Remembering Kaikyu 04/28/2004 10:25 AM CDT
A long time ago, in a town far, far away... (oh jeez, did I just do that? ::ducks::)

I still remember when I had my first truely amazing GM assist. They don't haven every day, of course, but once in awhile one or more GMs go not just one extra mile, but 10 or 20.

That is what happened the day I met GM Kaikyu...

I had just finished slaughtering snowbeasts by the hundreds and went to Leth to unload the pelts. But alas, the tanner had gone on vacation or something... He just wasn't there anymore, at all.

Of course, I tried this and that, eventually asking for an assist. An extremely nice GM Kaiya arrived to help, and help she did. She must have been sending pigeons to every GM online before finding just the right one... GM Kaikyu. Kaikyu went to work on the problem and in no time at all had found the problem.

Even though he couldn't permafix it right on the spot, he said he'd at least get it working enough for me to sell my bundles, and if not, he'd play tanner himself and buy em from me. I was ecstatic, I had never had such great treatment before. It was as if I was the only player in the game or something.

In the end, Kaikyu did get a temp fix made and I got to sell my bundles (I think he said he copied the code straight from on of the other tanners in Zoluren), He and Kaiya bowed out and I was left with a great big grin on my face.

Since then I have had several experiences that come close to that, but I have to say that those two are/were a couple of the greatest GMs I've met.

I made a great GM list, just for IG experiences, starting with them, and though I don't always remember to add to it, the list has grown over the years.

I'd like to share that list with everyone. These aren't the only GMs who have earned their place on my list, but they are among those who have made my DR experience great.

GM Kaiya, GM Kaikyu, GM Nionon, GM Tribanin, GM Loriene, and GM Westryl

I'm sorry to hear that Kaikyu is gone, and even more sorry that I didn't get to say goodbye, as I missed his departure completely.

Best wished to all who have left us.

[Hobris] "Fear the Moonie!"