Esp 10/14/2020 10:46 AM CDT
Are the thoughts we send out on the general channel OOC? I thought I read somewhere that they were OOC. I just wanted to clear that up.

You hear Kelneth thinking, "Come as fast as possible... he's barely even a solid person at this point."
Re: Esp 10/14/2020 10:56 AM CDT
Gwethdesuaen are used for in character communication and are not intended to be used for OOC discussions, with the exception of personal or private group messages if the parties involved agree to it.
Re: Esp 10/14/2020 11:01 AM CDT

Only private or personal channels should be considered OOC. If it is available for anyone to see on the gweths (general, guild, trade, etc), it is considered IC, and should be treated accordingly.
Re: Esp 10/14/2020 11:09 AM CDT
>Are the thoughts we send out on the general channel OOC? I thought I read somewhere that they were OOC.

No, gwethdesuan/ESP thoughts are supposed to stay in character. Is the thought you quoted in your post out of character in some way?

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Gwethdesuan#IC_vs_OOC_Thoughts

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Post:On_being_OOC_by_trying_to_not_be_OOC_about_it_on_the_Gweth_or_otherwise._-_05/15/2015_-_12:32

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Post:Update_to_Gwethsmashing_policy_-_05/17/2018_-_10:17

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Out_of_Character#Acceptable_Uses_of_OOC
Re: Esp 10/14/2020 11:25 AM CDT
I posted OOC this morning there was a discussion as to whether they were IC or OOC. I wanted to be clear on the policy. Thank you all for your quick posts.

You hear Kelneth thinking, "Come as fast as possible... he's barely even a solid person at this point."
Re: Esp 10/14/2020 11:46 AM CDT
Yeah, we've had recently some well known players using the trade channel in a very OOC manner. I had thought of private messaging them & asking them to knock it off as I wasnt sure if reporting was the way to go. And my characters do not own gwethsmashers nor do I have the circle reqs I believe to smash them anyways.

The worst part is they are posting the exact same garbage on the discord sale channel them come blab it IG in OOC manners. Yeah, I could turn my channel off but why should I have too?

Anyways, now I know I can send them a message & not be out of line doing it either. :)
Re: Esp 10/14/2020 06:58 PM CDT
>>PURHEART: Yeah, we've had recently some well known players using the trade channel in a very OOC manner. I had thought of private messaging them & asking them to knock it off as I wasnt sure if reporting was the way to go. And my characters do not own gwethsmashers nor do I have the circle reqs I believe to smash them anyways.

>>Anyways, now I know I can send them a message & not be out of line doing it either. :)

While we can't stop you from privately asking players to refrain from being OOC, it's usually better to report these issues when you see them.

GM Cordulia
Re: Esp 10/15/2020 08:45 AM CDT
Maybe we're thinking of Platinum, where CHATTER (only usable there and in TF) is considered OOC.

Nikpack
Re: Esp 10/15/2020 12:16 PM CDT
Thanks Cordulia,
I wasnt sure if being ooc on the gweth was something the GMs wanted to be involved in. Now I know, I always believed in nicely & privately asking, worse thing that would happen is the other would tell me to go bug off. I know with the smaller staffing these days I didnt want to waste time ya'll could be working on stuff for the players.

Thanks for the clearing up on this, its appreciated. :)
Re: Esp 10/15/2020 01:50 PM CDT
>>Maybe we're thinking of Platinum, where CHATTER (only usable there and in TF) is considered OOC.

Isn't chatter also in Prime (and OOC), but restricted to a smaller base of users, so mentors could help new players without literally being in the room?

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.