Sad News 01/07/2008 03:33 PM CST
This is probably the part of my job I hate the most and I wish I never had to do it.

I just wanted to let you all know that one of our family members, Pat Rogers, is in the hospital in Richmond, Virginia. Pat was GM Mroce and Smyrn. Her PC was Myrta, the Cleric and she was also a Mentor for quite a long time.

Shortly after she left staff in 2005, she was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and, after having undergone chemo and radiation, they recently found that the Cancer has spread into her bones and brain. In short, she is terminal and they have stopped life extending treatment. Her doctors are guessing she has about two weeks left.

According to her son, she is drifting in and out of consciousness and when she is alert, she is calm about her situation.

For those that remember Pat/Mroce/Smyrn/Myrta, or for those who'd simply like to drop her a card, here's the information I can give you. I hate to say it, but please, if you're going to send something, don't put it off.

Patricia Rogers
Henrico Doctor's Hospital
7700 East Parham Road
Richmond, VA 23294

:(

Solomon

"Beat me, whip me, maintain my mindstate at sub-optimal levels!"
http://www.myspace.com/simutronicsdragonrealms
Re: Sad News 01/07/2008 04:02 PM CST
Thank you for letting us know.
Re: Sad News 01/07/2008 07:11 PM CST
This is sad news, indeed. Some of my fondest memories in DR are of writing articles and attending staff meetings for Waerd Aev with Mroce.

--David (Jolebin Swordstaff, Elemancer of Riverhaven)
Re: Sad News 01/08/2008 06:36 AM CST
:(
Re: Sad News 01/09/2008 06:09 AM CST
We were sorry to read that she is losing this battle.

We were blessed to meet Mroce in-game on numerous occasions. She impressed us with her unpretentious method of both communicating and interacting. We recognized her as one of those individuals whose demeanor reveals a great love of life, whose warm personality touches people's hearts and whose creative spirit lives to be expressed. She gave us laughter with her quick wit and her special brand of greeting. Her presence, her energy, her caring, the love she poured into everything she did for us and the game will remain amongst our fondest of fond memories.

Dahaun and Tramin
Re: Sad News 01/10/2008 03:11 AM CST
Myrta was one of the first people I met here in Elanthia. I still can't go below 5 favors without hearing her voice in my head saying the price for a raise was to keep 5 favors and do 5 nice things for other people. This loss saddens me more than I can speak and my thoughts and prayers are with her son.

Dyminica