Keypads and front ends 01/06/2007 11:14 PM CST
Well I'll try this here first, and if it's no longer watched, I'll try Gen. Disc.

I just switched positions at work - shifting from a position without about 2% travel to one with about 60%. For a couple months I've been telling myself I'll finally have time to reliably play again once I've moved (and tonight I found out all my scripts are locally stored on a desktop that I won't have access to until my new home is ready.)

Regardless, I bought a keypad for my laptop, as using the function key is annoying. And I find that SF doesn't recognize the keys as keypad entries, with NumLock on or off.

Before I spend seven hours troubleshooting, has anyone encountered this, and what were the results? I can buy another brand if one is known to work.
Re: Keypads and front ends 01/06/2007 11:22 PM CST
Does SF recognize the buttons at all? If it does, just re-set the macros to the keys that it recognizes when you press the button. To do that, go to 'options', click 'macros', and then click 'create', just like normal. Press the key that you want to bind to, say, 's', and if it gets recognized, proceed as normal.

If not, I haven't the foggiest idea.

-Durnil
Re: Keypads and front ends 01/06/2007 11:40 PM CST
Good idea.

This revealed that SF recognizes the keypresses as standard 1-0 number presses, as in the top of the keyboard. I'm not currently willing to give those up to my macros (deposit leftright lirums??) and even if I was, SF won't let me. Conversely, keypad numberic presses are recognized by keypad in front of the number

This tells me that it's part hardware. I'm going to dig around hardware settings over the next few days, see if I can change what the presses are being recognized as, but can anyone indicate if they've found a keypad that works? I can't be the only traveller.

For the record it's a Kensington Pocket USB keypad.

No hurry - I found out tonight all my scripts are on my desktop, which is in storage. I didn't know I was storing them locally.

>>Durnil Said:
Does SF recognize the buttons at all? If it does, just re-set the macros to the keys that it recognizes when you press the button. To do that, go to 'options', click 'macros', and then click 'create', just like normal. Press the key that you want to bind to, say, 's', and if it gets recognized, proceed as normal.

If not, I haven't the foggiest idea.

-Durnil