be killed.
- G.K. Chesterton
Re: Hiring GameHosts! 03/15/2010 11:15 PM CDT
>Because the purpose of a GameHost is to flip out and kill people.

No No NO.. That is the purpose of a GameMaster!!! Hosts are actually nice, mostly.

Senior GameMaster Audacia.... Who promises not to flip out and kill you ... today. :-) (Mostly)

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Re: Hiring GameHosts! 03/15/2010 11:15 PM CDT
GHs are pure evil, don't let her lie to you.

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM

Rev. Reene

>poke eyes
You can't poke the Eyes of the Thirteen.
Re: Hiring GameHosts! 03/15/2010 11:31 PM CDT
while we have a GM talking about applications, what exactly does the shifts team do? I remember seeing information about it but last i checked the apps i couldn't find it.