Did you Ever Wonder... 03/19/2003 02:29 PM CST
..........why there are no blood worms near or around Ratha, or why there are none in the waters around the sprite caves?
Re: Did you Ever Wonder... 03/19/2003 03:47 PM CST
>>..........why there are no blood worms near or around Ratha, or why there are none in the waters around the sprite caves?

Salt water.
Re: Did you Ever Wonder... 03/20/2003 10:49 AM CST
I'm more wondering what Solomon has been wondering lately,

And even scarier, why hasnt he mentioned his thoughts to us!?!?!?

~Callek, Treasurer of the Order of the Apostles

Care to learn more about the Apostles, interested in joining, or simply want to find a way to contact me?
Visit: http://drapostles.hypermart.net/index.html
Re: Did you Ever Wonder... 03/20/2003 04:00 PM CST
Looking at the Gemstone 3 website's timeline, I didn't see ANYTHING that looked familiar. The Gods, the cities, the country names...all of it was out there. My big question is where on Elanthia we are in that timeframe? I'm having a sinking sensation that we're a LONG time back in it...from what I remember of our timeline, it's only been a few thousand years since the creation of most of the races...in theirs, it's more than 100,000. We might be right at the beginning of what the Gemstone 3 website refers to as the age of Drakes...which could lead to some HUGE bad bad things. Of course, I could be off, and we could be in their future after some world-shaking cataclysm that erased the former civilization...it's all a bit vague. I've always known that Dragonrealms and Gemstone are connected, but never how.

______Not a repair, a consolation for the marred world, but something deeper, closer to the true heart of things, fiercer, more dangerous and more beautiful, something that had never gone wrong to begin with...High Wizardry
Re: Did you Ever Wonder... 03/20/2003 04:13 PM CST
I think I heard that the Gemfire mountains or something are just north of muspar'i and south of whatever is southernmost in GSIII.

My opinion is that the creator just liked "Elanthia" as a world name.

Steel.

"Gotta kick it to darkness til it bleeds daylight" - The Barenaked Ladies.
Re: Did you Ever Wonder... 03/20/2003 04:47 PM CST
Actually, we at least share the Dragonspine mountains, since they're mentioned several times in the GSIII histories. Looking at the two maps essentially side by side, it looks like most of the GSIII map is in what was or will become Forfedhar...we seem to be located on their eastern seaboard...although there's a couple of rivers and such missing, and the map is a bit different, supporting the theory that there's a substantial time differential. I remember reading somewhere that Dragonrealms was either a prequel or a sequel to GS III, back when I first signed up....the trouble is remembering which.

______Not a repair, a consolation for the marred world, but something deeper, closer to the true heart of things, fiercer, more dangerous and more beautiful, something that had never gone wrong to begin with...High Wizardry
Re: Did you Ever Wonder... 03/20/2003 04:53 PM CST
Sequel, last I knew.

This perception is reinforced by a reference to a character in GS3 in at least one location in DR.

-pete
Re: Did you Ever Wonder... 03/20/2003 08:23 PM CST
We are the sequel.

I, too, remember way back when they were advertising the web move about us being many thousands of years in GS3's future.

Another supporting fact: Gemstone has 4 moons, we have 3 with a long time ago destroyed fourth moon.

- player of a few and disturbed by the voices in my head because of it :)
Re: Did you Ever Wonder... 03/21/2003 04:27 AM CST
Speaking of....
Where can I find out about what happened to Ghrazir? Been prowling through every website I could think of but to no avail.
(And all the books I could find in game)
Jerevth
Re: Did you Ever Wonder... 03/21/2003 05:32 AM CST
>>Where can I find out about what happened to Ghrazir? Been prowling through every website I could think of but to no avail. <<

I think the story of the World Dragon might have something to do with it...just a hunch, though.

Re: Did you Ever Wonder... 03/21/2003 10:58 AM CST
Try spelling it correctly Grazhir... might find more info.

-Mozzik
Re: Did you Ever Wonder... 03/21/2003 11:16 AM CST
Most people don't know this, but Elanthia is FLAT, but it does have two sides. One side is called Gemstone III, and one side is called Dragon Realms. To this day, no one has figured a way to travel from one side to the other without falling off.

Jaig
Re: Did you Ever Wonder... 03/21/2003 12:37 PM CST
DR is the sequel. There are a number of clues to this. The existence of 4 moons in GS3--one hatched into the world dragon and led to DR--world shaking sort of cataclysm, similar to the theory of the 65 million years ago meteor that destroyed dinos on earth.

also only 1 continent is accessible by players on this side of Elanthia. namely, kermonia--although we've been told of Alberia to the south <home of the gnomes & kaldar>, and of course, the islands to the east.

we are still not able to access the 5th province, nor the lands to the west <home of the rakash and prydaen>.

Also there may be continents on the other side of the globe that contain ruins of the GS civilization, or some refugees may have survived and passed down knowledge that gradually became adapted into myths and legends of present-day Elanthia-- i.e. the "Mottled Tyxt", etc, even some of the gods may have at one time been heros and mortals that became embellished over time similar to some of the stories in Greek and Roman mythology.

You look around and decide that this isn't the best place to be fingerwaggling
Re: Did you Ever Wonder... 03/21/2003 12:38 PM CST
>Most people don't know this, but Elanthia is FLAT, but it does have two sides. One side is called Gemstone III, and one side is called Dragon Realms. To this day, no one has figured a way to travel from one side to the other without falling off.

Not true! For the low low price of $12.95 you can travel to the other side of Elanthia. Of course, you'll have to start again as a novice....

-Laelia JS
Re: Did you Ever Wonder... 03/21/2003 01:59 PM CST
<Try spelling it correctly Grazhir... might find more info.>
Forgot your colon- maybe some more fiber?
*"Try spelling it correctly: Grazhir... " is correct.
Now, other than nit-picking, anyone have some ideas. If not, I'll renew the quest and see what comes up from the murk with spelling and coffee.
Thanks for the help,
Jerevth
Re: Did you Ever Wonder... 03/21/2003 02:06 PM CST
I think rather than being nit-picky, that post was pointing out that on the internet, if you're going to search for something, having the correct spelling is a good first step in the right direction.

And on that note-- try doing searches on Google. So long as you keep in mind that player websites may or may not be accurate, you can find tons of information about almost anything in DR.
Re: Did you Ever Wonder... 03/21/2003 02:56 PM CST
Cleric guild library, book entitled The World Dragon, or I think there's a chapter about it in Immortals.

Steel.

"Gotta kick it to darkness til it bleeds daylight" - The Barenaked Ladies.
Re: Did you Ever Wonder... 03/21/2003 03:08 PM CST
Exacly... my point was simply if you were searching for info on Ghrazir... I wouldn't expect you to find much. <shrugs> Try and be helpful.

-Mozzk
Re: Did you Ever Wonder... 03/22/2003 07:30 AM CST
From Google:

Your search - Ghrazir - did not match any documents.
No pages were found containing "ghrazir".

and...

Searched the web for Grazhir. Results 1 - 10 of about 411. Search took 0.14 seconds.

Just 'cause I was bored.

Tam
-There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Re: Did you Ever Wonder... 03/22/2003 08:19 AM CST
Sorry Mozzk,
my smart ass detection was in overdrive.
*Kneels to receive the boots to the head*
Thanks all for the suggestions and now for some light reading.
Re: Did you Ever Wonder... 03/22/2003 10:11 AM CST
Well something I did notice in the GS3 timeline was that the Ur-daemons came from another plane of existance and lately there have been attacks from Shadwomasters, which are from another plane. Kharzen spoke of the Abyss but I have no clue of what or where that is. Now, if real dragons come back, it might be to help fight the Shadowmasters/Ur-daemons but I think the dragon references refer to Lanival.

*Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't.*
Re: Did you Ever Wonder... 03/22/2003 10:13 AM CST
Also, if Kharzen is one of the sunderers of Maelshyvve, wouldnt that make him a sorcerer of necromancer?

*Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't.*
Re: Did you Ever Wonder... 03/22/2003 10:17 AM CST
Sunderer is a 125th(or so) Cleric title.

He does seem to resemble a Dark Elf, from what I remember of him.

Sorcerers aren't associated with Maelshyve, much. It's Dark Elves that layed the smackdown, there. ::grins::

-Chris, player of Mad Mage Kilan

Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is...
Re: Did you Ever Wonder... 03/22/2003 10:55 AM CST
<<Well something I did notice in the GS3 timeline was that the Ur-daemons came from another plane of existance and lately there have been attacks from Shadwomasters...>>

In GS III history, it was the Ur-daemon war that killed off the dragons. Very few dragons survived survived the Ur-daemon war, and those few that did survive either went mad or went into hiding. With the dragons gone, the arkati (the dragons' servants) ascended to the "gods" of elanthia. So, if these shadowmasters are Ur-daemons, we can kiss the world as we know it goodbye. Might as well pay the 12.95 to go to the other flat side of Elanthia before this one becomes Ur-daemon Realms.
Re: Did you Ever Wonder... 03/22/2003 10:59 AM CST
Just as a reminder, though...the dragons won that war, which means that they stomped the Ur-daemons pretty hard, even though they took a huge number of casualties themselves. I'd lay odds on the Shadowmasters being lesser demons...and of course, one has to wonder about something. How have the powers of mortals changed over the hundred thousand years or so since the time of the dragons? How about our current crop of gods compared to what they had back then? It might well be that the situation would be entirely different this time around...or that this world just wouldn't present an attractive target to them anymore.

Re: Did you Ever Wonder... 03/22/2003 11:08 AM CST
Drakes, not dragons. ::grins::

The Arkati named Koar(King of the Gods) is believed, by some, to be the last of the Drakes.

-Chris

Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is...
Re: Did you Ever Wonder... 03/22/2003 04:25 PM CST
<<Just as a reminder, though...the dragons won that war, which means that they stomped the Ur-daemons pretty hard...>

They were driven back and the portal closed, but the dragons barely won. From GS III history:

"It seems to have lasted for at least several generations, as such were counted by our own ancestors, a span of at least a thousand years. In the end, the Ur-Daemons were driven back, making a final stand before the portal leading back to their own dimension. This final battle blasted the landscape for hundreds of miles, leaving it barren and lifeless.

The drakes had won, but they had also lost. Most of their number had been slain in the conflict, and many others had been driven mad by an emotion none had known before - fear. Drake rule was shattered forever.

Though lesser in number and weaker than their ancient brethren, the few dragons that survive today have not lost their appetites, and are still the most powerful and feared creatures on Elanthia."

http://www.play.net/gs3/info/tomes/official-elanthian-history.asp
Re: Did you Ever Wonder... 03/22/2003 04:31 PM CST
<<Drakes, not dragons. ::grins:: >>

Actually, the official history lists both.

"I. A. The Rule of Dragonkind
From the dawn of time, none challenged the dragons. Intelligent, savage, and with powers beyond what men now name as gods, the drakes called all of Elanthia their own."

Jaig
Re: Did you Ever Wonder... 03/23/2003 08:55 PM CST
>something-ness

I think I just found my new favorite word.

Steel.

"Gotta kick it to darkness til it bleeds daylight" - Bruce Cockburn, who must have been made fun of a lot in high school.
Re: Did you Ever Wonder... 03/23/2003 09:04 PM CST
Silmarillion flashbacks!

Steel.

"Gotta kick it to darkness til it bleeds daylight" - Bruce Cockburn, who must have been made fun of a lot in high school.
Re: Did you Ever Wonder... 04/06/2003 01:04 PM CDT
Oh yeah another clue about the location and the connection between GSIII and DR is a remote but possible one. I noticed a while back while browsing their beastiary a race of creatures called the Shan. This may be the precursors to the Rakash. Somehow when Katamba was burned they started to lose their permenant wolf-like state.

Just a hunch.

Vandread

"Oderint dum metuant."