Auto-Sneak in SF? 02/25/2008 06:46 AM CST
I just switched from Wizard (yea, I'm way behind) and the biggest thing I'm missing (Other than a stun indicator for non combat stuns) is the auto-sneak feature when hidden. Where can I go to turn this on?
Re: Auto-Sneak in SF? 02/25/2008 12:47 PM CST
Unfortunately DR does not support this feature in stormfront. :(

Gemstone has gotten around it by enabling it on the game itself (for MOVE, iirc).
Re: Auto-Sneak in SF? 02/25/2008 12:54 PM CST
>>Unfortunately DR does not support this feature in stormfront. :(

To elaborate, you'll have to set a macro for it. Personally, I set it for SHIFT+[NUMPAD key I use for movement].

For example, macro SHIFT+4 is set to:

\xsneak w\r

You just have to remember to hit it every time.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Auto-Sneak in SF? 02/25/2008 03:32 PM CST
Also the autodrag feature can be accessed by setting the macro
Cntrl+keynum4 to \xdrag %body w\r

with the complimentary simple script
drag
setvariable body %1
end

Don't know if there's a way to use a script to default macro sets. If there is, that'd be useful.

>>--Shnurui>
Re: Auto-Sneak in SF? 02/25/2008 03:37 PM CST
All I have to say is... lame. Back to the wizard for me, as I don't have a numpad to use for directional navigation on my laptop.
Re: Auto-Sneak in SF? 02/25/2008 03:47 PM CST
USB add-a-pad 12$ most shops, including wally whirld. And an external mouse would still be usefull.

But you will miss out on the scripting tools SF will provide.

>>--Shnurui-->
Re: Auto-Sneak in SF? 02/25/2008 05:10 PM CST
If you want to go one more level in complexity when you set it up, here's another approach that works very nicely and easily, with fewer keystrokes than the others. The secret is to set the normal keypad values using a variable %move_string%, and use a few tiny scripts that redefine this variable on the fly. Then assign those scripts to other keys on the keypad. You just have to remember to hit those buttons when you switch modes.

keypad 1: /x%move_string% sw/r
keypad 2: /x%move_string% s/r
keypad 3: /x%move_string% se/r

etc etc.

Then have a bunch of little scripts:

#sneak
setvariable move_string sneak

#drag <player or item>
setvariable move_string "drag %1%"

#go
setvariable move_string

.go defines move*_*string as an empty string for normal movement. You have to run .go once before using the "smart" keypad values since SF treats calls to undefined variables as a straight echo of the variable name, with the %'s.

Now to finish, assign the numpad arithemetic characters to call these scripts. So instead of typing out a lot of junk you just tap a key on the numpad to switch modes.

keypad +: \x.go\r
keypad -: \x.sneak\r
keypad *: \x.drag

There's a space after "drag" in the last one and no return so you can input the thing you're dragging before you hit enter.

~ Player of Farman et al.

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Main_Page