Ode to the Memory of a GM 04/27/2004 08:10 PM CDT
March 30, 1998 I was hired onto the Dragonrealms GM team. I remember how excited I was. Over the past 6 years I have met many friends, some well liked and remembered, some maybe not as well liked, but still remembered. I still can't believe its been 6 years, where has all the time gone. I remember Loki, and Treveri. I remember Smitty and Gonk. I remember Zanafrat and Sylveria, Moonshadow and Brandewynne, Jovah and Galiot, Lasca and Stefonn. How could we not forget Belcor and Viani, Lelah, Czarra and Atrathien. Remember Chadi, Kaikyu and Taejun? How about Taka, Melodia and Kotkel? Tinsie, You will forever and always be in my memories and my heart. Time moves on and GM names change and new faces emerge. All departures these past few weeks have saddened me, but time will still go on - my life will still go on. I miss every one that has come into my life under this guise known as DragonRealms. I am sure there will be more as time moves on.

Meakah
Re: Ode to the Memory of a GM 04/28/2004 11:22 PM CDT
I wrote a very sentimental not-so-responsive reply, but I deleted it. Call me a coward. <g>

But for a second there I thought Meakah was resigning. I'm glad you're not.

Now, about those dinegos, can we get a better gen rate? And I think they should drop more coin for a critter that hits so hard... <g>

Voice Over: The Reverend Arthur Belling is Vicar of St. Loony Up The Cream Bun and Jam. And now an appeal on behalf of the National Trust.
Re: Ode to the Memory of a GM 05/03/2004 12:49 AM CDT
<< Moonshadow and Brandewynne

Gemstone 2 Alumni (1988). Moonshadow was my Guildmaster long since, and later the first GM to answer an assist for me. Brandewynne critiqued my young bardlet's first songs (on the GEnie DR boards).

<< Lasca

A GM named Lasca once said
"I swear on my life till I'm dead"
"There'll be bagpipes for Danner"
"From myself and the tanner"
Now from Danner and tanner she's fled...

- (Simucon 2000, winning limerick)

<< Sylveria

No event, no gathering, would be boring or uneventful if she was there.

<< Loki

Once, long ago, when I had time to play a lot, she paid me the compliment of suggesting I apply to be a GM (this was pre-hosts)... I knew better about my (lack of) qualifications, but it was awesome to have it suggested.

<< Treveri

If it was easy to be a Ranger, they wouldn't be real rangers.

<< Zanafrat

My second favorite 'in person' GM

I'll add: (hoping I get the spelling right, and knowing that some of these may not be gone from Simu, just from DR...): Shalnhh, Chandra (even though I never did get that alteration), Shindhe, Urion (he meant well, even if he stuck us with Darius), Fial (both before and after his ascension to GM-hood), Hoome, Raphael, Yndra, Winnow, and Rowan... all of whom I either met in person or in game, and who made an impression and a difference.

And Brigdha... my favorite in-person GM :)

Glenlivet
Re: Ode to the Memory of a GM 05/03/2004 01:24 AM CDT
A lot of wonderful memories with those names.

Sylveria came down to my PC in 97 and told me to apply for GM. I was pretty shocked at the time because my PC's RP was usually pretty reserved. But I took her up on that offer and the rest is history.

Zanafrat was my mentor. One of the most calm and patient GMs I had ever come to know. He was a real class act and showed me the 'fun' of being a GM and events. He really opened the door to a lot of the ideas I have today.

-V
Re: Ode to the Memory of a GM 05/03/2004 01:46 AM CDT
Heh, you even copied Zanafrat once V. I remember looking at you and seeing the Master Demon look he used to have.

Vidumavi exclaims, "Wait!"
Vidumavi points at you.
Vidumavi exclaims, "Your that Blasword guy!"
>nod vid
You nod to Vidumavi.
Vidumavi exclaims, "You are the bomb!"