There comes a time... 10/12/2007 02:55 PM CDT
Hello my friends,

It is with my deepest regrets that I announce that I am resigning from the Office Staff of Simutronics effective October 31, 2007. The primary reason I have chosen to part ways from the office is to relocate my family closer to my wife's family in Arizona to start the next stage of our lives.

Simutronics, and in particular GemStone III/IV, has been part of my life since January 1996 when I first found the portal into Elanthia and this community. Almost 12 years have passed and I have yet to regret a single day or decision I've made, either as a player or a member of staff.

I have been a member of staff since I was officially hired as GameHost Silvaran back in March of 1999. Prior to my departure, I was the 5th longest tenure member of staff outside of such highly regarded members of staff like SGMs Warden and Isten, as well as, FGMs Andraste and Modrian. I have never held a single interaction against any of you regardless of how many times we may have agreed or disagreed. It doesn?t matter if it was helping players in GemStone III as a GameHost, handling referrals as a GameMaster, or for the past 6+ years, addressing your Feedback concerns (DragonRealms and GemStone III/IV) as Feedback Coordinator Antavian or Billing Representative Gary.

I plan to stay around and get back into playing the games with more frequency than I did as a staff member and it's possible that I may stay on in a diminished capacity as a GameMaster for GemStone IV, though this is not something I have decided as of yet.

To the friends...No, that isn't quite right. To the family that I've had the honor of sharing these past 11+ years with, I thank you all for your caring and loving support. Whether you are a member of staff (past, present or future) or one of the many players I've enjoyed interacting with throughout the years, you all have had a significant impact in the life of my family.

So, without making this any longer than it needs to be...Thank you and best wishes to you all.

Sincerely,

Simu-Gary
GameHost/Sage/GameMaster Silvaran (For GemStone IV)
Simutronics Feedback Coordinator Antavian
Re: There comes a time... 10/12/2007 03:05 PM CDT
Wow....

Antavian/Gary,

Words can't express the loss there will be without you in the DR/simutronics/Gemstone family. Not gonna be the same being able to pick up the phone just to bug you on the other end when calling Billing, or writing to feedback. Thanks for everything just doesn't put into words the work you've done.

Gonna miss seeing you log into Platinum at least twice a week.

Best Wishes from me and my family, to you and yours. And good luck in what another staff member says, In the land of Cactuseseseses.

A player of many, the least favorite of all.
Re: There comes a time... 10/12/2007 04:21 PM CDT
Wow, that is sudden.

I'm sorry to see you go, Gary. You were a lot of fun to talk with even when I was asking to get something fixed. Take care of yourself, and if you should decide to drop into Plat some time there is a certain gnome who would love to give you a ride on her boat!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: There comes a time... 10/12/2007 09:25 PM CDT
That's an incredible run.

I hope this move is good for you and your family.

I can't say how much I appreciate the effort made to make this game fun and enjoyable for us all.

Thank you
Re: There comes a time... 10/22/2007 10:43 PM CDT
A little late but I just wanted to wish the best to you and your family. Thank you for fixing Bambina's tattoo all those years ago, and it was great working on that project with you over the summer.

Patti