Dokt and foraged piles 02/13/2021 07:31 AM CST
I'm not sure where this might be appropriate to put, but someone's been gathering piles of crap in Dokt's room - mostly buttons.

You can't kick the piles in there, and the janitor doesn't purge them, and the room sees enough activity that it never de-loads. So if you want to clean up the room you have to take a few hundred buttons manually then dump your container.

Even after I manually cleaned them up the other day, the 'pile' remained, but with zero parts.

[Knife Clan, Triage]
Low groans rising from the injured fill the cramped alcove as wounded hunters and warriors receive aid. Mattresses line the walls, about half occupied by recovering patients. The floor is almost entirely covered by a dark red stain, paying testament to the enthusiasm of the field surgeons. An ominous bone saw leans against the wall, obviously a favorite method of treatment.
You also see a pile of old buttons, a pile of old buttons, a pile of old buttons, a pile of old buttons, a pile of old buttons, a pile of old buttons, a pile of old buttons, a pile of old buttons, a pile of old buttons, a pile of old buttons, a pile of old buttons, a pile of old buttons, a pile of old buttons, a pile of old buttons, a pile of old buttons, a pile of old buttons and the surgeon Dokt.

> kick pile
[Assuming you mean a pile of old buttons.]
Now what did the buttons ever do to you?
> kick but
Now what did the buttons ever do to you?
> count pile
[Assuming you mean a pile of old buttons.]
You count some old buttons in the pile on the ground and see there are twenty.
Re: Dokt and foraged piles 02/17/2021 10:33 PM CST
Sometimes you can >kick pile and other times you need to >kick button. Not sure why, but that may solve the issue.
Re: Dokt and foraged piles 02/18/2021 07:29 AM CST
...unless the issue is that you can't kick there in prime due to being a safe room.
Re: Dokt and foraged piles 03/03/2021 10:12 PM CST
When folks run into non-kickable piles, you can call for a ranger to come compost or use the wind to clean it. We rangers tend to be on the helpful side...I know if I were nearby, I would come clean it for you.

Also I am seeing more rooms where there are clutter that isn't being picked up by the janitor (unless I just saw it before the janitor came). I search around to see if someone is there and if not, I compost or use a beseech.

Also, isn't there a DUMP JUNK command anymore that calls the janitor?

Zinaca and her baby wolf, Lucky