Prev_page Previous 1 3 4 5 6
Stormfront 07/08/2004 08:05 PM CDT
I am sure a lot of hard work went into it..
and I like the graphic that comes up when it loads ...beyond that...not liking it at all.
My scripts just won't import into it and a number of other problems. Is there a time soon when we will be Required to use it to get in game?
mel's befuddled player
Re: Stormfront 07/08/2004 08:12 PM CDT
No, you can still use the Wizard if you want. The Stormfront is just extra (and really it was developed for GS, DR just supports it).

It does take some getting used to. Personally I love the health/mana bars, others hate it. It's one less command I have to type to check my status. I had to go in and edit the skins to move the compass though, that was my major gripe.

Windreaper
-Facta Non Verba, Deeds Not Words
Re: Stormfront 07/08/2004 08:12 PM CDT
>>Is there a time soon when we will be Required to use it to get in game?<<

You'll never be required to use SotrmFront. You can continue using the Wizard, eScape, Java, or any third party client (zMud, Genie, etc) that you've used before if you prefer to.

GameMaster Risek
Thief Development Assistant
What you think is real is your reality. - Robert Kiyosaki
Re: Stormfront 07/08/2004 08:17 PM CDT
what I miss from Wizard:
-Typing a letter in script box to get to the script I want
-scroll wheel support in all boxes
-multiple boxes for macros, sorted from pure, shift, control, alt
-being able to move stuff around, I'm used to my direction icon to be on the bottom left
-quick buttons!
-direct link to notes and message board
-drag box

What I like:
-health bar
-mana bar
-more colors

I guess I'll keep the Wizard until it's no longer supported.
Re: Stormfront 07/08/2004 08:17 PM CDT
Hey Windreaper you wanna post a screenshot of your skin and possibly put it up for download? I can host em if you want, AIM: GhettoDRSmurf
Re: Stormfront 07/08/2004 08:20 PM CDT
Totally agree Wind. If they had made the compass movable, able to be reduced in size, and be able to change the color on the thing I wouldnt have much to gripe on about SF. Would like the little man icon to be movable of course. But that's just me. I like to have maximum flexiblity in arranging things to suit me.

If I havent mentioned it thanks for looking into making the compass color changable. Is there anyway to make it have the options the main window does? ::grins::: Might as well ask to see if its possible.

Bluefalcon
Re: Stormfront 07/08/2004 08:23 PM CDT
He has them on a website allready, Its ummmm http://soldoursoultoplay.net/stormfrontfess.htm

Bluefalcon hoping Wind doesnt get to mad at him.
Stormfront Assistance 07/08/2004 09:48 PM CDT
I am willing to donate a bit of time to people if you have some questions about Stormfront. I am by no means an expert, but I have figured out most of the basics.

This interface is too damn good for you to walk away.

Even if you don't want to ask me anything, let me give 2 tips:

1) Importing Scripts. I gave step by step instructions here: https://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=1&topic=2&message=19200

2) Not feeling comfotable. Make it look as much like the wizard as possible. Close all the windows you don't normally use. Basically drop down to the Wizard + status bars. That should help.

If you want to ask me something directly, IM me at ElriicDR

You gesture at Vaschon.
A bolt of bluish lightning blazes out of the sky towards Vaschon!
The bolt blasts through the head in an explosion of mangled, smoky flesh!
Roundtime: 2 seconds.
Vaschon turns its tail to the sky for the last time.
Re: Stormfront 07/08/2004 09:56 PM CDT
<<My scripts just won't import into it and a number of other problems.

What have you done to try and import the scripts? I just tested on one of my NPC bodies and it worked normally. :) Tell me what you've tried and I'll try to help out. StormFront really is an awesome program. The hardest part about it is getting things set up, but once you've done that it's a blast.

Also, what other problems have you had?

AGM Zadraes
Premium/Platinum Assistant
Re: Stormfront 07/08/2004 10:06 PM CDT
Okay here's my dumb question about Stormfront settings. I was okay with this during testing, but now that everyone's in dr2 it's driving me crazy. Is there any option that corresponds to the Wizard's 'compress incoming linefeeds'? All that wasted space is just so.... wasteful! Not to mention I have so many fewer lines on my screen cause of the mandatory stuff on top and bottom, everything goes by too fast to read (and I'm a FAST reader).

~Raycha

"I think perhaps the website dislikes me. Whatever, I dislike it back! Take that website!" -Smegul

"Certainly some of the current RPers would have pretty good Oral skill if things were properly kept track." -Zairius
Stormfront Bug 07/08/2004 11:25 PM CDT
Ok, I'll try and describe this bug as best I can, so bear with me!

I am running Windows XP, and I have my taskbar up on the bottom of the screen all the time. I clicked on the Stormfront box down at the bottom to minimize it, and it did so. When I wanted to maximize it again by clicking on the Stormfront box, it ONLY brought up my Story window, and I was unable to type in any text or see the command bar at the bottom. The only way around this was to right-click on the Stormfront box on my taskbar, and click Restore.

Not a major bug, and I'm not sure if it's with my system or not, but just thought I'd let someone know.

~ Phangor
Re: Stormfront Bug 07/09/2004 12:53 AM CDT
I have noticed something similar but I haven't nailed down exactly what causes it yet.

The bug I am seeing is that if you have SF maximized on your monitor, and you then minimize Stormfront by clicking on the SF app button in XP's task bar, when you click on the app button again it doesn't maximize, sometimes it opens in a smaller window. This behavior is different than expected and different from any other app I have ever used.
Re: Stormfront Bug 07/09/2004 11:55 AM CDT
<<The bug I am seeing is that if you have SF maximized on your monitor, and you then minimize Stormfront by clicking on the SF app button in XP's task bar, when you click on the app button again it doesn't maximize, sometimes it opens in a smaller window. This behavior is different than expected and different from any other app I have ever used.>>

Yup THREEPHI, that is exactly what I was trying to describe. I think you did a better job at it than me. :)

~ Phangor
FAQ: How do I Auto Log in Stormfront? 07/09/2004 02:41 PM CDT
Open up the 'Windows' List
Click on the little 'disk' next to the word Story.
SF will open a file dialog.
Enter a name of the file you want to save and hit open. It'll increment the file name by 1 number every time you open the program from now on.
If you want to log the different windows, just click the disks next to each name.

You're done ;)

Credit goes to the queen of Logs Tyrathia for figuring this out.

You gesture at Vaschon.
A bolt of bluish lightning blazes out of the sky towards Vaschon!
The bolt blasts through the head in an explosion of mangled, smoky flesh!
Roundtime: 2 seconds.
Vaschon turns its tail to the sky for the last time.
Re: Stormfront 07/09/2004 07:04 PM CDT
<<wasteful! Not to mention I have so many fewer lines on my screen cause of the mandatory stuff on top and bottom,>>

I made a skin that has most of the top bar removed(just enough space for the options and macros buttons), the hands have been moved to the bottom and are as thin as the stamina/mana bar normally is. It all takes up very little room, the down side is that the hands are only going to work right in one resolution. It's at the site below.

Moon Mage Stuff: http://members.aol.com/masterm05/dragonrealms/index.html
Re: Stormfront 07/09/2004 08:59 PM CDT
Masterm,

I love the skin but why right hand on left? That and I would rather have normally sized hands anyway, even if they take up the bottom. I'll play around and see what I can do.
Re: Stormfront 07/09/2004 09:07 PM CDT
>I love the skin but why right hand on left?

I always put the right hand on the left too, it feels more natural. You read from left to right, and you start by picking stuff up with the right hand, so it makes sense to have the right hand on the left :)

Apu
Re: Stormfront 07/09/2004 10:00 PM CDT
>>You read from left to right, and you start by picking stuff up with the right hand, so it makes sense to have the right hand on the left

I prefer it the other way. Everyon ehas their own preferences though.

Brabs

Fighting with a bunch of archers in Geni.

"Hey, it's shoot GENI, not shoot GEN!"

Ambassador Genneron, of M'riss
[Arcath] "Public Service Announcement: Please shoot at the archers and not at Arcath"
Re: Stormfront 07/09/2004 11:26 PM CDT
<<why right hand on left?>>

What Apu said.
When I'm holding something it normally needs to be in my right hand, unless it's a shield, and my eyes are normally focused on the left side of the screen.

I'll make another one with the health/mana bar where the hands are, and full sized hands where the health/mana bar is. Doing that though, the policy/news/forum thing would be taking up space again, and I doubt I have the web space to upload it to at the moment.

How do you feel about right hand on top of the left hand, a bit smaller than normal, so that combained they have the height of the status bar? That's how I did it on the Wizard, and I could make one of those as well. (But still have the problem of lack of space at the moment.)

Re: Stormfront 07/09/2004 11:34 PM CDT
>I'll make another one with the health/mana bar where the hands are, and full sized hands where the health/mana bar is. Doing that though, the policy/news/forum thing would be taking up space again, and I doubt I have the web space to upload it to at the moment.

You might want to think about uploading the skins in zip format. That'll save considerable server space and also help out us poor folks logging in on our girlfriend's lame dial-up <g>.
Re: Stormfront 07/09/2004 11:40 PM CDT
<<You might want to think about uploading the skins in zip format.>>

Very could idea. ::ponders why he didn't think of that::

Re: Stormfront 07/10/2004 11:26 AM CDT
>>Apu>>I always put the right hand on the left too, it feels more natural. You read from left to right, and you start by picking stuff up with the right hand, so it makes sense to have the right hand on the left :)

Same here. One of the small annoyances I have with Genie ... they have it left-right instead of right-left and you can't move them. <flail>

~~~Krin
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
"Goblins ... aisle 6, Mycthengelde ... hunt smart, hunt S-Mart!"
"You whine like a mule ... you are still alive!"
"Call me Snake."
Stormfront for Mac 07/10/2004 11:50 AM CDT
I've been out of it for awhile, and I just wanted to know if there were any plans to make a Mac version of Stormfront.
Re: Stormfront for Mac 07/10/2004 11:59 AM CDT
>>I've been out of it for awhile, and I just wanted to know if there were any plans to make a Mac version of Stormfront.

No.

However, there is in progress (full information available on the Simutronics forum, in the Mac FE board) a serious update for the Mac Wizard, for Mac OS X, by a GS GM hired specifically for the job, name of Ethereal.

Hopefully, the public beta test will be available sometime in the actual near future, and the backwards compatibility for current Mac Wizard users should be fairly high, and the new features rock. Enough that there is a series of posts over in the GS forums, in their Mac FE boards, about someone who attended the pre-release seminar at SimuCon this year who is strongly tempted to get a Mac just to use the new FE when it comes out.

~Kyn (Kynevon)

Kynevon's DR Links Page: http://kynevon.info/index.html
Mac OS X FE: http://www.simucon2004.com/~kynevon/DragonRealms/WaveFront.zip
DR2/Stormfront xml stream 07/10/2004 08:45 PM CDT
I am getting a prompt about every 10 seconds or so, which I assume is part of the streaming data the game sends to keep stormfront updated on the fly. Any way this can be turned off? It's getting to be rather annoying having 15+ prompts on one line...

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: DR2/Stormfront xml stream 07/10/2004 09:15 PM CDT
>I am getting a prompt about every 10 seconds or so, which I assume is part of the streaming data the game sends to keep stormfront updated on the fly. Any way this can be turned off? It's getting to be rather annoying having 15+ prompts on one line...

You're getting a prompt on the same line?
Like:
> > > > >> ???

-Sukair

"Nevertheless, history no longer matters here -- in things that have happened and things that will happen and things that are happening. Elanthia is dying."
Re: DR2/Stormfront xml stream 07/10/2004 09:46 PM CDT
Yep. Oh, in case it matters to know this, I want to make clear that I'm not using Stormfront (I prefer ZMud).

Also, it's perfectly spaced like so:

> > > > > > > >

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: DR2/Stormfront xml stream 07/10/2004 09:49 PM CDT
Does ZMud support the XML protocol StormFront uses, or is it still using the GS tag protocol that the Wizard uses?

-Sukair

"Nevertheless, history no longer matters here -- in things that have happened and things that will happen and things that are happening. Elanthia is dying."
Re: DR2/Stormfront xml stream 07/10/2004 10:46 PM CDT
I think I found the problem. I appear to be getting two GSL codes for prompts, GSq####### (this one appears to be sent with every piece of game messaging) and GSPGHU (this one appears to match the extra prompts I posted about). The PGHU one is likely something new to help with tieing into the datastream, and probably is something unsupported by ZMud version 6.62. If not, can anyone tell me what they're for?

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: Stormfront 07/11/2004 05:21 AM CDT
<<How do you feel about right hand on top of the left hand, a bit smaller than normal, so that combained they have the height of the status bar?

Personally, I'l like the option to hide the that third hand, move the macro and option bars to the bottom, (Where they are out of the way until you need them), move the compass up to the top right, be able to make the compass a lot smaller, and be able to change the color of the compass. When I'm traveling I'm used to looking up at the top of the screen.

I'm using the one of the ones that Windreaper has made, its better for me than the default skin.

I've looked at the program to write the skins, but the documentation and help options on that prgram are poor. If I could figure out how to do use the program I could make the skin do what I want it to do, but because the documentation is so poor you have to have used the program already before you cna figure out what you need to do.

Bluefalcon
Stormfront skins, status bar and compass 07/14/2004 04:29 PM CDT
Does anyone know how to get the status bar to function if you move it from the bottom to the top using the skin builder program?

Ash
Re: Stormfront skins, status bar and compass 07/14/2004 05:23 PM CDT
I can get it to work just fine. Just adjust the Visual in the StatusIcon object group, under Preview->BottomBar.

-Ranik
Re: Stormfront skins, status bar and compass 07/14/2004 05:37 PM CDT
Heh, I'm an idiot. I tried that once before but didn't think it worked because I had put it behind something else...<g>. Thanks for the info.

I got it moved to the top, only problem is now it shows me diseased and bleeding constantly. Any ideas?

Ash
Re: Stormfront skins, status bar and compass 07/14/2004 05:58 PM CDT
Bleeding constantly eh? Sounds like some object is pulling the images out of status_sample where it shouldn't. Check everything that calls that image under Background. I'd have to see it myself or see yer skin file to know for sure.

-Ranik
Re: Stormfront skins, status bar and compass 07/14/2004 06:01 PM CDT
Ah, I had no idea you could do stuff like that under background. I'm basically muddling my way through this program, I've never messed with any skins before.

I'll give this a shot and see what I can do with it, thanks.

Ash
Re: Stormfront skins, status bar and compass 07/14/2004 07:38 PM CDT
I ran into that problem too when I was experimenting. It resets itself correctly if you actually get diseased/poisoned/bleeding, then stop, but it always shows the first time you log in. I havn't been able to correct it, but only looked at it briefly.

Windreaper
-Facta Non Verba, Deeds Not Words
Re: Stormfront skins, status bar and compass 07/14/2004 10:26 PM CDT
Ok, so I've moved(cut and pasted within project tree) the compass and status icons to the "top area" skin object and moved the macro and options pulldown boxes to the bottombar object. Everything looks good in the preview, but when I try to run SF I get a slew of pop ups saying its unable to locate these various objects and do I want to use default skin? Can someone help please? My IM is KelyanWM if there's anyone willing to give a quick tutorial.

Kelyan
Re: Stormfront skins, status bar and compass 07/15/2004 12:11 AM CDT
>Ok, so I've moved(cut and pasted within project tree) the compass and status icons to the "top area" skin object and moved the macro and options pulldown boxes to the bottombar object. Everything looks good in the preview, but when I try to run SF I get a slew of pop ups saying its unable to locate these various objects and do I want to use default skin? Can someone help please? My IM is KelyanWM if there's anyone willing to give a quick tutorial.

Unfortunately it's not that simple. The game code requires that certain objects in the SF skin stay in certain parts of the display, or they won't work. You can however in most but not all cases just move the item without changing it's 'parent' item by using the 'visual' property, which controls placement. There are keyboard shortcuts to nudge objects around, and you can also use the mouse to drag things.
Re: Stormfront skins, status bar and compass 07/15/2004 09:38 AM CDT
>Unfortunately it's not that simple. The game code requires that certain objects in the SF skin stay in certain parts of the display, or they won't work. You can however in most but not all cases just move the item without changing it's 'parent' item by using the 'visual' property, which controls placement. There are keyboard shortcuts to nudge objects around, and you can also use the mouse to drag things.

Is it then possible to physically move the compass to the top bar area while keeping the bottom bar as its parent? When I move the compass, it disappears behind all the other objects and I'm unable to bring it in front of the top bar background.

Thanks for the help to date.

Kelyan
Re: Stormfront skins, status bar and compass 07/15/2004 12:07 PM CDT
Sure. Remember that the order in which the objects are loaded and layered is derived from the order listed in Activeskin. So under Preview, you will see the Bottom Bar is loaded before all the windows and panels. If you use the arrow to move it down, it will load on top of those windows. Bear in mind this can have adverse effects depending on how you have things arranged.

-Ranik
Prev_page Previous 1 3 4 5 6