Autoloot bags in Test 01/24/2019 05:46 AM CST
Please feel free to post feedback here. I know that Zadraes has been watching a lot in Test (does the man ever sleep?) but in case you found something while his face was behind a big cup of coffee or something.

Thank you :)

Iocanthe
Doing stuff
Re: Autoloot bags in Test 01/24/2019 11:16 AM CST
Auto-what now? There doesn't appear to have been any sort of announcement about this, is there information somewhere?

Thanks,
-Biomancer Karthor
Re: Autoloot bags in Test 01/24/2019 12:47 PM CST
posted this in the wrong testing folder, so here is a copy/paste.

I briefly checked out the autoloot system currently in test.

What might be a bug: I received no messaging that my lootsack was full. If this is intentional, I would suggest messaging be added.

Another suggestion: The lootsack is belt worn. Personally, my belt is full. I would suggest we be able to toggle it to change location or perhaps use infuser stones/potency crystals to change the inv slot location.

Since I was testing, I chose to pick up all items. The lootsack doesn't appear to be very big. It only held 2 boxes, a couple of nuggets, and the rest were gems.

Also.....is there an easy way to empty it? Or does one remove each item individually?

~Gab
Re: Autoloot bags in Test 01/24/2019 05:16 PM CST

>The lootsack doesn't appear to be very big. It only held 2 boxes, a couple of nuggets, and the rest were gems.

Test lootsack holds 25 items, regardless of size. I don't know if the released version or versions will have different quantity capacities.

>Also.....is there an easy way to empty it?
I think someone said you can fill a gem pouch from it, but otherwise I believe its one by one.

Jalika
Re: Autoloot bags in Test 01/24/2019 06:22 PM CST

Are these going to be widely available or put behind a paywall? I'd be happy to help test if they're going to be available to all but not going to waste my time if it's going to be behind a paywall.

Thanks.
Re: Autoloot bags in Test 01/24/2019 06:58 PM CST

>>Are these going to be widely available or put behind a paywall? I'd be happy to help test if they're going to be available to all but not going to waste my time if it's going to be behind a paywall.

To take it a step further, I'm pretty sure this is a waste of time and resources if you're going to lock the lootsacks behind any sort of paywall. As much as I typically advocate for things to be subscription perks or even MT available, I dont want to see something that should be a core function turned into yet another MT/Simucoin purchase.. Staring directly at you Enchanting.

-Nsar
Re: Autoloot bags in Test 01/24/2019 09:55 PM CST
I think tying AUTOLOOT to a container is a bad idea. We already have STOW to tell the system where we want specific item types to go. This new verb circumvents this mechanic.

If it was me developing this system for AUTOLOOT, I would automagically try to put anything found on the critter into the STORE container when a character has AUTOLOOT on. If it won't fit in the STORE set container then leave it on the ground (due to filled container, no setting, etc.)

I would keep the settings for AUTOLOOT for item types somewhat as is, meaning, do you want to include autolooting coins (who wouldn't), gems, boxes, etc.

I feel that the vision was too broad and the application is too narrow. Who would want to AUTOLOOT boxes into a small lootsack when they have an embiggened backpack? Who would want to AUTOLOOT gems into a diminishingly spaced lootsack when then want them to go to a gem pouch? Who would want ore going into a further diminished spaced lootsack when they want it going into their haversack? You get the idea. STORE/STOW already accomplished the end goal for setting where you want things to go. Let AUTOLOOT allow the system to automatically stow items in what your preset STORE containers to.

If, though, AUTOLOOT "requires" an item to activate it, then have a badge, or some such, that allows the character to turn AUTOLOOT ON/OFF only. Then follow the STORE settings when that character uses LOOT.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Autoloot bags in Test 01/24/2019 10:35 PM CST
I don't think I'd be using AUTOLOOT stuff for my day to day loot (gems, boxes, coins), but if the system (I've yet to try it) lets me auto-loot random drops/quest incidentals/etc, I'd be pretty happy with it. I'd probably hope to get a general worn version, though.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Autoloot bags in Test 01/25/2019 12:55 AM CST
>I don't think I'd be using AUTOLOOT stuff for my day to day loot (gems, boxes, coins), but if the system (I've yet to try it) lets me auto-loot random drops/quest incidentals/etc, I'd be pretty happy with it. I'd probably hope to get a general worn version, though.

So you wouldn't want to use one command, LOOT, to put all the things dropped by a critter into the containers you want over doing multiple multiple multiple STOW and/or LOOK commands to pick up the things you want? Okay.

I for one would love to just use one command that takes everything you want to keep from a critter and puts it where you want it without having to look at what dropped. We already have this with SKIN to an extent. I have a feeling the concept for the new coding GMs came from the SKIN verb as a matter of fact, but that is just my guess.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Autoloot bags in Test 01/25/2019 07:04 AM CST
>>Who would want to AUTOLOOT boxes into a small lootsack when they have an embiggened backpack?

Are embiggened backpacks that common? Having another container that will hold 25 boxes is pretty good IMO. I agree it wouldn't be extremely useful for gems, you would have to fill your gem pouch fairly often. Would also be nice for all the miscellany that you can just pikc up and sort through later.
Re: Autoloot bags in Test 01/25/2019 11:37 AM CST
>>So you wouldn't want to use one command, LOOT, to put all the things dropped by a critter into the containers you want over doing multiple multiple multiple STOW and/or LOOK commands to pick up the things you want? Okay.

Per Zadraes' post: "Autoloot is a new verb that lets you toggle which types of loot you want to automatically pick up when you search/loot creatures. To use it, it requires a special container."

Based on that, AUTOLOOT doesn't seem to put gems in my gem pouch, boxes in my expanded Kanton pouch, and put the coins in my pockets. Instead, it puts them all in the catch-all bag coded to use autoloot that can hold X items of any size.

I don't really want to have coins/gems contribute to my inventory limit, and then have to manually transfer boxes from the autoloot bag to my own bag (which would actually be a lot more work since I'd have to explicitly get coffers/strongboxes/chests/etc vs the 'on the ground' STOW BOX option I have. I think I could use the FILL command to move the gems in the autoloot container to my gem pouch, though?

There's also the fact that I already have a ".loot" script that makes this "one command" on my end, even though it's obviously more commands in-game. That said, what my script can't do (at least right now) is realize if a monster dropped a neat incidental treasure on a quest, or something my script isn't already pre-set to notice/grab (maps, scrolls, etc).

I think AUTOLOOT is a neat system, and I could see using it in some, but not all, situations, because I'm particular about which items I take and where I store them during hunting (gems in gem pouch, boxes in my bag just for boxes, only certain types of metals for forging tasks, etc). If I was someone who had a general container for everything, I could see getting a lot more mileage out of it. I don't think the system is bad, just not as particular as I'd want it to be about item management.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Autoloot bags in Test 01/25/2019 11:39 AM CST
>>Are embiggened backpacks that common?

A number of MT events have embiggening devices and/or high capacity containers these days, so I don't think it's that abnormal if you want to spend the money for it.

>>Would also be nice for all the miscellany that you can just pikc up and sort through later.

This is where I think autoloot would shine for me.

Re: Autoloot bags in Test 01/25/2019 01:48 PM CST
> Based on that, AUTOLOOT doesn't seem to put gems in my gem pouch, boxes in my expanded Kanton pouch, and put the coins in my pockets.

From Zadraes's post:
When you kill a creature and LOOT it, any treasure that matches your toggled-on options will immediately end up in your lootsack (or pockets in the case of coins) instead of going to the ground.
Re: Autoloot bags in Test 01/25/2019 02:07 PM CST
>>From Zadraes's post: When you kill a creature and LOOT it, any treasure that matches your toggled-on options will immediately end up in your lootsack (or pockets in the case of coins) instead of going to the ground.

Okay, but is it putting gems in my pouch, filtering out the non gold/silver/platinum/bronze/brass/electrum/pewter I want from the other metals, putting my boxes in my box bag, etc…

Re: Autoloot bags in Test 01/25/2019 02:56 PM CST
AutoLoot does not function with the STORE system at this time. We might be able to look into it down the line, but there are hurdles to making something like that work.

AutoLoot was a project that Socharis started many, many years ago. It was 95% complete all this time and was a trivial amount of work to plug it up and make it work. No boats or any other major system were sacrificed in finishing this.

It may be a building block for something later (group-based lootsacks, anyone?). It may not be for everyone. That's fine. At the end of the day, no one is harmed by this release, and again...it had 0 impact on any other Dev.

Zadraes
Re: Autoloot bags in Test 01/25/2019 03:13 PM CST
Yeah; just to be clear, I think this is a 100% awesome addition to DR.

I might not use it for gems and boxes, but if it lets me auto-loot incidentals that my personal loot script isn't able to properly catch, I'm going to happily use it for that!

Re: Autoloot bags in Test 01/25/2019 04:20 PM CST

I think this could turn out really nifty. Question though when I auto loot my lodged it doesn't stack the blades. Should it? Could it? Will it?

Thanks again!

Azettie Poppy
Re: Autoloot bags in Test 01/25/2019 04:43 PM CST
Blade stacking isn't supported at the moment, but when I can catch a breather (likely after the event) we'll look into it.

Zadraes
Re: Autoloot bags in Test 01/26/2019 10:43 AM CST
@TEVESHSZAT

I thought you were responding to my post where I wanted to change it to work with the STORE system, not the original GM post. My bad. I tested AUTOLOOT before posting BTW so I knew what it actually does. Sorry for the confusion.

Re: Autoloot bags in Test 02/03/2019 03:19 AM CST
Could we at least get the coins option to function without having to have a lootsack? I am already close to being out of slots for containers aside from general worn.

Also, could gems be allowed to work without the lootsack, even if they go into some other container other than your gem pouch?

Thanks for finishing Socharis's work and getting this out the door.

As far as testing it out in its current form, it works great. I didn't test lodged ammo yet. Would those stack, or would it have the same issue as throwing blades that someone mentioned?
Re: Autoloot bags in Test 02/03/2019 09:54 AM CST
Lodged into it was a vermilion bolt and a vermilion bolt.
You also find a tiny carmine carnelian and a massive covellite nugget!

Why did that carnelian not go into my loot sack? I'd say 90% of the time gems end up in the loot sack, but when I'm training ranged they occasionally don't. Is that because of the lodged bolts?

~Hunter Hanryu
>Everything Rangers have is just a lame version of something cool.~Morkim