War Again!? I hate WAR! 05/07/2003 05:03 PM CDT
It stops all trading, of which guild I belong to. It's the only thing that really ticks me off! It's not like I can hunt/fight, not likely! It seems unfair for other guilds to have such a big impact, and yet only one guild can not work, during the war.

Regards,

Sortny
Re: War Again!? I hate WAR! 05/07/2003 05:09 PM CDT
Says who? You guys stay on the home front supplying the troops with weapons and scrolls and stuff while the forgers are off beating the crap out of the enemy. And you can drag multiple people at once with your caravans.

Steel.

Please do not post messages or suggestions in the Guild Guru area here or anywhere else on the boards. - GM Dalzien
Re: War Again!? I hate WAR! 05/08/2003 10:11 AM CDT
Actually, I remember traders who got rich during both of the last wars harvesting enemy armor and weapons and selling them at the pawn shops. There were so many ways the traders could help then, but now with the new mechanics there are many more things a trader can do to be an important role playing part too.

Naturn, sharpens his arrowheads and ponders upcoming war with a fierce gleam in his eye..
Re: War Again!? I hate WAR! 05/08/2003 10:40 AM CDT
All I can say is, after reading how rich and involving the GSIII Ware of Nations seems to be, I'm jealous. We need another massive-scale event. ;P

-Merdell's player
Re: War Again!? I hate WAR! 05/08/2003 10:57 AM CDT
<<All I can say is, after reading how rich and involving the GSIII Ware of Nations seems to be, I'm jealous. We need another massive-scale event.>>

I can't help thinking there's more to this than just the amount of work involved behind the scenes. I remember my own experience with the Sorrow war, it was very nearly enough to make me give up DR altogether. I came to the realms, within two weeks had persuaded three friends from another game to join me ... only two of us made it past the Sorrow war, the other two quit in sheer frustration and never returned. It was confusing and completely disrupted the game for true newbies.

It's nice to have a change in the routine, fun to have new dangers imposed upon experienced players and I personally have elaborate fantasies involving the destruction of the new temple in Crossing, but anything that so totally prevents playing the basic game is bound to lose at least some new customers for Simutronics. When you also consider staff has been busy rewritting and updating so many systems, I suspect that kind of massive event isn't a high priority right now.

Gizella
Re: War Again!? I hate WAR! 05/08/2003 11:30 AM CDT
Gizella,

I agree with your points, but there's no need that every massive-scale event be a war. ;P

The thing that intrigued me the most about the War of Nations wasn't the war aspect, but instead all the history and color that seems to be going along with it. I would like something similiar for DR to make the world more fleshed-out, more real.

Regarding resources, any event of the scale the WoN seems to be would have to developed and planned over months. This isn't something that I expected to happen next weekend, but rather something to perhaps look forward to in a year or two.

-Merdell's player