Please give us "Mark Topic as Read" 02/24/2003 06:00 PM CST
Please? I don't like to backtrack. I don't have to backtrack on the old boards, so why must I here?

Pretty please?

Dulci
Re: Please give us "Mark Topic as Read" 02/24/2003 06:29 PM CST
I think we have a mark topic as read here...
Re: Please give us "Mark Topic as Read" 02/24/2003 07:58 PM CST
I think she is asking for one to be available while we are IN the topic, not just one or more levels higher, so that we can just hit that when we get "blank post syndrome".

~Kyn
Re: Please give us "Mark Topic as Read" 02/25/2003 06:49 AM CST
Exactly. Or when we don't want to have to click on the last post in a topic to get rid of it.

Please?

Dulci
Re: Please give us "Mark Topic as Read" 02/26/2003 02:02 AM CST
Thanks.

Steel.

A good friend is one who bails you out of jail. A best friend is the one sitting next to you saying "Damn that was cool! Let's do that again!"
Re: Please give us "Mark Topic as Read" 02/26/2003 02:59 PM CST
Now, how about a button to "Ignore Topic"? I would love something like this for when a new topic is added into a folder I am reading one or more topics from, but the new topic is not of interest to me.

I tend to just click through all the topics I read, starting from the first one, by clicking on the "Next Category" button, and sometimes don't know there is even a new topic added until I am suddenly in the middle of it...

Thanks for adding the "Mark as Read" button.

~Kyn
Re: Please give us "Mark Topic as Read" 02/26/2003 05:34 PM CST
>>Now, how about a button to "Ignore Topic"? I would love something like this for when a new topic is added into a folder I am reading one or more topics from, but the new topic is not of interest to me.

Yes ignore thread would be nice. Like put it in the post when it expanded it it possible.

Brabs

What's mine is mine, what's yours is mine, what's not bolted down is mine, if it can be pried up it isn't bolted down.
Re: Please give us "Mark Topic as Read" 02/26/2003 05:42 PM CST
>>Now, how about a button to "Ignore Topic"? I would love something like this for when a new topic is added into a folder I am reading one or more topics from, but the new topic is not of interest to me.

There already is one...on the list of Topics, you just have to click Ignore Topic.

<<Yes ignore thread would be nice. Like put it in the post when it expanded it it possible.>>

I don't think we can do that unless we go to a system that actually tracks threads.

Just go with Collapsed view as the default and then don't open the messages you want to ignore. :)

Solomon

Vote for DragonRealms as the #1 MUD every day!

http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=drealms
Re: Please give us "Mark Topic as Read" 02/27/2003 05:30 AM CST
is there anyway that by clicking on this butting, we'd get bumped to the next available topic?
Re: Please give us "Mark Topic as Read" 02/27/2003 08:36 AM CST
>>Just go with Collapsed view as the default and then don't open the messages you want to ignore. :)

Already do that, just can be annoying when have 2+ pages of a thread, with the thread I want to read in the middle of it. Well I'll deal with it like I have been so far.

Brabs

What's mine is mine, what's yours is mine, what's not bolted down is mine, if it can be pried up it isn't bolted down.
Re: Please give us "Mark Topic as Read" 02/28/2003 08:01 PM CST
>>>is there anyway that by clicking on this butting, we'd get bumped to the next available topic?

That was what I was hoping it would do. I appreciate that it's there, but it takes just as much time to use it (more actually, since the computer needs to chew on the posts I'm not reading awhile to get rid of them), and then I still have to click that Next Topic thingie.

Please, Andy? You know you want to...

Dulci the lazy