(no subject) 01/11/2019 06:00 PM CST

* Log-on system converted your character's off-line time to rested experience. You now have 30 minutes built up. *

I did not get this message when i first logged in. And please note it was my first time every logging into test.

I can clearly see the experience difference just on the first few pulses.

Tert Skill Below:

PRIME:
Offhand Weapon: 568 46% (26/34) +0.10
Tracking for: 1 hours, 20 minutes

TEST:
Offhand Weapon: 568 47% (24/34) +0.05
Tracking for: 12 minutes
Re: (no subject) 01/11/2019 09:01 PM CST
>>I did not get this message when i first logged in. And please note it was my first time every logging into test.

Without getting into too much detail, there was an interaction with how test pulls character information I didn't expect. But that said, it's revealing to me an underlying problem I should fix anyway to avoid similar edge cases when we go live.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: (no subject) 01/11/2019 11:02 PM CST
<<It's based on drain pulses rather than field exp. There's two ways it starts to build up (numbers are not set in stone yet).>>

<<1) You're on-line and your pools have been completely empty for five minutes.
2) You've been off-line for 30 minutes.>>

Is it going to remain the case that recharge won’t start while draining is happening even after “sleep” is activated?

Moon Mages are totally Jedi. -Raesh
Re: (no subject) 01/12/2019 07:47 AM CST
>>Is it going to remain the case that recharge won’t start while draining is happening even after “sleep” is activated?

The current SLEEP function will not (since you're still draining). Gonna see if I wrote myself into a corner in the next few days when I try to make the option to allow you to stop draining entirely and regen rest instead.

I am hedging my language (and taking this long to get this out the door) because the experience system is complex and bugs can be catastrophic if they go live.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: (no subject) 01/12/2019 08:55 AM CST
>The current SLEEP function will not (since you're still draining). Gonna see if I wrote myself into a corner in the next few days when I try to make the option to allow you to stop draining entirely and regen rest instead.

>I am hedging my language (and taking this long to get this out the door) because the experience system is complex and bugs can be catastrophic if they go live.

Excited as I am for this system to go live, it's definitely worth waiting for an option to stop all drain and regen rest.

Thanks for your work on this, Armifer.