Unofficial GM Discord Discussion Thread 02/10/2021 03:48 PM CST
Lyneya02/07/2021
I just confirmed with Z -- he says all of the TT stuff is in TF. What do you think is missing? - Re: Prime Updates making it into TF

Lyneya02/08/2021
Sometimes TF is a couple of days behind on the TT stuff, but not usually more than a week. Z is really good about that. - Re: Prime Updates making it into TF

@@@@@@@POSSIBLE DR 25th Anniversary Celebration@@@@@ - Biggest takeaway don't call Chris, email for information regarding your account status.
Lyneya02/07/2021
No, you'd have to email billing for that. (email is better than calling)
Lyneya02/07/2021
Might do a 30 day promo, just to make it easier on Chris.
Lyneya02/07/2021
I intend to discuss the best method for you guys to check inactive accounts when I meet with the office team this coming week.
Lyneya02/07/2021
We're definitely going to make a way for you to check your active account's cumulative time.
Lyneya02/06/2021
and unless they ask for a whole new province, I'll do my best to make it happen.
Lyneya02/06/2021
And for that one customer that has had continuous premium service since premium was implemented? I'll probably ask them what they want. <g>
Lyneya02/06/2021
To be clear and to avoid disappointment when things start happening -- I have gifts for people all year long. I'm going to start with the very most loyal customers: We have a handful who are trailblazers AND who have had cumulative 20+ years of service. They're going to get something pretty nifty. Then we have a larger handful who have had 20+ years cumulative. From there I'll widen the group and change up the gifts. Eventually, everyone on an active account will receive a gift. At least that's my plan :stuck_out_tongue: we're still working out details. I have the first few things lined up and am working towards the next few.
Cumulative.
Lyneya02/06/2021
That person needs a prize.
Lyneya02/06/2021
As a fun piece of trivia, I did some poking around today looking at numbers.. we have ONE customer who has been continuously premium since premium service began. No gaps.
Lyneya02/06/2021
It would be based on account longevity
Lyneya02/06/2021
So! We're looking at running a token auction with those things. The number of tokens you get will be relative to the number of years you've been a paying customer.
Lyneya02/06/2021
Much of it sits because it doesn't fit the "theme" of what we have going on at any particular time
Lyneya02/06/2021
There's ... a lot of stuff piled up in there
Lyneya02/06/2021
We also have a monthly requirement for GMs to build some items.. they build some of this tier, some of that tier, some auction tier each month. We pull from this pool for MT events and auctions.
Lyneya02/06/2021
Which means that I can finally start doing some long term stuff for them
Lyneya02/06/2021
We had an update last year which allowed me to see how long basic subscribers have been a customer (previously, that info was only researchable in game for premium customers).
Lyneya02/06/2021
So, back to anniversary events

@@@@@Reason for Recent Crash@@@@@
Lyneya02/06/2021
it was a player home, it seems like.
Lyneya02/06/2021
Suspect identified!
Lyneya02/06/2021
Dunno yet, not immediately obvious but we didn't want to make you all wait while tech is digging into it

@@@@@Do Boxes change loot on being picked vs. using a Key:

Lyneya02/08/2021
That was a long time ago! I would have to search my GM Discord to find the conversation at the time. I remember we discussed it. I'm afk for now though, have to get dinner started.
Lyneya02/08/2021
Again, it’s a question for the forums. :heart: I don’t know the answer.
Lyneya02/08/2021
I don't know that to be a true statement, either
Lyneya02/08/2021
(unless they already know)
Lyneya02/08/2021
I'd suggest you take it to the forums, because that's not a simple quick/peek/see. Someone would have to dig into boxes to find out.
Lyneya02/08/2021
I don't think that is true, but again I don't know the code.
Lyneya02/08/2021
I don't believe that they change the treasure, I believe they just bypass the lock. But I don't know the code.
Lyneya02/08/2021
I know what they do. I don't know how the code works.
Lyneya02/08/2021
I don't have any idea how skeleton keys work
Re: Unofficial GM Discord Discussion Thread 02/12/2021 09:58 PM CST
>@@@@@Do Boxes change loot on being picked vs. using a Key:

We were able to track down a bug where gems were not being generated. This is now fixed in Prime and Plat, with TF to follow if nothing explodes.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Unofficial GM Discord Discussion Thread 02/13/2021 03:37 AM CST
Fabulous, thank you!
Re: Unofficial GM Discord Discussion Thread 02/13/2021 04:57 PM CST
So, at least in plat this change is resulting in a really significant drop in the net value of loot from boxes. I just ran through 60 boxes, and 5 of them had coins at all. The rest just had gems.
Re: Unofficial GM Discord Discussion Thread 02/13/2021 07:27 PM CST
>So, at least in plat this change is resulting in a really significant drop in the net value of loot from boxes. I just ran through 60 boxes, and 5 of them had coins at all. The rest just had gems.

Being opened with the vardite skeleton key? Or in general?

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Unofficial GM Discord Discussion Thread 02/13/2021 09:24 PM CST
>>>Being opened with the vardite skeleton key? Or in general?

Javac<<<

Opened with the skeleton key. It's heavily impacted what I net from the same number of boxes (raw without considering the added value of traders), dropping it by around 30-40%.
Re: Unofficial GM Discord Discussion Thread 02/13/2021 10:32 PM CST
Does regular picking result in larger output? From looking at the code, it shouldn't be lowering your net output. I'll keep poking, but a migraine is going to make me stop for tonight.

Javac
That one guy

Re: Unofficial GM Discord Discussion Thread 02/13/2021 10:33 PM CST
One additional question, what creature are the boxes from?

Javac
That one guy

Re: Unofficial GM Discord Discussion Thread 02/14/2021 01:54 PM CST
Looking at the ~500 boxes I've opened since this change with the key vs the only sample I have of picking pre-change (~60 boxes, so a fairly small sample) on prime:

Gems per box is ~10% higher using the key vs picking
Average coin value per box is about 10% higher using the key vs picking.
Average value per box (coin + average of gem value, I'm too tired to app every gem individually) is also up ~7-8% after your change.
Before this change, average value per box picking (not factoring for gem bonus from trader) was somewhere between 5 and 10% less value per box anecdotally, though my data sample had it a little below that -- but historically I had been seeing numbers closer to the PG values mentioned below. It currently seems to line up almost exactly with those expectations.

Compared to using the key before:
Average value is up 7-8% before trader bonus selling gems.
Average coin value is down significantly -- only ~12-15% of the total value of the boxes are in coins vs 75-85% before
Average coin-box value is largely unchanged.

Compared to using the key and casting PG on the box before opening it (~120 box sample):
Average value is +/- 1-2%.
Gems per box is up slightly (~1.4 vs ~1.36)

He's posting about Assassins, I believe. His average value per box he was seeing before is about 25% higher than what I see in my sample from cabalist boxes, I was wondering if there was a past fix applied to assassin's that hadn't made it's way over. Or I'm told there was a change to box value deployed back around September that was a 20%ish reduction?
Re: Unofficial GM Discord Discussion Thread 02/14/2021 02:21 PM CST
Everything I've done ONLY concerns key use. At least in Plat, the change has resulted in almost no boxes having coins, where previously it was coin heavy with a good mix go gems in there, but not a completely lopsided ratio like we are seeing now.

I'm not factoring trader bonus into things at all, any spells etc, so this is all raw, but from what I can see only 10-15% of boxes have ANY coins in them at all, and the majority of those have a mix of gems and coins (so, almost nothing in coins). Going through assassins/intercessors/cabalists this has held true. All of them are showing LESS net than before by a significant margin (20-30% again not factoring trader bonus).

>>>He's posting about Assassins, I believe. His average value per box he was seeing before is about 25% higher than what I see in my sample from cabalist boxes, I was wondering if there was a past fix applied to assassin's that hadn't made it's way over. Or I'm told there was a change to box value deployed back around September that was a 20%ish reduction?

I'm was seeing an average of about 2.3ish plat per assassin box, which doesn't seem different than what it is in prime. I really don't think this is an issue of a specific mob being off. I think it's just that the change has shifted so massively in one direction, but even with a trader bonus applied (no matter the mob Assassin/Intercessor/Cabalist) the result is still less raw net.
Re: Unofficial GM Discord Discussion Thread 02/15/2021 12:26 AM CST

Lyneya02/12/2021
The reactivation promo isn't going away any time soon. Take your time to figure out what you want to do.
Lyneya02/12/2021
This latest one is perpetual.
Lyneya02/12/2021
Lyneya02/12/2021
https://www.play.net/dr/promo/reactivate/home.asp?offerCode=DRBACKAFTER6 Reactivate with 30 days free premium! *after which you will be billed for Premium access unless you change your settings
DRBACKAFTER6 is a perpetual reactivation code I've recently requested -- it will always be available.
Lyneya02/12/2021
Chris actually messaged me today and asked me to reiterate that people should email rather than call. It's a time consuming task to look up old accounts, and easier for her to do on her own rather than on the phone. Please email first.

LyneyaYesterday at 9:30 AM
Every single bug report gets emailed to every single staff member.
Re: Unofficial GM Discord Discussion Thread 02/15/2021 03:06 PM CST
Any word on the Skeleton key/box issue? At least in Plat, this has seriously dropped total loot value, especially since we don't have Traders running around everywhere.

Shouldn't box loot at least be balanced between gems and coins? I get people in prime want more gems because they can get more boost from a trader, but that doesn't scream great design to me.
Re: Unofficial GM Discord Discussion Thread 02/17/2021 02:10 AM CST
>Any word on the Skeleton key/box issue?

I cannot find any issue. This was a bug fix to bring boxes opened with the key inline with boxes opened via normal DISARM/PICK, for better or worse.

>At least in Plat,

While I can't say with 100% certainty, I spent quite a few hours digging through the treasure code and I saw nothing that differentiates Plat from Prime.

>this has seriously dropped total loot value

The only guess I have is that crafting metals are dragging your results down, because they count as full value for gem creation but get sold at a reduced value.

Javac
That one guy

Re: Unofficial GM Discord Discussion Thread 02/17/2021 08:38 AM CST
>>The only guess I have is that crafting metals are dragging your results down, because they count as full value for gem creation but get sold at a reduced value.

This would be a neat Tuesday Tiding update, by the by.

Not necessarily the reduced value part (but honestly it is a big frustrating!), but the "value fix" that smelting does.

For context, mined metals have a very static/predictable value (ie: a 99 purity 1 volume gold nugget is always worth X), but a looted metal doesn't follow the same logic and instead factors in critter level and other stuff. This is typically okay, except for the fact that you get a reduced value when selling AND the value itself just outright normalizes to what the expected value should be once you smelt it.

In other words, if a 99 purity tiny gold nugget is worth 1,000 when you mine it, if you smelt it without flaws it'll remain 1,000. But, if you loot a 99 purity tiny gold nugget from a lout, it may only be worth 500, BUT if you turn it into an ingot it'll get reset to 1,000. On the other side of the same coin, if you loot a 99 purity tiny gold nugget from a Xala'shar Bazooka King, it might be worth 5,000, but if you make it into an ingot it'll reset to 1,000.

This weirdness is even more obvious when you do alchemy, because if you use a looted pewter bar or electrum nugget to make a potion, that potion's value (and thus your payout) will be based on the value of the looted nugget/bar, which can be much higher than a mined nugget/bar, BUT if you smelt all those looted electrum nuggets into an electrum ingot, then make potions using THAT, the payouts for potions might be lower since the electrum values get normalized/"fixed" during the smelting process (I assume this happens because when forging 2.0 first came out, GMs wanted to make sure a metal's values could get recalibrated without having to more manually replace stuff).

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Unofficial GM Discord Discussion Thread 03/03/2021 10:07 PM CST
>>Lyneya02/07/2021
I just confirmed with Z -- he says all of the TT stuff is in TF. What do you think is missing? - Re: Prime Updates making it into TF

Lyneya02/08/2021
Sometimes TF is a couple of days behind on the TT stuff, but not usually more than a week. Z is really good about that. - Re: Prime Updates making it into TF

@@@@@@@POSSIBLE DR 25th Anniversary Celebration@@@@@ - Biggest takeaway don't call Chris, email for information regarding your account status.
Lyneya02/07/2021
No, you'd have to email billing for that. (email is better than calling)
Lyneya02/07/2021
Might do a 30 day promo, just to make it easier on Chris.
Lyneya02/07/2021
I intend to discuss the best method for you guys to check inactive accounts when I meet with the office team this coming week.
Lyneya02/07/2021
We're definitely going to make a way for you to check your active account's cumulative time.
Lyneya02/06/2021
and unless they ask for a whole new province, I'll do my best to make it happen.
Lyneya02/06/2021
And for that one customer that has had continuous premium service since premium was implemented? I'll probably ask them what they want. <g>
Lyneya02/06/2021
To be clear and to avoid disappointment when things start happening -- I have gifts for people all year long. m going to start with the very most loyal customers: We have a handful who are trailblazers AND who have had cumulative 20+ years of service. They're going to get something pretty nifty. Then we have a larger handful who have had 20+ years cumulative. From there I'll widen the group and change up the gifts. Eventually, everyone on an active account will receive a gift. At least that's my plan :stuck_out_tongue: we're still working out details. I have the first few things lined up and am working towards the next few.
Cumulative.
Lyneya02/06/2021
That person needs a prize.
Lyneya02/06/2021
As a fun piece of trivia, I d.....>>

Wow thanks for posting this example of discord. I can see why folks say it's too busy. My eyesight isn't the greatest anymore and well I guess I won't go on discord. Too bad as it sounds like it would be so informative. I really miss the old forums when many folks would have interesting stuff to say and a thread could go for months.

That all said, thank you GMs for your unending devotion to DR and hard work. And having this alternative board is nice too and I'm sure the folks who run it would like a little love for doing so...so thank you all for working on discord.

Zinaca and her baby wolf, Lucky