Rumour has it 04/28/2019 12:37 PM CDT
that someone asked a question about hiring or the application process at the Estate Holder meeting.

Here's some info on how to throw your hat into the ring, if you're interested.

1. Fill out the main application page.
2. Fill out tests appropriate to what you're interested in. If you want to be a CE GM, there's a test for that. If you want to be a DEV GM, there are 2 tests to choose from (or fill out both - you will not get dinged for too much information!) Mentors and GameHosts have a test each, as well.

From there, what you're waiting for is critical mass. We hire in groups. We want to bring at least 3-5 people up at a time for GMs. If someone is applying for Mentor or GameHost, we'll hire in smaller groups - even one, if you've filled out the whole application and test and you meet the other requirements!

When it comes time to reviewing applications, here are some things that matter.

1. Is your application completely filled out? Given that this is our first indication of the care you'd take if hired for the position, we do notice things like major typos and grammar issues. (None of us is perfect at typing and grammar all the time - but we do TRY to make sure that the words we put into our text-based game represent us well. Spell-checkers, word-counters, and grammar editors are awesome!)
2. Did you do the tests? Again, this is our first chance at seeing how much effort you put into follow-through, so make yourself stand out by completing everything that's required!
3. When I review your account, is there evidence of community-building and respect, or the opposite? This doesn't mean you have to be dreaming of BunnyRealms - but are you, the person behind the character, careful to respect the people behind the other characters you're interacting with?
4. When I ask the home office to check your account links, are you closely linked to people whose account history shows the opposite of community-building and respect? Did you forget to mention accounts where the characters behave differently from the characters on the account or accounts you DID mention?
5. When I ask folks currently on staff what they know of you, are they going to tell me that you're someone they want to work with? Are they going to mention that time they noticed you helping someone out? Or are they going to mention the things you've done that weren't quite bad/risque/OOC enough to get you a warning, but put you on the radar as someone who is likely to need careful monitoring?

If you've filled out an application, but not the tests, go back and fill them out! Complete applications do stand out. :)

Hopefully this info proves helpful!

Iocanthe
Doing stuff