Character creation issue 04/23/2021 01:52 PM CDT

Hello everyone

I couldn't find a general support folder, so I'm posting here instead

I'm a new player who wants to play Dragon Realms, with a generally bad experience with MUDs (bugs, breakages, server connection issues, etc.) and I have discovered a problem right off the bat.

The first thing the game had me do was create a character, where I created a gnome with the name "Celvit". After I had created his features, I headed to the bathroom to take a dump. Upon my return, I saw a transmission stating "You have taken too long, please respond", so I made my next choice, and... nothing happened. I assume I had been disconnected, so I refreshed the page, which redirected me to the play.net website. I navigated back to the play page, selected my Celvit character, and the game asked me to enter a character name. Upon re-entering the name Celvit, it told me the name was unavailable.

I have no idea what happened there. I set my name already, and it was telling me to choose a new one? Is there any way to fix this?
Re: Character creation issue 04/23/2021 02:50 PM CDT
Hello! Thanks for giving our game a try. I see Celvit as an available name now. If you want it, you can reroll the current character on your account (F2P may only have one character on the account) or you can make a new account.

Good luck!

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.