Lute - another problem 10/25/2021 11:50 AM CDT

I'm a bard and I'm trying to play a song, but no matter what I choose, I get a message saying:

Are you sure that's the right instrument?

What am I doing wrong?
Re: Lute - another problem 10/25/2021 12:00 PM CDT

To be precise, this is the command I'm using:

play scales off-key on lute
Re: Lute - another problem 10/25/2021 12:33 PM CDT
>>What am I doing wrong?

Try using "my lute" versus just "lute," there may be an object in the room you're unintentionally attempting to interact with.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Lute - another problem 10/25/2021 12:46 PM CDT

It still doesn't work
Re: Lute - another problem 10/25/2021 01:51 PM CDT
> play scales off-key on lute <

Try--> play scale off lute or play scale off on lute

ie. play scal off whist
You effortlessly begin some off-key scales on your bone whistle, your heart swelling in pride at your hard-earned skill.
Re: Lute - another problem 10/25/2021 04:11 PM CDT
Depending on how new your are to DR, I believe that there's an in-game CHATTER command for folks who may be having trouble with certain mechanics/systems/etc. You might get some faster responses there!

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Lute - another problem 10/25/2021 05:19 PM CDT
Might need a pick for a lute?
More info on instruments: https://elanthipedia.play.net/Instruments
Re: Lute - another problem 10/26/2021 07:07 AM CDT
What Sortik suggested. Also, if you're holding the lute, you could just try play scales off-key. The Play command will default to the instrument you're holding: I found that out while running up a hundred or so performance ranks.

Good luck!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Lute - another problem 10/28/2021 09:23 PM CDT
We have a very active discord which might make it easier for you get questions answered.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Discord

Here is a link that explains how to join.

- Felicini