Prev_page Previous 1
Vaschon 10/11/2004 05:46 PM CDT
Vaschon you were in my opinion the best thing to happen to DR and especially TF. The most fun in the game was when one of your events was taking place, or you were interacting with us as either an NPC or yourself. It really sucks that you are gone and DR will be a much gloomier place without you. Those of us in TF will never forget you. Your fangs have marked a lot of us :) At least I will still have the doll on those nights when I'm really missing you. Much <3 always.

-Zymira and Skylar and their player Tanya.

http://home.earthlink.net/~snowfair/fallenempaths/
Re: Vaschon 10/11/2004 05:58 PM CDT
There is also a goodbye note from Vaschon over in the Social Folder, Goodbyes...

He listed the GMPC's he's given life too, the man was out of control with the RP'ing!

And, yes, his leaving will definately leave a gap in the Events team that will be daunting to fill...

Kythryn
Re: Vaschon 10/11/2004 05:59 PM CDT
Vaschon, I have absolutely no idea what to say. In the sea of whatever that DR has become alikened to, you were a shining beacon of insanity.

I've never interacted with a GM as both casual and professionaly creative as you, nor have I ever been rewarded an alteration for singing the refrain of eye of the tiger by anyone else.

Your visits to TF in the time I knew you were always a blast, and I'm sad that I joined the game over there as late as I did, I'm sure prior you had even more fun with all of us.

Thank you for the fun and putting a sense of humor on the dystopia DR is slowly becoming. It was always a rebellion against the prozium when you were around.

-renkxil
Re: Goodbye from Vaschon 10/11/2004 06:03 PM CDT
Thank you Vaschon/Nick for helping paint the world more vividly. It was an honor to get the opportunity to watch you in action with any of the GMPCs you ran be it trying or killing my characters or just interacting with them. I don't know how to describe how you managed to run so many characters at once with very, very few errors in switching back and forth.. It was elite though. ;)

Seeing your characters on for hours on end and wanting to give others opportunities to interact with your characters was amazing. The amount of hours you had invested is just insane and I'm positive a number of players have really enjoyed all the time and energy you had committed into Elanthia.

You also were a strong presence on the boards to communicate with and I want to thank you for helping understand the players' needs on many levels.

- Ruffles

"The fire burns bright from within."
Re: Vaschon 10/11/2004 06:05 PM CDT
<<I've never interacted with a GM as both casual and professionaly creative as you, nor have I ever been rewarded an alteration for singing the refrain of eye of the tiger by anyone else.>>

LOL! You too? I got my gaping chaotic fissure (originally a backpack) for singing Monty Python's Philosopher's Song, it's one of the things I cherished most in TF.

On a more serious note, Vaschon will definitely be missed. I multiplay quite a bit -- Vaschon's ability to maintain multiple threads with individual characters boggled the mind. Not to mention all the delightful little mini-events that seemed to follow a certain war mage (not me) ... truly a gifted entertainer.

Gizella
Re: Goodbye from Vaschon 10/11/2004 06:08 PM CDT
I really enjoyed all you did for us. May you prosper at all you accomplish.

Trebber
Re: Goodbye from Vaschon 10/11/2004 06:09 PM CDT
Vaschon/Nick- I will miss you enormously. You were a wondeful inspiration to me and to many. The events you created for our enjoyment were untouchable. I am extremely sad and angered with how it was all handled and the lack of understanding and judgement of some. I wish you well in all you do, and my heart is with you. (massive mammoth hugs)

Smegul says, "A mammoth would kill you quickly"
Ketrianna says to Smegul, "I would die with a smile on my face though..for least trying."
A bar maid murmurs,"What a lovely way to die,"
Kinneth whistles a merry tune.

Farewell to Vaschon 10/11/2004 06:12 PM CDT
I am truly at a loss for what to say. Fot those who know me that is really saying something. I have just spent the last few weeks taking care of the various things necessary to get Vidumavi back into game to hear that the only GM on the upper level left to be worth anything is leaving.

With the mass of players and staff alike that have left DR in the last six months the structure of a character concept like Vidumavi's is in question and I am given to wonder if I can play him at all. Considering the fact that the command structure (what or who that happens to be) has allowed this to go on without any response what so ever sends a clear message to role players like me that our presence in DR isn't desired. To be sure, there are the other RPers out there that I will always enjoy playing with, and to whom I owe a debt to do so, but without a political structure for a character like Vid to exist he becomes an anomaly or anachronism.

It is truly a shame that the potential for roleplay that I saw when I first started playing Vid would be so carelessly uprooted and cast aside with no more attention that one would have to stepping on a piece of gum.

I have some thinking to do.

--Tim (the player of Vidumavi)
Re: Vaschon 10/11/2004 06:13 PM CDT
Thank you Vaschon for all your hard work and dedication towards making our game thrive and grow.

The Player of Sassy, and many others.
Re: Farewell to Vaschon 10/11/2004 06:26 PM CDT
>>>I have some thinking to do.<<<

Me too.

---Brett
Re: Vaschon 10/11/2004 06:31 PM CDT
Vaschon,

I'm happy for you! While it's a very sad day for DR players it's a very good day for you.

All the energy and time you spent on promoting and enriching a Simu product can now be spent on enriching your own life.

To the managment all I can say is.. never mind I will have to say it on the TF boards.

The X-Sassy - who no longer contributes to the Simu coffers.

Deborah Mack
www.pajamajournal.com
Vaschon 10/11/2004 06:57 PM CDT
Come back!

We've been missing you over in fallen and were hoping to see you around again!

Will never forget the empath manipulation quest with the "Shhhh do you hear that?!"

And not to mention your unforgettable bites!

If it wasn't for you Snowfire would still be fighting the fiend in the manor to this day!

I'm not the greatest with words to express how much I and others will miss you but it seems others are at a loss for words too. Your leaving is a bit of a shock as was unexpected

Snow
Re: Vaschon 10/11/2004 07:19 PM CDT
Wow, I am almost afraid from going to the DR homepage now, because it seems everytime I look a new GM left.Vaschonm you were an amazingly talented, and dedicated GM.If you were really let go, then it's one of the biggest mistakes Simu ever made. Best of luck to you in whatever you do.You will be missed by many, but never forgotten.

"Zero Tolerance for Zero Intelligence."

"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit" --Vice The Blue Rogue
Re: Vaschon 10/11/2004 07:47 PM CDT
Farewell Vaschon, you were and are simply an astounding and remarkable RP'er and GM.

Perhaps one day politics will shift in parties, and you can come play with us again. :smile:

Be well

>Motarra

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Morganae asks, "Will NO one rid me of this pestilential squat and repellent creature?"

Morganae directs a frosty glare at Jourok.

* Jourok has been crystallized!
Re: Vaschon 10/11/2004 08:16 PM CDT
Vaschon,

You were simply amazing. The level to which you played every character or NPC was astounding, and the fact that you could do so many at one time was incredible. Wyren was my favorite NPC ever, and I immensely enjoyed every minute I got to interact. I agree with everyone else here in that Events in DR just took a nosedive. However, I wish you the best in future endeavors. I'm sure you will do well. Good luck bud, and thank you again for all the hard work.

~Curi et al

"Don't drink and park. Accidents make people."
Re: Goodbye from Vaschon 10/11/2004 08:17 PM CDT
>>I am extremely sad and angered with how it was all handled and the lack of understanding and judgement of some.

Someone care to shoot an IM to DrCuri or an email to play.net address sometime. I'd like to know what happened. Sorry to derail from the goodbye's but I'm curious. Thanks
~Curi
Re: Vaschon 10/11/2004 08:52 PM CDT
Now that the tears have been wiped away..
I'd just like to agree with all that has been said already,Vaschon was no IS, an amazing GM one that was able to bring out so many emotions in alot of people myself included,I will miss him a great deal. I can't even imagine DR without him, He is a master of multi-tasking when it comes to this game.He has never ceased to amaze or impress me.Things just won't be the same without him. I just cant say enough about the man he was/is a true inspiration to very many people.

<3 Vaschon

~Scandi~

P.S Dear Simu,That wasnt very neighborly of yas.
Re: Vaschon 10/11/2004 09:05 PM CDT
>This is a great loss. Vaschon was/is amazing. According to his post by Brett he missed a deadline. I wish you would consider in extending it longer. It is quite clear to me that the majority of the player population is taking this hard. He was an asset and whatever problems arised from this I am sure could be worked out.

Please get him back.. : (

/Agree /agree /agree /aggree

After carefully gauging the distance to Maelshyve, you lash out at her!
The piercing screech of tortured air assaults your ears, punctuated by a sharp CRACK!!
Don't be a fool!
Roundtime: 1 second.
Goodbye Vaschon 10/11/2004 09:06 PM CDT
A goodbye from another who appreciated your many characters, Vaschon, and knew the hours you put into them, not to mention your dexterity in handling several at one time! Although most of my interaction, alas, was through the gweth and snippets others had with you, your flair was greatly enjoyed.

Have a rest, restore, and go enjoy other pastures with the same enthusiasm and ability.

Kithria and player
Re: Vaschon 10/11/2004 09:09 PM CDT
This will be the only thing I'm going to say here:

<<According to his post by Brett he missed a deadline. I wish you would consider in extending it longer. It is quite clear to me that the majority of the player population is taking this hard.>>

Missing a single deadline will never ever have a result like this.

That being said, this folder is about goodbyes and thank yous to departing staff members, so please limit the content of your posts to those topics.

It would be unfortunate to have a perfectly good heartfelt farewell hidden because of some potshots.

Solomon

What's going on?
http://www.livejournal.com/~drbubba

Re: Vaschon 10/11/2004 09:49 PM CDT
<<<Missing a single deadline will never ever have a result like this.>>>

That reminds me of the time Brighda told everyone at en Empath meeting that she had never and will never give an empath a shock scar as a form of punishment.

http://home.earthlink.net/~snowfair/fallenempaths/
Re: Vaschon 10/11/2004 10:18 PM CDT
G'bye Vaschon, and good luck. I only met you briefly, but you were tons of fun in TF. Whatever youre doing now, I hope youre having fun.

Sanya

I was taking a walk in the park when this post said I stole its purse. I tried to get away, but it just kept on coming. So I had to beat it to death with this purse I found.
-MOD-ILEDEMUS

Re: Goodbye Vaschon 10/11/2004 10:24 PM CDT
I too will add my good bye to Vaschon, you were a great GM, your ability to play multi characters was fantastic. I hope that some day you will be able to come back, until then I wish you luck and happiness.

There is more I can say, but I have to becareful so that my words don't end up being 'bitter'. I'm sad and depressed about Vaschons 'leaving', yes there are many GM's and many of them do truly tremendous jobs, some we never even know about. Event wise though Vaschon is one of the few I have had the chance and pleasure of interacting closely with, I will truly miss that. I doubt I will ever have the chance again and I thank you for the chance you gave me.

Ruatha
p.s. Can we be told now what Grishnok did with our heads? No, I do not want mine back it would be to rank by now...

The plaintive voice of one of the last survivors says, "They told me this was a good way to meet girlssssss..........."

http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=drealms
Re: Goodbye Vaschon 10/11/2004 11:02 PM CDT
Goodbye Vaschon. Makes me sad to see another good Gm go away, especially under the dubious circumstances. I hope you find good luck in your other endeavors, and pray you bring such great roleplaying to wherever you go from here.

~~From Hell

"Then look for me by moonlight,
Watch for me by moonlight,
I'll come to thee by moonlight, though hell should bar the way."- Alfred Noyes
Salute Vaschon 10/11/2004 11:10 PM CDT

Welp after counting to 1000, killing a few rather hard critters in the game, I have cooled off enough to post a goodbye that won't be pulled.

First off I want to say that the entire Event team, those still present, and those that have left, should be applauded for the effort put in for the Outcast war. As far as intensity goes, it beat the Gorbesh and the Sorrow wars by far. As far as length and total encounters, Gorbesh and Sorrow were not even close. Sorrow was longer time wise only because it dragged on for so long in the middle due to a critical GM having left.

That being said, whether you approved of the ending or disapproved does not really matter. What matters was the effort that was put forth. For that I say bravo.

No such intense event can be done by one person. To single out one person kind of gives the impression that the rest of the team did not matter. That is not what I wish to do with this Salute.

However I do wish to Salute the efforts of the one that is no longer with the DragonRealms staff.

When you decide how you are going to spend your dollars for entertainment every month, each person makes choices. How much do you spend on going out to dinner? How much do you spend on videos, or going to the movies? Should I save up more money for that new car or computer?

GM Vaschon made this a no choice for me. I wanted to spend my $40 a month to be entertained here in DragonRealms. And Vaschon delivered.

I will miss many things about what Vaschon brought to the game with his characters. Many of those characters were key characters so I expect they will be played by another GM. And that GM will have some huge shoes to fill.

But there will be some differences. So I will state what I will miss about the characters that were...and hope that most of them will return.

I will miss Wyren probably most of all. He was without a doubt the perfect comic relief villian. It would have been interesting to have seen him and Zoranyl become friends again.

I will miss Vorclaf's way with the people. How he maintained himself as a ruler, yet gave everyone he spoke to a personal moment.

I will miss seeing Jomay's ending. She was a true villian and I looked forward to see her end.

And again perhaps this will be picked up by someone else, but it will be different.

I will miss Jourok's bumbling and his stinky parrot Cleetus. Jourok being iced to death by Morganae was the funniest thing I have seen in years.

And I find it the height of irony that five years ago we were denied the ending of the Velmix saga...and now again we will be denied that ending. I would really like to see what happens with that.

But perhaps now we never will, as way to many events seem to end. Or rather not end, but be left forever in limbo with the participants disappointed and wondering what could have been.

DragonRealms to me has always been about being entertained. I enjoy the events. I enjoy the role-playing. Always have, and hopefully always will. That is why I spend my dollars here.

I have no doubt that the Event team will continue to deliver.

However, whoever picks up these roles, if anyone does, will have some very huge shoes to fill.

Vaschon / Nick you will be missed.

~ Salute ~

Candidus, and player behind the mind of

PS. Whoever is responsible for this decision should seriously reconsider.
Re: Salute Vaschon 10/12/2004 12:01 AM CDT
>>>PS. Whoever is responsible for this decision should seriously reconsider.

Sorry, Candidus. But I think this one is out of the realm of begging and pleading, not to mention reconsidering. Not saying anything on the boards, but it sounds like something permanent and irreversable from the whispers in the wind. Check your sources.

Vaschon, you will be missed. While my characters rarely had the chance to directly interact with you and yours, what few times there were, I believe them to be some of the most fun times I've had roleplaying in DR.

I'd be more eloquent here, but I'll let the other people continue their praises.

May the wind be at your back.

Amagaim and Daerri; the player of,

Those destined to die greet you
Take your sword
And dance, dance, dance, dance!
Dance the dance of death!
--- Das Ich, Kain und Abel (translation)
Re: Salute Vaschon 10/12/2004 08:02 AM CDT
When I first heard the news, I thought son of a

Then I thought I should post my well wishes.

Then I thought Vaschon will not be able to read these posts and then son of a

Then I realized that someone will pass along all of these well wishes for us.

I'm not surprised. Vaschon took some time off (a long time off). Maelona did the same thing. She even said I'm not gone for good. Just need a break.

Different case here but it does has some similarities.

So, at this time I would like to say "Goodbye Rigby. You have been an awesome GM and have contributed much to the game. I hope you succeed in all that you accomplish and know that DR will be a darker place without you around."

Trebber
Re: Salute Vaschon 10/12/2004 08:41 AM CDT
<<So, at this time I would like to say "Goodbye Rigby.
Trebber

Ouch you just made my head spin! Or you saying in your own way Vaschon is Rigby? If so that is one rumor (fact or fiction) I never ever heard before. Memories hazzy but I think I recall Vaschon use to play a moderatly known Thief years back.

So am I misreading your post or why do you say goodbuy Rigby in a goodbuy to Vaschon post?

"Voodo keyboard hex made me type this way!"
Re: Salute Vaschon 10/12/2004 08:52 AM CDT
>>> So am I misreading your post or why do you say goodbuy Rigby in a goodbuy to Vaschon post?

Because Rigby has been slowly but surely been either taking a leave of absence or, even if he is active, keeping a very low presence on the boards?

Just like Maelona, and now Vaschon.

He's getting it out of the way ahead of time to beat the rush.

Amagaim; the player of,

Those destined to die greet you
Take your sword
And dance, dance, dance, dance!
Dance the dance of death!
--- Das Ich, Kain und Abel (translation)
Re: Salute Vaschon 10/12/2004 09:54 AM CDT
You know.. Vaschon is probably the only other GameMaster working on events next to Meriel and the GameMasters of the 1996-1997 era (You know who you are) that I waste the brain cells remembering.

I posted a goodbye over in that social folder, but I want to leave one here as well... V, if you are even bothering reading this, I hope you know that despite the fact I complained a bit to you and about some of your actions, it was only because I appreciated everything -ELSE- you did.

I don't know where you got the idea that we disapproved of the war, your handling of it, or anything else, bit its a heaping pile of horse dung. Those of us who were interested in the 'world', and who were interested in the 'richness' of it, for the most part loved the war. I've found that those who were bitter about the war were either traders (well duh, war is bad for business), someone bitter over another issue (no 100th circle quest, not wanting to fight because he/she/it couldn't be rezzed, etctera), or a power leveler interested in the mechanics and in 'winning' DR.

Running a business myself, I've had to be put in the position of terminating my relationship with a popular employee more times than I care to recall. I'm sure that there are mechanations going on here that none of us as -customers- are entitled to be privy of. That being said, as a customer I feel compelled to hope that this was not a politically motivated incident.

Vaschon's contributions were a large public part of the product to us and we will miss his contributions.

--
PS.. V, if you feel motivated to pop on to AOL or AIM some time, drop me a line.

You gesture at Vaschon.
A bolt of bluish lightning blazes out of the sky towards Vaschon!
The bolt blasts through the head in an explosion of mangled, smoky flesh!
Roundtime: 2 seconds.
Vaschon turns its tail to the sky for the last time.
Re: Salute Vaschon 10/12/2004 10:19 AM CDT
<<He's getting it out of the way ahead of time to beat the rush.

Yep, just getting it out of the way. I hate seeing things happen before they do. I must be psychotic or something.

Trebber
Re: Goodbye Vaschon 10/12/2004 11:13 AM CDT
Later Vaschon. You leaving hurts more than when Damissak left. I hope the fact that I even found this folder is enough to convey the enormous respect I have for you for bringing some humor to the GM side of things. The tattoo's in TF speak for themselves. Later bro.

Raging
Re: Salute Vaschon 10/12/2004 11:15 AM CDT
Best of luck in all you strive for, Vaschon. If you give the rest of the things in your life even half the effort and committment you gave to DR, you will succeed in anything you attempt. You will be missed, have no doubt. Fair winds and following seas, bud.

~~~Krin
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
"Goblins ... aisle 6, Mycthengelde ... hunt smart, hunt S-Mart!"
"You whine like a mule ... you are still alive!"
"Call me Snake."
Re: Salute Vaschon 10/12/2004 11:43 AM CDT
Well hell, sad news indeed.

Aside from the obvious loss to the game I will miss Vaschon on a more personal level. He was the first GM that made me, the player, and my character feel like part of this game. I used to joke that Ithlia had to be the oldest unkown character in DR. GM Vaschon changed that and I want to say thank you. Now I know why some folks chase events. What a blast!

Anyway... good bye, good luck and best wishes to a very talented and extreamly fun guy.

Susan.

~ Ithlia peers out from a pale blue moonbeam's window. ~
Re: Salute Vaschon 10/12/2004 11:46 AM CDT
another one bites the dust. sad to see you go.

although I certainly wasn't a fan of the Outcast war, I found the characters you played quite amusing, especially Jomay and Jourak, and of course, Cleetus.

ROle-play here has just had another nail put in the coffin.

---
A scavenger troll arrives, scouring the area.

The scavenger troll exclaims, "I dinks I like da' Moongate!"

The scavenger troll bends over and picks up the Moongate. After appraising it, the troll places the Moongate in its frayed knapsack
Re: Salute Vaschon 10/12/2004 11:47 AM CDT
<<ROle-play here has just had another nail put in the coffin.

It is a ploy to get more platinum subscriptions.

Trebber
Re: Salute Vaschon 10/12/2004 04:26 PM CDT
I've had some very memorable moments due to Vashcon, and he will be greatly missed. He was one of the primary reasons I came back to DR after a very extended break, and its disheartening to see him gone.

Leaffe
The most bitten man in Elanthia.
Don't eat that Leaffe!
Re: Salute Vaschon 10/12/2004 07:31 PM CDT
<<I used to joke that Ithlia had to be the oldest unkown character in DR.>>

I remember you from way back when, though I don't remember how we met or got to talking. It's been quite a few years, but it's good to see you're still around too. :) Being unknown does have its perks, however.

On topic, I try to stay out of GM politics as much as possible, but it's always a shock to see someone kicked out the door under such circumstances.

~Vraniss~

die
and be free of pain
or live
and fight your sorrow
Re: Salute Vaschon 10/13/2004 04:10 AM CDT
Sorry to see you go Vaschon, its ashame its the wrong GMs getting fired. Atleast you bothered to show interest in the game you were staff on instead of preaching on about some other game all the time.

You will be missed, take care.
Vaschon, mein dmon. 10/20/2004 12:12 PM CDT
Seems like a hear a lot of bad news these days, but this was by far the most hurtful. Vaschon was, in my not so humble opinion, the best events GM I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Some might say he didnt communicate well with his peers, or that he was a "lone wolf", but I suppose when you are the very best it can get lonely up there on top of the world.

Vaschon was in fact the best link between player and GameMaster that I have ever known. He was truely there to serve the players. It was always his priority to see the people happy first, then accomidate other obligations. If I knew there was an event Vaschon was participating in going on in the mainland, and I was on Hara'Jaal, I'd get my butt on a boat and sail there as fast as I could. His role play was extraordinary, and his events were some of the best times I've ever had. His hard work and long hours did not go unappreciated. I miss him already, and I will not continue playing in his absence. I think he deserved a better exit than this, but no matter what I know many, many others mourne the loss of him.

You were the very best Vaschon.

-the player of Phii Serephteph, a now bored barbarian.
Prev_page Previous 1