***** or *****
Healer Adagia Eater of the Dead
***** or *****
Healer Adagia Recylcler
***** or *****
Healer Adagia FleshEater

~Um, guess who
Re: Coveted titles and no, I'm not kidding. 02/23/2003 12:47 AM CST
You scare me child..and that is pretty hard to do.
Re: Coveted titles and no, I'm not kidding. 02/23/2003 10:03 PM CST
<<
When the bards guild was created, people wern't allowed to "convert" to the new guild.
>>

Actually... I think people did. My memory is not 100% from so long ago about something that meant so little to me (the bard guild), but I think some/any characters were allowed to basically keep their ranks and change guilds for a limited time. Dreamheart, for example, definitely was a barbarian until the bard guild was fired up, and then she was suddenly a bard who could teach evasion to my barb and otherwise fight really well for awhile. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's how it went. Someone else must remember better than me.

I'm not saying that's how it should go now with the new guilds, whatever they might be and whenever they might show up; I'm not speculating about any of that.
Re: Coveted titles and no, I'm not kidding. 02/23/2003 10:13 PM CST
>> Actually... I think people did. My memory is not 100% from so long ago about something that meant so little to me (the bard guild), but I think some/any characters were allowed to basically keep their ranks and change guilds for a limited time.

It may have been...I wasn't there at the time, but from some of the older bards i've talked to, Many of them had to live life as a commoner and were waiting. So, if there was a convertion, it could have happend, especially since it was pay per hour and you really didn't have that much time to go through and train all over again (when you had 1 character unless you had other access ways, like a second aol SN). Now though, there is basically unlimited time, and ways to train just about anything except magic without being in a guild.

Dark Angel Crusinix

"Lonely are the wise, Alone are the Brave, Quiet are the Strong, Disconnected are the philisophical and cold are the logical"
Re: Coveted titles and no, I'm not kidding. 02/23/2003 10:19 PM CST
<< Dreamheart, for example, definitely was a barbarian until the bard guild was fired up, and then she was suddenly a bard who could teach evasion to my barb and otherwise fight really well for awhile. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's how it went. Someone else must remember better than me.>>

Dreamheart was most definitely a commoner until the Bard Guild opened. :)

She may have been a Barb at some point (although I don't think that's the case) but she was a commoner for a VERY long long long time up until the guild opened.

Solomon

Vote for DragonRealms as the #1 MUD every day!

http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=drealms
Re: Coveted titles and no, I'm not kidding. 02/24/2003 05:35 AM CST
>>Dreamheart was most definitely a commoner until the Bard Guild opened. :)

>>She may have been a Barb at some point (although I don't think that's the case) but she was a commoner for a VERY long long long time up until the guild opened.

I'd have to agree with your recollection, Solomon.

I can't remember her ever being a barbarian, maybe someone just typoed "bard" as "barb" in conversation once?

-pete
Re: Coveted titles and no, I'm not kidding. 02/24/2003 08:14 AM CST
There was a Dreamweaver that I think was a Barbarian. Perhaps that's the confusion. Dreamheart was a commoner while the Bard guild was being worked on. Whatever happened to Dream?

-Merdell's player
Re: Coveted titles and no, I'm not kidding. 02/24/2003 04:02 PM CST
<<There was a Dreamweaver that I think was a Barbarian. Perhaps that's the confusion. Dreamheart was a commoner while the Bard guild was being worked on. Whatever happened to Dream?

-Merdell's player >>

Actually, both were long-term commoners while waiting (im)patiently for the bard guild to open. Though if I recall correctly, Dreamy was the first to snag ranks in music lore and begin teaching it to the rest of us, some time before the guild opened.

Anfindel