Hiring for May 04/06/2016 09:09 PM CDT
Greetings and salutations,

Our planned December group for GM training unfortunately got pushed back and we are now looking forward to training a new group in May. This is your final call to get in applications or update them if you wish to be considered for the upcoming group.

Further, we have redefined our needs a bit, and will be hiring for two teams.

1) Customer Experience: Events
An Events GM is a CE GM that, fittingly, has a focus on running events. This includes both free events (such as the Lyras war) and paid events (such as Duskruin).

2) Development: Dev Events
A new category we're training for is the Dev Event GM. These are developers who will be expected to focus on providing developmental support for both free and paid events. This is a fairly comprehensive position that'll require training in GSL as well as many other aspects of Development (area writing, quest treasure creation, creature creation, etc). You will play with all the tools and probably won't get bored.

In both cases, we are discussing their primary focus and work requirement. No GM is stuck doing only what they are assigned to and we encourage cross-training as their interests and schedule allows. That is to say, if an Event GM wants to write a spell or a Dev Event GM wants to build a new non-event area, those are totally fine passtimes they will be permitted to engage in, assuming their primary obligations are being met. This is the case for all GM positions, I just felt it necessary to clarify for prospective GMs.

If you have any questions, I will be around to answer them.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: Hiring for May 04/07/2016 12:15 PM CDT
My account hasn't been active for the entirety of the preceding 6 months. Should I withdraw my application or am I still open for consideration?
Re: Hiring for May 04/07/2016 01:04 PM CDT
I preface this by saying I am not on the hiring team and my words should not be taken as gospel on this topic.

I have always understood the six month requirement to exist because they want to make sure you're familiar with recent changes, events, releases, et al, and have established an account record that reflects you behind the character.

That said, I would suggest that you keep your application in. We really need more staff.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Hiring for May 04/07/2016 01:09 PM CDT
Case by case basis. An interruption in service isn't an automatic disqualification (for example, I had a brief outage the six months before my start as a GM, due to an expired credit card), but we do want to see that you have a committed interest in DragonRealms.

In either case, no need to withdraw the application. If it's an issue we'll simply save it for next time.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: Hiring for May 04/07/2016 03:12 PM CDT
My application is still sitting there (I believe).

-Dartellum Waddle

Vote for DR: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Hiring for May 04/07/2016 05:42 PM CDT
They don't go away, you should be able to go to the application itself and make any updates or changes, as they remain on file. Or should, unless gnomes have eaten it...

~Evike
Re: Hiring for May 04/07/2016 07:58 PM CDT
burp
Re: Hiring for May 04/07/2016 10:06 PM CDT
Needs a little salt! ;)

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Hiring for May 04/23/2016 10:11 PM CDT

Will quizzes not being completed mean the application doesn't go through(I remember something being said on the subject of completing quizzes a round or two ago of hiring)?
I had an application that I didn't realize I missed a quiz, went back and made sure everything was finished.