Test Instance Information 03/31/2008 02:13 PM CDT
Just some quick information regarding the test servers for everyone.

If you log on, and your character is corrupt in the test server, don't worry. It won't affect your Prime version of the character. Unfortunately, the in-game staff, billing office and feedback won't be able to assist you in restoring the test version of your character, this is just a limitation of this being a test situation.

If you find you cannot access the test server at all, just call or email billing. You can reach billing at access@simutronics.com or Monday through Friday from 1-9 EDT at (636)925-3172 - just give your account information and let them know that you need access to the test server for your game. You won't have access to your prime character, because those need to be specially imported by the technical staff, but you can at least create a new character and mess around. That's testing too! :)

Thanks!

Solomon

"Beat me, whip me, maintain my mindstate at sub-optimal levels!"
http://www.myspace.com/simutronicsdragonrealms
Re: Test Instance Information 03/31/2008 04:09 PM CDT
Bubba, what's the connection info? It's not on the publicly available list of games provided in the Simutronics connection functionality for third-party FEs like ZMud, but we can still enter our own to connect to special-access servers (ie, test instance, Dev instance if staff policy allows for 3rd-party FEs (does not according to random discussions in GS forums?), etc) like in the old days before the Zuggsoft deal. I think I really only need the DR? tag (Prime = DR, Plat = DRX, Fallen = DRF, Test = DR?), but the name and port wouldn't hurt either (prime/plat/fallen are all eaccess.plat.net and port 7900 so I don't see why you'd have something different for other instances).

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Test Instance Information 03/31/2008 05:07 PM CDT

The test instance gift bags should be dropped in prime to see the hording/rare item economy go boom. On the other hand, I flinch at the thought of those snake charms etc being all over.

I did find a lot of sympathy for new players starting DR though by rolling up a new ranger, scouting is evil. And thats with experiance in this game. Need to try it again with full help on to see if EB is spoken about as a free spell to train magic with... Hopefully the new copy of me is at level so I can find new ways to kill myself safely. Well, safer.

P.S. I'm assuming we shouln't try messing with the LTB part of the game? As thats based on account, not character.

-Cordin
Beware the Stobor!
Re: Test Instance Information 03/31/2008 06:24 PM CDT
I can't log in, I'm getting internal testing. So will we have access later?

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: Test Instance Information 03/31/2008 06:38 PM CDT
This is the message I'm getting by the way: The game is up but access to it has been restricted for internal testing. DragonRealms Test is closed for internal testing. Please try back later.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: Test Instance Information 03/31/2008 09:28 PM CDT
Test is DRT. Go figure
Re: Test Instance Information 03/31/2008 09:52 PM CDT
Hmm, must've been down then. All I had gotten was an empty list of characters. At least now it's down and I know for sure. ;\

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Test Instance Information 03/31/2008 10:36 PM CDT
if our character for prime is available to be used in the test instance, but we still create a new character, just in the test instance, are we charged?

~Artilius