stormfront and stalking 04/01/2006 07:32 PM CST
is there a way to auto-stalk with SF?
Re: stormfront and stalking 04/01/2006 07:54 PM CST
Nope. Thanks for "upgrading".

What I do is map stalks to Alt-Numpad, which seems to be the most popular fix. You can also write a script which adjusts your movement method on the fly, but that can be troublesome.

Arcelebor

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
PSA - Sakhara's definition of RP (like many things) is erroneous
Re: stormfront and stalking 04/02/2006 04:50 PM CDT
<<What I do is map stalks to Alt-Numpad

how do I go about doing that?
Re: stormfront and stalking 04/02/2006 05:56 PM CDT
Options\Macros

Set Alt-Numpad2 to "sneak south\r", Alt-Numpad3 to "sneak southeast\r", etc.

Arcelebor

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
PSA - Sakhara's definition of RP (like many things) is erroneous
Re: stormfront and stalking 04/02/2006 06:54 PM CDT
>>*Set Alt-Numpad2 to "sneak south\r", Alt-Numpad3 to "sneak southeast\r", etc.

Better yet, throw a \x infront. "\xsneak south\r" This will get rid of anything that was inadvertantly put into the intput bar.

"I grew up in Europe, where the history comes from."
- Eddie Izzard
Re: stormfront and stalking 04/03/2006 08:45 AM CDT
<<\xsneak south\r

what is the "\r" for?

<<Better yet, throw a \x infront. "\xsneak south\r" This will get rid of anything that was inadvertantly put into the intput bar.

what do you mean "This will get rid of anything that was inadvertantly put into the intput bar"? how would something get INADVERTANTLY put in there? sorry for all the questions but, I wanna learn so I can do this stuff too. :)
Re: stormfront and stalking 04/03/2006 08:56 AM CDT
"\x" clears the input line so for instance you were talking to your spose in whispers when you suddenly need to sneak off half way in teh middel of typing a long sentance. instead of you whispering a half sentasneak sw, you clear the line and sneak.

the "\r" tells the Front end to actually send teh command to the serever instead of just placing it in teh imput line for to to press enter. "get shoe" as a macro just places get shoe on the input line, "get shoe\r" sends the command to the game.

"@" can also be used to place teh curse in a specific spot in teh input line i use it for "\xget my lockpick\rpick my @ with my lockpick" so i hit teh macro and i automatically get my lockpick out and it's ready for me to just type in the box type (coffer, casket, trunk, ect.)

there are a few other macro symbols but i forget them at the moment

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: stormfront and stalking 04/03/2006 09:13 AM CDT
thank you very much for the info. I'm learning something already today! any one else know more of the macro symbols? and, maybe any other neat little things you can do with SF?
Re: stormfront and stalking 04/03/2006 12:01 PM CDT
There are a couple more you may want to try. I am not sure if they work in SF but they are valid for the Wiz.

\? Prompts for a string to replace the ? in each instance. IE Get \?\rput \? in my backpack\r
\p Puts a one second pause.

?1997 Simutronics Corporation. All rights reserved.

"I grew up in Europe, where the history comes from."
- Eddie Izzard
Re: stormfront and stalking 04/03/2006 12:54 PM CDT
>I am not sure if they work in SF but they are valid for the Wiz.

They do

-Durnil