Mentor Application 01/28/2014 12:28 PM CST

Quite some time ago I submitted an application to be a Mentor. Closer to a year ago I think. I am interested in being a mentor, I already unofficially help out new adventurers. Is there any information available as to what is going on with my application?
Re: Mentor Application 01/28/2014 01:28 PM CST
I did the same thing, probably about the same time, at least it seems like it was over a year ago. Never heard anything. Wondering what's up.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Mentor Application 01/28/2014 02:30 PM CST
From my experience, I don't think they really get back in touch with you unless they're set to offer you training. That doesn't mean they don't think you'd be a good mentor, just that the training cohort was filled by other candidates.

If you're still interested in mentoring, it might not hurt to reapply now and/or when they say they're looking for a new cohort of mentors. As far as I understand it, you're not creating a duplicate entry as much as updating the one you already submitted and getting it to the top of the pile (which can show you're still interested, too).

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Mentor Application 01/28/2014 05:21 PM CST
Ya, I'd recommend resubmitting every 6 months or so, if you're still interested.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Mentor Application 01/29/2014 08:39 AM CST
I'm not sure what your saying with the training part. For instance from what I see there are no Thief mentors. I don't see everything but it seems that way.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Mentor Application 01/29/2014 10:08 AM CST
>>I'm not sure what your saying with the training part.

Mentors get trained on how to be a mentor. The people in charge of training mentors can only handle training X many people at a time. It's similar to how GMs get trained, ALAE people get trained, etc.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Mentor Application 06/05/2014 11:55 PM CDT
I have also been wondering about my application submitted a couple months ago. I don't worry about it since people tend to just walk up and ask Sylv stuff anyway. Its getting around, I think, that a newbie can walk into the Apostle's HQ and ask him for help. I've taken to hanging in the courtyard there and pretending to be the 'wise gnome on the mountain'. Actually 'wise gnome on the mountain' is Sylvaeus' entire retirement plan. I hear its a good gig. :p