Search field 03/24/2009 06:14 PM CDT
Any suggestions on finding information or a search option for the forums to be incorporated in the future?

Google searching doesn't seem to find everything in question.

I'm noticing this topic has been coming up and the last time it was brought up in this folder was 2005/2006, so I'd like to see what options are available for a SEARCH field on these forums (if that's at all possible) as the situation may have changed since then.

- Simon
Re: Search field 03/24/2009 08:29 PM CDT
The Google option is the only one planned for the foreseeable future.

Solomon

"The probability of someone making a mathematical formulation on a non-mathematical subject is inversely proportional to its usefulness."
- Brust's Law of Mathematical Formulations

http://www.myspace.com/simutronicsdragonrealms
Re: Search field 03/24/2009 08:56 PM CDT
Ok, thanks for the update.

- Simon
Re: Search field 04/22/2013 05:09 PM CDT
WTB search field...pleeease!!!! Google really does suck for finding info. Figured i'd rezz this thread since it hasnt been addressed for 4 years

I dont know if this would be an easy thing to add into the forums, but a search bar for searching existing posts and keywords would be awesome. I hate creating new threads wondering if i missed a previously existing thread and/or untitled/mistitled thread that addressed my question. Would make things a lot more streamlined here too i would think and maybe cut down on server space taken up. Might even take some burden off staff with answering questions...these forums are pretty extensive now and i'm sure most questions have been answered at least once in here somewhere...
Re: Search field 04/22/2013 05:12 PM CDT
>>I dont know if this would be an easy thing to add into the forums

It's not.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Search field 04/22/2013 05:16 PM CDT
sad face...
Re: Search field ::Thread Over:: 04/22/2013 05:16 PM CDT

Discussion like this belongs over on the Simutronics folder under forums, where the right people will see it.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: Search field 04/23/2013 05:16 AM CDT

Heh funny enough... I just posted about this in general discusions.