Forging in Testing 03/31/2008 09:28 AM CDT
I'm really enjoying the 64 bit testing stage. It's a lot of fun!

Because it is an instance that doesn't affect how the real game is run, is there any chance I could have a kertig bar or some other exotic metal to do some forging experiments in testing? :D

I'm correct in assuming that anything I do with my money, equipment, or Eeary in that testing stage will not affect the actual game's money, equipment, or Eeary, right? Like if I randomly gave someone 500 plat, for example, I won't suddenly lose 500 plat in the real instance after the testing stage is gone.

Thanks!

-Paladin Eeary Kakler
Re: Forging in Testing 03/31/2008 09:36 AM CDT
Eeary,

The test instance is a direct copy of your character...You can walk Eeary and your prime character would be ok...First make sure yer in the test instance before you walk...Why forge when you can go trash your soul or hunt something you normally wouldnt.

I believe they already said no to adding rare metals to the test instance.

Crusader Taghz

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother...", William Shakespeare.
Re: Forging in Testing 03/31/2008 09:38 AM CDT
>>Why forge when you can go trash your soul or hunt something you normally wouldnt.

That's true and a good point. I'm just interested in how some exotic metal stuff would come out. Maybe I'll ask around to anyone that will give me some of their metals.

>>I believe they already said no to adding rare metals to the test instance.

I must have missed that post, thanks Taghz!

-Eeary
Re: Forging in Testing 03/31/2008 01:10 PM CDT
Well...you forge in the test instance to be sure to test...forging...This will expose any bugs in that area of the game.

Wanderer Larze

Movies count because they are based on real life which imitates art which then gets spoofed by bad art which then is imitated by real life and gave us the state of Florida. - GODKIN
Re: Forging in Testing 03/31/2008 02:14 PM CDT
Problem is Forging has enough bugs already...Look at fitting, zinc, and etc...

Crusader Taghz

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother...", William Shakespeare.
Re: Forging in Testing 03/31/2008 04:04 PM CDT
>>I'm correct in assuming that anything I do with my money, equipment, or Eeary in that testing stage will not affect the actual game's money, equipment, or Eeary, right?

Correct, except in regards to getting warnings/LOs/etc. Don't break policy in the Test instance, but if you really feel the need to try ask for a clarification first.

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html