couple suggestions 03/02/2003 04:37 AM CST
First... So here's where the folder is <grin> !

1) Folders should be searchable by a subject keyword.
2) Folders should be searchable by author name
3) Rather than just ignoring authors, allow us to ignore threads too. (hmmm and if could be coupled with a search?!)
Re: couple suggestions 03/02/2003 12:21 PM CST
>>2) Folders should be searchable by author name

They are.

Up near the top where it says "Show messages from to by ," type in the account name you wish to read in the "by " field. If you hit enter, you'll read all new posts by that person. If you want to read a range of posts (i.e. the last 200 or something), put in the appropriate range in the first two fields. Otherwise, show all messages then type the name in.

>>3) Rather than just ignoring authors, allow us to ignore threads too. (hmmm and if could be coupled with a search?!)

Here's a cut and paste from post 431 in this folder:

<<Yes ignore thread would be nice. Like put it in the post when it expanded it it possible.>>

I don't think we can do that unless we go to a system that actually tracks threads.

Just go with Collapsed view as the default and then don't open the messages you want to ignore. :)

Solomon

Hope that helps.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: couple suggestions 03/02/2003 03:05 PM CST
I REALLY hate saying this, but Pete has the right idea. Searchable by author at the category level (at a minimum) would be useable. Searchable only within the individual folders does have an application, but is more of a tease than truly useful.
Re: couple suggestions 03/02/2003 03:40 PM CST
Searchable by author at the top level would be good, but I really just wish I could search the (entire) boards for a string of text, be it a word or several words.

~player of ...~

"Too often we...enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
-- John F. Kennedy
Re: couple suggestions 03/03/2003 03:02 AM CST
I would also LOVE an option that allows me to only read GM posts. I'd use that to read all the GM posts first, and pick and choose from the player posts I want to read later.

-Laelia JS