A note about everything 10/30/2018 04:57 PM CDT
As an aside, there is one GM who is required to read these forums every day.

Me.

I read every word you post and when I can come up with a suitable reply, I post that.

There are days when your words fill me with joy that gives me the energy to do creative things and look for ways to make the world more fun for you. There are other days when some posts are, frankly, exhausting, and I simply read the words, try to find a kernel of truth in them, and go try to remember why I'm doing this in the first place.

This is today's response, before I go try to set up the next big thing.

RE: the request to have GMs in Discord channels? History has shown that GMs can't have any known online presence without serious risk of having our RL employers and family contacted as a routine part of being doxxed when someone gets angry. Our only recourse when this happens is to quit. The only way for us, as staff, to mitigate this is to stay in our lane, which is these forums.

I thank you for being civil and constructive.

Iocanthe
Doing stuff
Re: A note about everything 10/30/2018 05:37 PM CDT
I moved this post to this folder to help further organize the forums.

Furthermore, I wanted to chime in and say, I'm the only non-GM who is required to read all of the DR forums. I don't reply, but I am always sharing what I read.

Helje
DragonRealms Senior Board Moderator
Re: A note about everything 08/23/2020 09:49 PM CDT

Necro posting here.

Lots of love to the GM's. Ya'll do a wonderful job! I don't like everything that happens for certain (eg. let's just make X so simple leads to the question why have anything difficult at all?). But I really appreciate the work you all do. Some players act like GM's are sitting pretty on 6 figure salaries. It's like being a soccer coach. All satisfaction must come from within.

I read almost every line of every room. I spend time in every room. Even in some old rooms taht don't have anything to do with game mechanics anymore. And I just marvel at the world.

If Heaven is anything like what was portrayed in "What Dreams May Come", mine will be a recreation of our world. 8)

-
Qrb ivaqvpr!!
Re: A note about everything 08/24/2020 02:08 PM CDT
>If Heaven is anything like what was portrayed in "What Dreams May Come", mine will be a recreation of our world.

Sorry to be off topic for a moment, but Nice to see my favorite movie of all time mentioned. I don't watch most movies more than once, but have probably seen What Dreams May Come about 30 times. And I miss Robin Williams so much.

And on topic: Anyone who would doxx a GM just because your mad about a DR issue, Shame on you! I hope your hell is also as portrayed in What Dreams May Come!
Re: A note about everything 08/24/2020 02:23 PM CDT
I want to add something. Sorry I didn't get it into my first reply.

In any forum, DR or otherwise, when we post something and never get an official reply, it is SO easy as a player to just assume that the post was never seen by anyone official, so really "what's the point?" So having the two of you above confirming to us that, Yes, everything does get read, really makes me feel so much better about utilizing the forums! (especially for ideas/complaints/bug reports)

So glad to hear it and thanks for letting us know! <3
Re: A note about everything 08/25/2020 01:14 PM CDT
We're still reading, even almost 2 years later.

Thanks!

Helje
DragonRealms Senior Board Moderator